• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Did you have an aggresive or violent teacher?

Bielzibubz

President
Well did you? I did, in fact more than one. The fella that does stick in my mind the most, although you must understand that with the march of time things have become a little hazy, was our TD (technical drawing) teacher.

A man of limited words and even less charisma who would stalk the classroom with a lump of 1" x 2" piece of wood that he called his 'ruler' Every now and then, without warning or provocation, he'd walk past your desk and wrap you across the knuckles with it just as your trying your hardest to get that horizontal line as near perfect as possible using the chewed remnants of a plastic ruler you'd found in the desk five minutes previously. Opinion amongst my fellow class mates was that this was considered a rather tame punishment and you'd got off lightly. If you'd done something particularly bad like sneezing or breaking the lead on your pencil you'd know damn well that sometime during the next 20 minutes you'd receive a swift 'thwack' round the back of the head and woe betide you if you put your hands to your head to rub the painful area as this was just the invitation he needed to wallop your already swollen digits.

God I hated him.........

Anyone got any more stories to relate?

As I said on the other thread, a teacher who's name I forget used to throw wooden board rubbers and pieces of chalk at anyone who dared to speak in class. Also another who took great delight in beating my @rse with a metal ruler for running down the hallways.

Not to mention the psychopathic PE teachers who used to chase us around the changing rooms with gym slippers and used to take delight in absolutely destroying me emotionally as I was the skinny kid picked last at football.

All sounds a bit gay :stunned:

..and this was between 1982 - 1987...hardly the 1950's!

Amazing how times have changes really. I don't suppose you olders peeps could have done it, but i know if some poxy jumped up teacher tried to wrap me i'd have taken him apart. simple:)

Amazing how times have changes really. I don't suppose you olders peeps could have done it, but i know if some poxy jumped up teacher tried to wrap me i'd have taken him apart. simple:)

Times were different. We were scared of (some) teachers, though the memorable ones such as Mr Sutcliffe (English) and Mrs Bloor (Computing) I remember to this day as I respected them immensely and they taught me loads - (even if I did know more about computers than Mrs Bloor :D). The ones that "scared" me, such as the pathetic failed sportsmen PE teachers I've generally forgotten.

I can remember there was an organised fight between my school Rayleigh Park and the school 3 or 4 fields away, Rayleigh Sweyne.
Our headmaster and the PE teacher bought out their canes and decided to walk across the field with us in an effort to "meet up":D

Unsuprisingly, Sweyne (perrienial bottlers) never showed but one shudders to think what would have happened if our hundred or so expectant kids and deranged teachers had met stiff opposition!

yes, mr wade, we reduced him to tears a few times. he also threw things against the door / wall etc.

it was the simplest things, like making animal noises during musical recordings, and he would flip like aberdeen shrimper. he also had a croaky shouty voice that didn't help his cause.

my cousin lee (rip) made him run round the school after him once. i also understand someone in the year below me nutted him.

his lessons made school fun.

Teachers in my day used physical punishment as a threat, you knew if you were in enough trouble you'd get slippered - worse was having to stand "under the clock" waiting to see the Head, everyone knew why you were there and the anticipation made it all worse. That's not to say we didn't get a ruler across the back of our hands or the odd board rubber thrown. It was accepted back then.

Teachers in my day used physical punishment as a threat, you knew if you were in enough trouble you'd get slippered - worse was having to stand "under the clock" waiting to see the Head, everyone knew why you were there and the anticipation made it all worse. That's not to say we didn't get a ruler across the back of our hands or the odd board rubber thrown. It was accepted back then.

Ah yes, happy days! Never did me any harm...never did me any harm...never did me any...;)

I don't believe it! I've got one of my compilations on at the moment and 'The Headmaster Ritual' - a song about bullying teachers' - has just come on!

I remember an English teacher we had called Miss Drake a spinsterish lady of uncertain years and equally uncertain temper. One lad was mucking about in the class, and she treated him to such a flow beautifully crafted insults without taking recourse to profanity, that it's still in my memory 40 years later.

