• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2nd season we blew it... yes, closer this time, but still blew it.. bye Mr Brown. enjoy your media career.

You think Spurs want Poch out, as you could say that they blew it twice over the last 2 seasons ?

Just trying to find a balanced comparison here.

Indeed and you don't go through a roundabout, you go around them.

The clue is in the description! :winking:

Otherwise you'll ruin all those beautifully prepared and cared for floral displays. You might damage yer car, as well. All in all, it's not a wise move.

:smile:comply roundabout

I think some people have been in one long sulk ever since Brown was appointed. They seriously underestimate the extent to which we punched above our weight last season in terms of where we finished and who we signed. Our gates make us mid table at best and our stadium and training ground are increasingly barely league two. We've only had one season with an average crowd over than 10k since the early 70s - which league to people think we should be in based on that?
Football is all about money these days and without it even if we got to the Championship we wouldn't last more than a couple of seasons at best in our current circumstances. Look at the other small clubs who make it there - Rotherham managed 3 with a millionaire chairman. Brentford and Bournemouth are doing OK with their billionaire owners but once the money is withdrawn unless they've grown their fanbase (like Reading) they will be back to the lower leagues (like Wigan). Burton have had one year and I can't see them having many more even with St Georges as their training ground.

JimsDad.

Can I ask you what you dislike so much about Phil Brown? and remove personal feelings you have developed and detail them based on his profession as a football manager of Southend United.

I'm not sure what you wanted to achieve by opening this thread, more people have commented on the content of the directions than they have of your opinion. Its clear that you dislike Brown, but why do you want to keep pushing this view on everyone else on this forum.

I have spoken to people at the club about Brown in the past too, I have spoken on a number of occasions to Adam Barrett and although I totally disagree with the way Brown treat him I cant disagree with the progress of the football club whilst brown has been the manager,and despite what you believe, its not coincidence. The Barrett thing does leave a bitter taste in your mouth because people should be treat a lot better - especially a club great, but it is what it is and its old news now, people have moved on.

I truly would like to know why you have such ill feeling for the guy, and why you believe that any success we have had at the club since he has been here, is nothing to do with him. Please, I genuinely would like to know why you have such strong feelings, share them..

Anyone would think we were still floundering in League Two or fighting relegation.

We got promoted with 3 other teams, and last season did better than two of them so have progressed more than they have (both of which had relegation battles).

We scored more goals than the 2nd place teams and more than 3 of the 4 play off sides too.

We only finished 1 point outside of the playoffs and only missed out due to a goal in the last 5 minutes of Millwall's last game, so despite the disappointing finish were still close.

Brown isn't perfect by a long shot, but anyone who puts down all of his achievements as "luck" really isn't being objective.

The above is a set of directions for our "manager" to follow, in order to return to his beloved Sunderland.
I have been an active and vocal detractor of Mr Brown since the sad announcement of his appointment. This has included lengthy face to face, telephone and text conversations with the likes of our chairman, Adam Barrett and Mr Browns seafront landlord, to name but a few.
Everyone can see from my previous threads, that I consider any on pitch success this club has had since his arrival, to be very much in spite of him and light years from being because of him.
He is a self serving media wannabe, whose tired and jaded management "abilities", would be better suited to running a Northern working men's club that has karaoke and tanning studio facilities.
He is a joke, a charlatan and a very real threat to this clubs hoped for success.

You've lost it mate.

I've been watching them for nearly 30 years. Wasn't particularly thrilled when he was appointed, but he's taken us up and kept us up. That statistic alone places him among the better / best managers we've had in my time of watching. End of.

I like PB,

not quite as much as Dave Webb, Tilson or Dave Smith; but give it time. Right now we could not do better!

There is no evidence to say they disagreed also .

Then what is the relevance of mentioning them then? Have you got an answer? He said that he'd discussed PB with Ron Martin, AB and Brown's seafront landlord. So you reckon RM rubbished Brown in a conversation with him? You do post some crap sometimes.

This is not a serious a SZ thread. Just someone troll giving out sat nav details to someone he doesn't know (which he has just copied and pasted from an earlier post on an earlier thread).

Mods.... can we call it a day now and close this, its not going anywhere in terms of a serious debate. It's Just clogging up the site with more relative debates that matter to our club.

Then what is the relevance of mentioning them then? Have you got an answer? He said that he'd discussed PB with Ron Martin, AB and Brown's seafront landlord. So you reckon RM rubbished Brown in a conversation with him? You do post some crap sometimes.

I think 'Buffalo' is well aware that's not the case. That's not the context he posted that in.

In my view, the inference is clear from the original post that 'JimsDad' was intimating these people agreed with him, otherwise there's no relevance to them being mentioned.

When picked up on this, he then countered that PB's landlord said the "polar opposite" about PB, when quizzed about the use of his name in the original post.

Since then, he has been asked to explain if the Chairman and Adam Barrett also disagreed/agreed with his view. He hasn't replied to that post.

People have said that the original post doesn't say that Adam Barrett and the Chairman agreed with him. 'Buffalo' merely suggested that it didn't say they disagreed with him, either.

Bottom line is :-

1) If they agreed with his views 'JimsDad' is suggesting they hated PB as much as he clearly does. Something he would be picked up on to prove.

or

2) If they don't agree with him, like he has now admitted PB's landlord doesn't, then his post doesn't make sense, as it simply says 'I hate PB and here is a list of names of people I've spoken to about this who disagree with me and I haven't got a name of anybody who actually does agree with me!'

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

However, contrary to 'mattiuk' above, I think the thread should remain open, as there's been a number of questions raised by posters which it would be good to hear 'JimsDad's' response to.

Last edited:
Sorry Ozzer he said he had dicussions with RM,Barrett etc ,but he did not state whether they agreed with him or disagreed so why then bring them into his arguement,if they had stated way one or the other he should have put that in his thread ,not just bring their names up.

However, contrary to 'mattiuk' above, I think the thread should remain open, as there's been a number of questions raised by posters which it would be good to hear 'JimsDad's' response to.

Still waiting for a reply. Maybe there is no rational explanation for the hatred and JimsDad is not able to accurately convey this. Or perhaps, he has looked at it from a different angle as suggested in my post, and feels that as a football manager managing a lower level football team on a limited budget, Phil has achieved a reasonable level off success in his time here, and therefore, has actually done a good job. Leaving it impossible for JimsDad to articulate how this success is despite of Phil Brown, and in turn leaving JimsDad unable to support this theory with unquestionable facts or reasoned arguments based on how this is indeed the case.

Still waiting for a reply. Maybe there is no rational explanation for the hatred and JimsDad is not able to accurately convey this. Or perhaps, he has looked at it from a different angle as suggested in my post, and feels that as a football manager managing a lower level football team on a limited budget, Phil has achieved a reasonable level off success in his time here, and therefore, has actually done a good job. Leaving it impossible for JimsDad to articulate how this success is despite of Phil Brown, and in turn leaving JimsDad unable to support this theory with unquestionable facts or reasoned arguments based on how this is indeed the case.

If he replies, he won't be able to give a rational explanation that explains why he posted anything at all about the supposed conversations with RM, AB, and Phil's Landlord. This is classic misdirection; place two unrelated statements in the same sentence to make them appear connected. The second statement is probably not even remotely true (I hope not). All of this is simply to support some agenda with a little excrement stirring.

"Ken Dodd's dad's dogs' dead"....say that lots of times and then return to thread....just a thought to bring normality back into it all :winking:

Back