• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was looking at the Wikipedia entries for Cox & Fortune.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Cox_(footballer,_born_1987)

Including his 4 goals for Ireland, Cox's goal on Saturday appears to have been his 104th career goal. Add up the stats at the bottom of his Wiki page (do it manually, don't believe the sub-totaling....). But it was his 100th domestic goal if the stats on there are to be believed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc-Antoine_Fortuné

Now look at the Wiki page for Fortune. Including all of his goals for various teams in various French leagues, plus those in the Netherlands and for Celtic, WBA, etc etc it does seem as if he was on 98 goals before joining SUFC. One vs the O's in the Nonsense Cup plus his first league goal on Saturday seems to take him to 100 exactly.

I hope Chris Phillips is reading this - I am doing his journalistic work for him.....

I would be pretty certain that this would be a unique event, i.e. two strikers both scoring their 100th domestic goals for the same club in the same match.

Would be grateful if someone could verify my maths and then ensure SUFC are advised as all the hype was for Cox because it was a 93rd minute winner but in reality it took both goals to win the match.

Would his goals at Angoulême count? Whilst they did get promoted to the semi-pro third tier of French football it sounds like a few of his goals came in the fourth tier, which is an amateur league.

The wikipedia page you linked to shows 94 goals in total.

The top of the page for some reason says 5 goals for Wigan even though he got 7 for them, the career statistics bit adds up to 98. Although given Wikipedia can't even match their own figures who knows how accurate it is.

Back