• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A very good friend of mine lost her brother in the fire at Bradford. He went to the toilets to find his big sister and never got out.

I'll just throw that out there for those of you who think that hurling smoke bombs around football grounds are fine coz they are pretty and stuff.

You really don't have a clue, do you? Honestly, I despair.

OK let's allow smoke bombs. Flares, Grenades. Semtex. AK47's. Naplam. Idiots.

Why don't you just sod off to somewhere you can enjoy mindless violence - Siberia, for example?

Calm down dear, you'll live longer. If you think lobbing a blue smoke grenade is the end of the world then I would suggest it's you who hasn't a clue.

I'll sod off when I want to if you don't mind, maybe not Siberia though, lots of mozzies in the summer and too cold in the winter.

A very good friend of mine lost her brother in the fire at Bradford. He went to the toilets to find his big sister and never got out.

I'll just throw that out there for those of you who think that hurling smoke bombs around football grounds are fine coz they are pretty and stuff.

While I'm genuinely sorry for your friends lose, it wasn't a smoke bomb/grenade that caused the fire at Bradford. More lightly a cigarette or even, as seems to being suggested, possible arson. I think the word hurling might be a tad over the top, although I wasn't there to see it.

Given the repercussions, where the incident took place and the tensions around that part of the ground, I would say it was ill advised at best.

Lol it's a smoke bomb?! Have you not seen the dutch/polish/German and other European fans at their games?! They have flares and everything yet I never hear of any deaths or injuries so I think it's a bit of an over reaction.

Also, they weren't released to in disrespect to the 56, I don't have a clue where you got that idea from.

Smoke bomb to one side, the sheer disrespect of jeering through a minutes silence is disgusting IRRESPECTIVE of occasion.

This is the first time I've witnessed such contempt of an incident which claimed many lives and utterly embarrassed to have witnessed it at my own club.....How very sad.

If 50,000 Manchester United and Liverpool fans can put bitter rivalry aside and respect one another during the Hillsborough minutes silence, I cant for the life of me see why our own fans can't keep their mouths shut and show some decorum in a game against insignificant opposition.

Given the repercussions, where the incident took place and the tensions around that part of the ground, I would say it was ill advised at best.

Yes, I would agree that it wasn't the brightest thing to do but it sounds like there is a total over reaction to it, as per usual.

Remember a flair being shot off at the Cambridge in 89 from the North Bank, now that was dangerous

It's quite simple to summarise really, some of the **** escaped for the day from the toilet that is Luton. Come Monday they will all be happily swimming around in the cess pit again. I live about 10 mins away and only go there if I need to catch a plane !!!

Just reading that brought a tear to my eye

From where we were sitting you could clearly hear some of the Luton supporters who were still outside singing, a Southend supporter told them to shut up (explicitly) and this caused a reaction from the other Luton supporters. Then both the Southend and Luton supporters were saying sssh whereby it then all quiet down.

From where we were sitting you could clearly hear some of the Luton supporters who were still outside singing, a Southend supporter told them to shut up (explicitly) and this caused a reaction from the other Luton supporters. Then both the Southend and Luton supporters were saying sssh whereby it then all quiet down.

Bang on, Tinks.

I was in W and it was 100% not from W. The noise seemed to come from behind the NW corner behind the North Bank which seemed to indicate that it was originating from behind the stand.... Bit weird really.

I can assure you that all those around me were totally disgusted, many of us remember those horrific images from Bradford 30 years ago only too well.

Bang on, Tinks.

I was in W and it was 100% not from W. The noise seemed to come from behind the NW corner behind the North Bank which seemed to indicate that it was originating from behind the stand.... Bit weird really.

I can assure you that all those around me were totally disgusted, many of us remember those horrific images from Bradford 30 years ago only too well.

I was in a box today and the first breaking of the silence was from a Southend fan singing about Southend United. That was an embarrassment. I have no idea what block it came from but it was West side.

The irony was that the Luton fans were making more noise about it than the original Southend fan.

However, that was extremely disappointing. I've never heard a minutes silence broken like that at the Hall. Shameful.

I was in a box today and the first breaking of the silence was from a Southend fan singing about Southend United. That was an embarrassment. I have no idea what block it came from but it was West side.

The irony was that the Luton fans were making more noise about it than the original Southend fan.

However, that was extremely disappointing. I've never heard a minutes silence broken like that at the Hall. Shameful.

You probably couldn't hear the singing from the Luton fans as they were walking up the back slope of the North Bank they were already in the ground. That's what prompted the Southend fan to shout at the Luton fans. I don't think he shouted anything to do with Southend though.

Back