• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now I know your a cabby dad of Jim but if PB takes your advice and goes through the roundabout at the end of Hamstel road ( point 4). Then he will end up in Garons golf club and no where near Sunderland. Still explains why you charge s much.

I don't recall making any comments before about you, rigsby, so keep to the subject, eh?

Posting the directions to Sunderland again doesn't make any point you may have raised (I'm not convinced there were any in the original thread) any more convincing.

It just makes you look extremely infantile.

Another that has missed my point in reposting. When I posted the second set of route instructions, it was to continue a thread that I had started, but had been arbitrarily closed. Your accusation of infantility does little to suggest that you can make a reasoned reply to my original thoughts.

The A19 is a bad move, as well.

There's major roadworks, there. You'll be better advised taking the B2678 trunk road towards Seaham, turning left at Harry Ramsden's and then right again just past the co-op on the corner of Blyth Road.

It'll cut about 10 minutes off the journey time. Guarantee it.

Thank me later!

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Stay on the A1M and take the exit after the Washington services.
Alternatively, mention this thread to RHB and he'll close it as he wisely did the last one JIMSDAD stupidly opened.

Even more serious point of order here.
Please have the common courtesy to read what I said and I quote:-

I have been an active and vocal detractor of Mr Brown since the sad announcement of his appointment. This has included lengthy face to face, telephone and text conversations with the likes of our chairman, Adam Barrett and Mr Browns seafront landlord, to name but a few.

I did not say that he said anything derogatory. In fact he is the polar opposite to myself and seems to believe that our manager is just hunky dory.

So, why was he named in your original post?

I've now added the rest of your paragraph, which you didn't include in it's entirety and have now re-quoted above in blue. It clearly refers to your dislike of PB and conversations on this subject with certain "in the know" people and intimates their agreement with your views. It can't suggest anything else, otherwise what's the relevance of naming them and the conversations you have had with them?

Is the suggestion that the Chairman and Adam Barrett are also people who share your views?

Last edited:
So, why was he named in your original post?

I've now added the rest of your sentence, which you didn't include in it's entirety and have now re-quoted above in blue. It clearly refers to your dislike of PB and conversations on this subject with certain "in the know" people and intimates their agreement with your views. It can't suggest anything else, otherwise what's the relevance of naming them and the conversations you have had with them?

Is the suggestion that the Chairman and Adam Barrett are also people who share your views?

Can't agree with that Andy. I've no idea why he mentioned the conversations but there's nothing to suggest that the negative views he has were shared by others he spoke too. Who he has spoken to seems irrelevant. Could also have been the Queen as there's no added value to his opinion.

Indeed. Exactly the point of my original post on this thread. If none of the three named actually agree with the sentiments, then they shouldn't be named at all. Especially in the same paragraph. He would be best removing the names, so we know these are only his views and not shared by them.

Unless they are removed, then the suggestion is that they agree with his comments, by association with the original post, which has no balanced view and states the poster's opinion in no uncertain terms.

2nd season we blew it... yes, closer this time, but still blew it.. bye Mr Brown. enjoy your media career.

Indeed. Exactly the point of my original post on this thread. If none of the three named actually agree with the sentiments, then they shouldn't be named at all. Especially in the same sentence. He would be best removing the names, so we know these are only his views and not shared by them.

Unless they are removed, then the suggestion is that they agree with his comments, by association with the original post, which has no balanced view and states the poster's opinion in no uncertain terms.

"I have been an active and vocal detractor of Mr Brown since the sad announcement of his appointment. This has included lengthy face to face, telephone and text conversations with the likes of our chairman, Adam Barrett and Mr Browns seafront landlord, to name but a few."

There is no reason to draw the inference you have from those two sentences. In fact just the opposite. If those three people agreed with him there'd have been no need for lengthy conversations !!

So, what's the relevance of these "conversations" then?

Stick with me on this, btw. I'm setting something up here. :winking:

Crazy talk....if you'd asked the majority of us last August..."reasonable aspirations for the season ahead please"....and would 7th be deemed ok? I think the majority would've said yes :winking:.

The fact that, in hindsight, a wonderful thing as we all know, we fell over in the last 6 games is massively frustrating....but to me, a good season overall.

Ok. So your personal opinion aside. You can't really back this up with facts. You say Brown is a threat to the club but he has improved us season on season since his arrival.

Not many managers at lower league level can say that.

I do think there is an element of truth in what you say, buy the fact remains we finally climbed out of the basement and under Brown we had possibly the club's best day out ....ever!

It remains to be seen whether the season on season improvement will continue next season but if it does it will be an achievement given the size of our club against others.

All of that aside he is sometimes a quite odious man.

But he isbthe manager until Ron says otherwise.

So, what's the relevance of these "conversations" then?

Stick with me on this, btw. I'm setting something up here. :winking:

There is no relevance to those conversations. It's like saying, "I was only saying to my barber last week...". What he said to anyone is unimportant as it's only his view and there's no evidence that anyone he spoke to agreed with him.

"I have been an active and vocal detractor of Mr Brown since the sad announcement of his appointment. This has included lengthy face to face, telephone and text conversations with the likes of our chairman, Adam Barrett and Mr Browns seafront landlord, to name but a few."

There is no reason to draw the inference you have from those two sentences. In fact just the opposite. If those three people agreed with him there'd have been no need for lengthy conversations !!

That's a ridicules conclusion. That implies that just because you agree with someone you wouldn't engage in a lengthy conversation?

You are clearly not monosyllabic in some of your positive posts, so why the quantum leap?

Spurious in the extreme.:facepalm:

In these conversations who was doing the talking? Was it, by chance, you with everyone else nodding saying uhuh, mmm, yep?

If so you missed them shaking their heads and mouthing "idiot" as you turned to walk away.

or maybe your right and we should sack a manager that has improved our league position every year, that has attracted better players every year and has raised the profile of our club every year. Bring back Alvin Martin

Another that has missed my point in reposting. When I posted the second set of route instructions, it was to continue a thread that I had started, but had been arbitrarily closed. Your accusation of infantility does little to suggest that you can make a reasoned reply to my original thoughts.

Your original thread was closed because you had entered into trolling country in my opinion as a moderator. To open this thread up with a title that suggests that I couldn't face the truth of your post is completely wrong and just confirms my view that you like to moan and troll at the same time. Posts only get closed or deleted if a poster infringes the rules of the site, remembering that as posters we are all guests of the owners. This thread is currently open as other posters are offering up opinions of your posts.

Back