• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Disabled Toilets

Views on disabled loos

• I wouldn't ever use one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm disabled and think it's fine for non-disabled people to use them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pubey

For some unknown reason, my mate got the whole office debating whether or not it's appropriate for (non-disabled) people to used disabled toilets. Most people agreed that it's ok if there is no other option but me and my mate said that if convenient we wouldn't mind using it. The other week at sheffield train station i used the disabled cubicle to do a **** as the other two both had broken locks. i emerged to a very angry looking man in a wheelchair and instead of explaining, i just legged it out (and didn't even wash my hands!:eek: )

so how do the people of SZ feel... and are they any disabled people who have any strong views?

Reminds me of an episode of CYE.... are you Larry David in disguise? Are you a small, balding Jewish man?

For some unknown reason, my mate got the whole office debating whether or not it's appropriate for (non-disabled) people to used disabled toilets. Most people agreed that it's ok if there is no other option but me and my mate said that if convenient we wouldn't mind using it. The other week at sheffield train station i used the disabled cubicle to do a **** as the other two both had broken locks. i emerged to a very angry looking man in a wheelchair and instead of explaining, i just legged it out (and didn't even wash my hands!:eek: )

so how do the people of SZ feel... and are they any disabled people who have any strong views?

Men use disabled toilets for a reason other then to go toilet for 2 reasons

1. With a woman

2. Take drugs

well from my past experience ages and ages ago!

I think in circumstances like the one you found yourself it is perfectly acceptable to use a disabled toilet. When at Uni, I have an early morning lecture on a fri, which is well out of the way of everything, so after that lecture and coupled with thursday night out, I need to pay a visit, and the only toilet with a long walk is a disabled one, so I use it every week, dont see the problem with it

It reminded me of the bloke who parked his car in a diasbled bay at the local super market.

He was challenged by a secuity bloke who said "Oi you can't park there, you aren't disabled"

The bloke said "I am I've got Tourettes now f*ck off yo ****"

I always use the disabled toilet at work, it is better equipped than the non disabled loo's plus its bigger, not sure what the disabled community make of me using their bog, but at the end of the day in this age of equality surely I have just as much right to it as they have.
In addition to this I have no qualms about parking the car in their spaces either, has anyone else noticed they always get the plum spots just outside the Shop?

I quite often use the one at the SU bar, the SU bar is upstairs so not many disabled people go in there. I generally find it much better then the mens toilets, they are much bigger and usually cleaner too. And its about 5 yards closer then the mens.

I used the disabled toilet.. car space, wheel chairs if i can't be bothered to walk to the lift... and most importantly, use a badge to park my ****ing car wherever i want.

I always thought Disabled toilets meant they didn't work....:confused:

Dont really see the problem with using a disabled toilet if there isnt any others available. If you come out and there is a disabled person waiting then I guess thats just tough luck. After all its not their bladders that are disabled they can wait. There arent any signs that say you cant go in there if you arent disabled.

On the subject of disabled parking, this always gets me. At my gym there are all these able bodied people raging around the car park trying to find a space when there are like 10 disabled spaces by the entrance. How many disabled people are there even joined to a gym and they dont exactly all go at the same time do they?! then at Lakeside, the Debenhams car park has a whole floor of disabled spaces on ground level and its always almost completly empty!!!!!!

Dont really see the problem with using a disabled toilet if there isnt any others available. If you come out and there is a disabled person waiting then I guess thats just tough luck. After all its not their bladders that are disabled they can wait. There arent any signs that say you cant go in there if you arent disabled.

On the subject of disabled parking, this always gets me. At my gym there are all these able bodied people raging around the car park trying to find a space when there are like 10 disabled spaces by the entrance. How many disabled people are there even joined to a gym and they dont exactly all go at the same time do they?! then at Lakeside, the Debenhams car park has a whole floor of disabled spaces on ground level and its always almost completly empty!!!!!!

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

disabled bladders?

Perhaps you should ask someone with a bag... :hilarious:

Then I hope you never have a disability.

I was once on crutches and if it wasn't for disabled parking, I would have stayed at home.

Sad comment to make, Sam.

Then I hope you never have a disability.

I was once on crutches and if it wasn't for disabled parking, I would have stayed at home.

Sad comment to make, Sam.

Oh my god I wasnt saying that there should be NO disabled parking, I meant there seem to be far too many spaces!! sorry didnt mean to offend! Im not anti-disabled or anything!

a bit harsh!:eek:

Exactly how Nazi Germany started.:eek:

a bit harsh!:eek:

Didnt mean to sound harsh. I just think there are always far too many disabled parking bays in car parks etc. Dont get me wrong I think its perfectly fair for them to be nearer to shops etc because all journeys are a lot harder for them. Its just seems that there are far too many than what is needed thats all.

Didnt mean to sound harsh. I just think there are always far too many disabled parking bays in car parks etc. Dont get me wrong I think its perfectly fair for them to be nearer to shops etc because all journeys are a lot harder for them. Its just seems that there are far too many than what is needed thats all.

ok fair enough... and just to add that some disabled people who need a wheelchair also often have a catheter bag, and so their bladders are "disabled" as you so succinctly put it!:D

same goes with Parent & Child spaces.

Royals car park has loads of disabled spaces but comparitively few P&C spaces. I think that Southend Council are going mad as you see far more families in the High Street than disabled shoppers.

Would use a disabled loo if out with the kids and they were caught short. Otherwise I would use the Gents.

Back