Our form tutor Beaky (so called because of his enormous hooter) would threaten us with the slipper, however he was completely ineffectual in inflicting pain. Whereas we had a maths teacher who had a variety of canes all with names which he would invite his victim to select before inflicting the punishment. Sadistic *******.

I don't believe it! I've got one of my compilations on at the moment and 'The Headmaster Ritual' - a song about bullying teachers' - has just come on!

Belligerent ghouls roam Manchester schools...cracking song.

As for me, I got smacked when in infant school and whilst when I was in senior school I remember a teacher grabbing me by the throat asking to wipe the smile off my face. A bit difficult seeing as in grabbing me he was holding my face as taut as a drum.

There were rumours that he had lost his job at a previous school for thumping a student so this didn't come as a huge surprise although he could quite often be a decent bloke. Lots of chalk throwing over the years as well. Good times.

Yes.......Mr Harris, AKA Hitler, who resided at King Edmunds Secondary School (Ashingdon) around late 70's to mid 80's

Would love to have but as MK says, things were diffrent and they would give you a good battering if you even thought about it.

We had a teacher called Mr Longhurst who was a Mr Essex (body builder) and he loved giving us the cane at any opportunity

One of my teachers used to throw those wooden backed chalk board rubbers at pupils who were talking. He didn't even look, just threw, and it always hit the guilty party...boy did it hurt.

A teacher of mine at Northlands in Pitsea used to have a thing for smacking pupils hands with a wooden meter ruler, if I remember correctly.

He also had an obsession with making us write 'joined-up', which looking back I've always found odd.

There was a Maths teacher in my secondary school who was a bit of a geezer...looked like he was an old ted and had a caff on the seafront. He came in one Monday morning looking really knackered & p***ed off, running his yellow fingers through his greasy hair. He opened the Maths exercise book and asked the lad in front a question. He made a pig's ear of it and 'Baz' (the teacher) picked up the lad's plastic ruler and smashed him on the head so hard with it, it broke, whilst simultaneously exclaiming the word "FOOL!" at him. Happy days - frightening, but happy!

For those that went to the Deanes School late 70s early eighties, the woodwork/metalwork teacher, Mr Brabins? was very scarey.

There was also talk that the PE teacher, Mr Lemons had hit a kid with a javelin at a previous school. However, he did like knocking high cricket ball for us to catch seeming wanting to miss and knock our teeth out instead.

However, we did have some very good teachers such as the chemistry chap, Dr No.

Last edited:
My best mate had a run-in with a teacher who was ex-Army, had fought in The Korean War. He made us stand every time he came into the room and his stock phrase was 'I'm a firm man...firm, but fair...' which of course we always used to parrot whenever his name came up. This product of the old school was also quite big and pretty intimidating and loved his rugby. He sought out my mate (who was fairly big himself) when he hadn't turned up for a rugby session, where he knew he'd be used as cannon fodder for the first team warm-up. So, FBF asks my mate why he hadn't turned up and he...rather gamefully...says, "I don't like rugby, sir." Next thing he knows, FFF has caught him with a right uppercut to the solar plexus & says, "Well (surname witheld), I DON'T LIKE YOU!" Astonishing, really...

We had a teacher called Mr Longhurst who was a Mr Essex (body builder) and he loved giving us the cane at any opportunity

That was one bloke you didn't mess with. He regularly used to flex and rip his shirts.

Back in my day woodwork/metalwork teachers would frequently f*** off for half an hour or so leaving a class full of children unattended in a room full of lathes, drills, brazing torches and other sharp/dangerous/hot objects.

I remember sticking a bit of dowel in a press drill and trying to start a fire 'Ray Mears' style. A small crowd gathered to watch the action and as smoke started rising helpfully fed the fire with wood shavings.

Needless to say Mr. Longhurst was not impressed and he swiftly dispensed his preferred method of punishment.

Welsh sports teachers where ususlly up there on the sadistic front.. The fear of copping it yourself was countered by the enjoyment of watching some kisd you didnt like being on the recieving end.. Nature, always in balance..

Back