• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did RM answer SOS questions

Sorry just seen this! Anyway no he did not, he wrote back saying why don’t we all have a zoom meeting. To which I replied these questions are important and need to be in writing so they are accountable.... that was nearly 2 weeks ago and Ron has not replied

Somewhat counter-intuitive. He would be no more or less accountable in a zoom meeting. Asking him to put it in writing means nothing. It's not as if anything he writes is legally enforceable. It's not a contract. A zoom chat would have been of equal value, archived for posterity and as a bonus his tone and intention would have been clearer than the written word.

Sorry just seen this! Anyway no he did not, he wrote back saying why don’t we all have a zoom meeting. To which I replied these questions are important and need to be in writing so they are accountable.... that was nearly 2 weeks ago and Ron has not replied
Thanks for the reply, but Ron, accountable?
He doesn't get it does he? Southend is his fiefdom and here's a reminder, as if needed.

Lol, Ron Martin putting stuff down in words, to be thrown back in his face later, he's not that stupid. I would take that zoom meeting Scott. How evasive he is and hard to pin down to a meeting, that's the best you can hope for. I'm surprised he even suggested it. At least you can still ask those very important questions, and you can record it to hold him accountable.

Somewhat counter-intuitive. He would be no more or less accountable in a zoom meeting. Asking him to put it in writing means nothing. It's not as if anything he writes is legally enforceable. It's not a contract. A zoom chat would have been of equal value, archived for posterity and as a bonus his tone and intention would have been clearer than the written word.
The problem as we have had in previous meetings is that he will bluster and go off on a tangent and answer questions with questions. We don’t expect him to give all of the answers anyway, the whole point of this is to expose to a much wider audience how the fans are being treated and how the club is being run.

Lol, Ron Martin putting stuff down in words, to be thrown back in his face later, he's not that stupid. I would take that zoom meeting Scott. How evasive he is and hard to pin down to a meeting, that's the best you can hope for. I'm surprised he even suggested it. At least you can still ask those very important questions, and you can record it to hold him accountable.
Exactly him refusing just proves our point, I would take a meeting yes but he wants it only if it’s got 20 or so other people and it’s not direct enough he will also do what he’s done before in meetings bring the manager in so some will end up talking about the football which is not the aim of it, also in previous meeting he’s brought his accountant in who I my view just blindly answers yes to anything Ron says. The meetings in the most part have been a shamble, talking got us nowhere hence the protest, as I have said many times when is enough enough?

Thanks for the reply, but Ron, accountable?
He doesn't get it does he? Southend is his fiefdom and here's a reminder, as if needed.

What has he stolen from Southend?

Were in the NL because £15m badly spent in the last 3 years, not theft and fraud like the Oystons.

Were in the NL because £15m badly spent in the last 3 years, not theft and fraud like the Oystons.

We are in the National League because it is the third relegation in recent years caused by a combination of players and others not being paid, winding up orders and resulting transfer embargoes. Ron has forever had problems with cash flow. This goes back over a decade now.

The problem as we have had in previous meetings is that he will bluster and go off on a tangent and answer questions with questions. We don’t expect him to give all of the answers anyway, the whole point of this is to expose to a much wider audience how the fans are being treated and how the club is being run.
Stick to an agenda Scott and just keep bringing any bluster back to the agenda items for a minuted answer. Try and allow enough time during the call to each agenda item to help keep track of bluster time baring in mind the questions are likely to require discussion, and reduce the agenda if you feel time will be too rushed.

As for @onceknownasrab - you do know what fiefdom means, Riggers? ?
I'll save you the trouble: 'a territory or sphere of operation controlled by a particular person or group'.

Only property developer I know not having built anything

Getting planning consent for 1300 houses would make him possibly the most successful developer in South East Essex history...

A builder will build the houses. If they pay just £50,00 per unit thats £65m to Ron. If Ron employs a builder and say Jack is in charge of sales that would go up well north of £100m.......He would almost become the ideal local sugar daddy that all the fans want.

Worth remembering the next time you read Ron is clueless and a useless businessman. He is fooling more people than we give him credit for.

Concentrate on the stadium, academy and our club. Thats what we can save and improve. The houses will be coming whatever happens with or without SUFC.

Golden rule of engagement....Never ever underestimate your enemy

Getting planning consent for 1300 houses would make him possibly the most successful developer in South East Essex history...

A builder will build the houses. If they pay just £50,00 per unit thats £65m to Ron. If Ron employs a builder and say Jack is in charge of sales that would go up well north of £100m.......He would almost become the ideal local sugar daddy that all the fans want.

Worth remembering the next time you read Ron is clueless and a useless businessman. He is fooling more people than we give him credit for.

Concentrate on the stadium, academy and our club. Thats what we can save and improve. The houses will be coming whatever happens with or without SUFC.

You are Dominic Cummings and I claim my 5 euros

So you call a guy who gambles all his finances on one development a good businessman? Is that a sensible strategy for good business? Simple yes or no and then you can explain why.

Back