• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

he was definitely in there, I ran into him on my way to the toilets post match.

He was in block 123. Came in wearing a Southend scarf and a kilt about 10 minutes before kick off. I had to laugh when some plastic fan shouted 'Look at that prat. Who wears a kilt to a football match?'. I had to turn round and put him straight. His face was a picture when he realised he had made a fool of himself. He then spent the entire match criticising the team. Doubt we will ever see him at Roots Hall. If you're reading this I hope you're still embarrassed.

As I said on another thread as Brown was humble enough to allow Coughlan to lead the team out then surely Sturrock could and should have been allowed to do this after all. I know posters will say it was his decision not to all but christ surely many of us will suspect he was connivingly backed into a corner to spite him. I'm sure the players would have been happy with this.

If Sturrock had been in charge today no doubt we would have won. Ron Martin is totally to blame for the defeat today!!!!

PS did exactly as he said he would do.

He had a couple of beers with the fans in The Green Man before and after the game and was surrounded by well-wishers there, and whilst walking to and from the stadium.

If he had a pound for every photo he had taken with the fan's today, he would now be a very rich man. :smile:

If Sturrock had been in charge today no doubt we would have won. Ron Martin is totally to blame for the defeat today!!!!

What a ridiculous statement !! Hate to say this but the two poorest players out there was either bought (for real actual money) and given chance after chance by Sturrock.

Now I'm not saying this whole situation isn't weird, but lets take these rose tinted specs off shall we. If we had been so sure PS could and win every game, he wouldn't have been sacked and we wouldn't ave dropped 8 points from 9 in 3 straight home games !!!

What a ridiculous statement !! Hate to say this but the two poorest players out there was either bought (for real actual money) and given chance after chance by Sturrock.

Now I'm not saying this whole situation isn't weird, but lets take these rose tinted specs off shall we. If we had been so sure PS could and win every game, he wouldn't have been sacked and we wouldn't ave dropped 8 points from 9 in 3 straight home games !!!

Exactly, well said.

I really wanted to meet Paul Sturrock but as I went up by car with friends I was not free to direct my day. We found ourselves in JJ Moons, where the beer was good and the service efficient. Suddenly, Roger, my friend suggested going to the stadium via the Green Man to sample the atmosphere. I enthusiastically backed the idea and was left marvelling about how fate sometimes can play a hand in your life. We arrived in the tumult of the pub and amidst all the hustle and bustle made our way to the left hand side entrance where I walked straight into the path of Paul Sturrock as he was leaving. I shook his hand and introduced myself, in the only way I could, as Yogi Bear. Even following all the drinks he had been offered by appreciative fans!!!............there was a flicker of recognition! IIRC, he turned to the woman next to him and said, "It's Yogi Bear", to which she replied to me "you've come a long way!" There was sadly no time for anything else as they were going out of the door......not even a photo together. I would have liked to have replied to the woman whom I presume was Cluniemore? Does anyone know whether it was his daughter or his companion? In the end I suppose in some ways, I am sad to say, that was one of the main highlights of my day. A great pleasure to have met him, even so briefly.

Back