• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Difference in Embargos

Blue_Wes

Simple Minded
Was reading the Metro on the way in to work this morning, and it had a small piece on Portsmouth's difficulties and the embargo they are currently under. However, it then stated that as they only had 18 listed players they were allowed to bring players in? Now obviously we have a damn sight less than that, and we are only able to sign players on pre-contracts. Anyone know why the embargo's are different for different clubs? We are both League Clubs now, and as far as I can see, both under an embargo for more or less the same reason.

Any thoughts?

It does seem odd and this was discussed yesterday, the only reasoning I can think of is that Portsmouth are being run by an administrator who is attempting to sort their finances out so they are showing the League they are trying and we still have to go to the high court to show we are financially ok ,maybe when we do that things might change,but I might be well off the track.

The BBC website stated:

The Blues are currently under a transfer embargo but the Professional Footballers Association has told BBC Essex that if the club can produce evidence to the Football League that they are dealing with their financial problems, they could be given special dispensation to register players.

I can only assume that we have not provided this evidence to the league while Portsmouth have.

Perhaps the next tranche of Sainsbury money for the sale of Roots Hall is due in the next few weeks (possibly when work on Fossetts Farm commences). Ron will then be in a position to lend the club further funds, the football club can repay its debts and the embargo lifted. This scenario would match Rons statement in his last video blog. The other explanation is that we are unable to provide the League with satisfactory evidence that the financial problems are being dealt with.

Back