• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did Rooney dive ?

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
With whats been done this week to try and clamp down on the players diving and feigning injury, Did Arsenal get a taste of their own medicine yesterday ?

I personally think the goalkeeper needed to read the situation better, that if Rooney had got on the end of the through ball and Almunia stayed on his line Rooney was going to knock it straight out for a goal kick, although there was contact was Rooney was looking for it ?

The differecne from this and the Celtic game in the week was Almunia's arms were at full stretch and clattered into Rooney, you could clearly see that Boruc realised he was going to take Eduardo out so tried to pull out of it.

So, did Rooney decieve the referee by diving ?

Also I thought it was pathetic sending Wenger to the stands, the game was finished and all he did was show a little emotion that his team didn't score, is passion a crime now ?

No... He didn't dive...

Rooney knocked the ball past Almunia, who recklessly and needlessly charged off his line. Yes, the ball was going out of play and, Yes, Rooney was certainly looking for the penalty, but Almunia made contact with him and forced the penalty.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Almunia.

No... He didn't dive...

Rooney knocked the ball past Almunia, who recklessly and needlessly charged off his line. Yes, the ball was going out of play and, Yes, Rooney was certainly looking for the penalty, but Almunia made contact with him and forced the penalty.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Almunia.

I agree, should have done better for United's winner aswell.

Something I forgot to mention, Fletcher's tackle on Arshavin was a blatent pen. Fletcher is maybe due a bit of luck against Arsenal and they say these things even themselves out.

Something I forgot to mention, Fletcher's tackle on Arshavin was a blatent pen. Fletcher is maybe due a bit of luck against Arsenal and they say these things even themselves out.

Yep and Fergie reckons he got the ball, ****. Didn't matter cos they scored straight after anyway.

I hate those sort of penalties and I don't actually think they should be given. Rooney knocked the ball forwards well out of his reach and out of play, and he started to go down before Almunia even touched him. If there was an incident on the halfway line where a player smacked the ball away and then ran into someone on purpose it wouldn't be given, so I don't see why it should be in the area.

Rooney didn't dive but he was looking for the penalty and was quite clever. He just kicked the ball away from Almunia so he wouldn't get the ball and rode the tackle. He was jumping before Almunia touched him. Arsenal had a much clearer penalty in the 1st half. They scored a minute later but still. Man U getting the luck at Old Trafford as usual, although they probably edged the match.

I think that luck may have evened its self out yesterday. Fletcher could have given a penalty away, but after the very unfortunate event in the Champions League where we gave away a penalty that wasn't and then got sent off. Diaby's own goal was unlucky and strange but after the two goals they 'scored' against Celtic in the first leg. Eboue's dive was awful and especially with what happened this week with Wenger trying his hardest to stand up for Eduardo.

nope didn't dive, eboue's dive who disgraceful and should be charged same as eduardo. as should gerrard when he does it next and drogba. the list goes on and on.

Rooney didn't dive but he was looking for the penalty and was quite clever. He just kicked the ball away from Almunia so he wouldn't get the ball and rode the tackle. He was jumping before Almunia touched him. Arsenal had a much clearer penalty in the 1st half. They scored a minute later but still. Man U getting the luck at Old Trafford as usual, although they probably edged the match.

what game were you watching?

So, did Rooney decieve the referee by diving?

Yep.

On the slow motion replay you could see that Rooney had buckled his knees and decided to go down before there was any contact whatsoever. I was somewhat taken aback to hear the commentary team calling a spade a spade when he was at it again yesterday, I doubt that Tyldsley will be following suit when he's on in the Champions League.

All this rubbish about contact or not. Its seems acceptable that you can go down if someone makes any contact, even if its not enough to take you down.

Eduardo sensed the keeper coming out and decided to go down. Rooney did the same and was already going down before Almunia touched him.

Can anyone honestly tell me that Rooney was taken down for England? If the World football governing bodies are going to be consistent, Rooney should be banned for the next two matches, but it wont be discussed as much in this country as it would damage our world cup chances.

To openly say what he said in his press conference and then do that makes him look even more ridiculous than usual.

More here from the honest player who would never dive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2FilSIGfCo

This one is particularly bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cmpozcslIA&feature=related

Last edited:
Back