• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did you know ??

HypoTypo

Living The Dream
Been pondering around the house all day, so picked up a few stats for this season. (18/19)

Thought some of you may be interested

This season, SUFC have:

• Had 318 shots at goal. 133 of those were on target converting a total of 39 goals (10.6 shots per game, 4.43 on target Per game and average of 1.3 goals per game).
  • We have had 289 shots taken at our goal, 111 of which were on target and 37 of which converted into goals. (9.63 shots per game, 3.7 per game on target and an average of 1.23 conceded per game.
  • We have been awarded 150 corners and conceded 160 corners
  • The blues have fouled 374 opponents and been fouled themselves 354 times
  • Of those fouls committed, we have picked up 43 yellow cards, 5 reds which equates to 53 points.
  • Our highest position in the league this season was on Aug 18th when we reached 8th following our 2-0 home win against Bradford.
  • Our Lowest position in the league table this season was on Sept 15th where we were 18th following a 2-0 loss at Shrewsbury.

:Smile2::Smile:

The blues have fouled 374 opponents and been fouled themselves 354 times

I think you actually mean that the Blues have been penalised by the referee 374 times whilst receiving only 354 decisions in our favour:Winking:

This is actually quite a surprising stat considering how many people are questioning the lack of desire, the lack of a ball-winner etc.

I think you actually mean that the Blues have been penalised by the referee 374 times whilst receiving only 354 decisions in our favour:Winking:

This is actually quite a surprising stat considering how many people are questioning the lack of desire, the lack of a ball-winner etc.

Yes ..... Sure that's what I typed but I suppose it's how you read it.

Considering the for's and againsts are quite tight, I would agree with you about them being surprising.

Yes ..... Sure that's what I typed but I suppose it's how you read it.

Considering the for's and againsts are quite tight, I would agree with you about them being surprising.

Think of all those times our brave player was fouled by some dastardly opponent and the ref failed to give us the free-kick/penalty. They don't show up in those stats but it does each time our opponent dives and the referee falls for it and penalises our innocent player. It is therefore technically a measure of how often we are penalised/awarded a decision rather than how rarely we actually foul/ how often we are fouled

@OldBlueLady probably has strong opinions on this subject....

Think of all those times our brave player was fouled by some dastardly opponent and the ref failed to give us the free-kick/penalty. They don't show up in those stats but it does each time our opponent dives and the referee falls for it and penalises our innocent player. It is therefore technically a measure of how often we are penalised/awarded a decision rather than how rarely we actually foul/ how often we are fouled

@OldBlueLady probably has strong opinions on this subject....

I am sure OBL has that opinion and I would agree. However the stats do not show a lot of things in reality and as you rightly said.
Don't shoot the messenger, I just provoked the discussion after I worked the stats out, I never made the stats and I am not accountable for the mistakes made by officials

:Smile2::Thumbs up:

Back