• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Discontinued Chocolate bars that you miss

Hi all, apologies for the random subject but me and my fiancée have been talking about chocolate bars that we miss.

I remember having a chocolate bar that I really loved but some the life of me I can't remember what it was. It has been really bugging me! I was born in the 90's and don't remember the chocolate bar being around for very long. I remember buying it from Somerfield. It was a little longer than a Starburst packet and rectangular in shape. On the outside was chocolate and in the middle was either mint, bubblegum or orange. I don't remember there being other flavours but there probably was. All of the packaging was shiny and the bubblegum one was pink, mint was green and orange was orange of course.

I have asked so many people and they do not seem to remember this existing so I am beginning to think I have made it all up in my head! Any of the description ring any bells? I await your wisdom!

On to chocolate bars that I do miss: Fuse Dream (although I think it's available in some places) What other chocolate bars do you miss?

I'm thinking of a chocolate bar with a mint cream filling, where you snapped segments off.....the name Fry's Mint Cream seems to be ringing bells, but I thought it was in a blue wrapper and looking at theirs on t'web, it seems that's the ordinary one not the mint one.

I'm thinking of a chocolate bar with a mint cream filling, where you snapped segments off.....the name Fry's Mint Cream seems to be ringing bells, but I thought it was in a blue wrapper and looking at theirs on t'web, it seems that's the ordinary one not the mint one.

Fry's Chocolate Cream comes in the blue wrapper and has fondant inside. I'm not sure whether the fondant is mint flavoured of the chocolate but the wiki seems to suggest it's the chocolate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry's_Chocolate_Cream

Yep loved Nutty bars made by Rowntree I think. Funny enough it didn't contain any chocolate just fudge,caramel & peanuts.
Also liked Texan bars.

Was gonna say the same thing, Texan bars. They revived them about 10 years ago for a limited time. I have to buy a double decker, eat the crispy bottom off then eat the top, that's the nearest I get to a Texan bar nowerdays

Chocolate Sandwich - two layers of milk choc' with a plain choc' middle. Rather like a...er...sandwich.

Last edited:
All you lot diabetes free I assume. Scumbags one and all, I wish you all blocked arteries.

God I miss chocolate.

Here's the Walnut Whip....now we know what happened tp the walnut inside!

"Originally manufactured by Duncan's of Edinburgh in their Beaverhall Road factory, there have been a number of flavours of Walnut Whip over the years, including coffee and maple flavours, but currently only vanilla is widely available.
The original Walnut Whip contained a half-walnut, or more usually walnuts that had been broken during handling and transportation and therefore not suitable to be placed on the top. It was later marketed with an extra walnut on top, and subsequently the walnut inside was removed to leave one walnut outside.
The chocolate cone itself and the vanilla fondant filling have altered in recent years. The original whips were hand made by ladies extruding chocolate from a piping bag onto a rubber mould, each containing 12 'formers'. This generated the original deeply ridged surface, and the fondant at that time was more dense. The texture of the outside surface is a skeuomorph.
When the Duncan's brand name was dispensed with by Rowntree's and manufacturing moved from Beaverhall Road in the late 1970s, the manufacturing process changed from being hand made to being hollow moulded by machine. An attempt was made to recreate the original surface appearance but with limited success, and it now has no function other than decoration.
"

OK not discontinued but the loss of the interior walnut is to be lamented.

Kay they still do two of the Fry's chocolate creams. The blue wrapper is mint and the green wrapper ismpeppermint (which I love).

The one chocolate I miss is the Fry's multi cream - I recall one segment being Strawberry, one being Lemon, one being. Hurry and two others that I cannot recall but I think one may have been coffee

Kay they still do two of the Fry's chocolate creams. The blue wrapper is mint and the green wrapper ismpeppermint (which I love).

The one chocolate I miss is the Fry's multi cream - I recall one segment being Strawberry, one being Lemon, one being. Hurry and two others that I cannot recall but I think one may have been coffee

frys5centre.jpg

One of my other favourites was Flyte bars - they were inbetween a Milkway and Mars bar and were lighter.

I loved the old style Aero which was like a much bubbler version of a Wispa. The modern Aero's are not a patch on the old ones.

Texan. You had to have good teeth for them bad boys!
Don't think i'd attempt one now.

Back