• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

superblue24

Director
Not that I wish to moan on a day of positives, but who were the idiots who spoiled the silence before kick off!?!? I hope it was none of our lot, although it sounded like it was eminating from somewhere around W!!! Wouldn't have cost anything to show a bit of respect and those who were making the noise should be ashamed of themselves.....took the gloss off a memorable day!

the blue smoke bomb let off on the pitch was sadly none other than an idiot of a blues "fan".

Well done, makes us look really good!

Not that I wish to moan on a day of positives, but who were the idiots who spoiled the silence before kick off!?!? I hope it was none of our lot, although it sounded like it was eminating from somewhere around W!!! Wouldn't have cost anything to show a bit of respect and those who were making the noise should be ashamed of themselves.....took the gloss off a memorable day!

the blue smoke bomb let off on the pitch was sadly none other than an idiot of a blues "fan".

After all the discussion/rants that happened on here last time, the smoke bomb was very disappointing. Some just don't learn.

Agreed but it was heartening that the crowd showed their displeasure at both incidents. They soon shut up the idiot who broke the minutes silence.

I'm gonna be honest the bomb looked great...

Sorry, I think that's a daft thing to say. They are not allowed, and for good reason. Yet again, mindless idiocy is probably going to land the club with a fine they can ill afford.

Sorry, I think that's a daft thing to say. They are not allowed, and for good reason. Yet again, mindless idiocy is probably going to land the club with a fine they can ill afford.

Especially when you consider what the minutes silence was for... an inferno at a football ground that is of a similar age and construction to ours. 56 people died that day, so using a smoke bomb which are banned for good reason was not only stupid because of the FA watching us after the Portsmouth incident, but also because it was highly insensitive and disrespectful to the people who were involved on that tragic day 30 years ago. There but for the grace of God, it would only take a spark and it could happen again.

I am no prude, but I am sorry, on day that we remember people that died at a football match, due to fire, to then let off a bomb or whatever it is, shocking and disgusting. So little respect !

Another bitch fest about a poxy blue smoke bomb. Can't you lot just be happy that we have gone third and could actually go up next Saturday.

Another bitch fest about a poxy blue smoke bomb. Can't you lot just be happy that we have gone third and could actually go up next Saturday.

On the thread about football, I have congratulated the players and the team and the superb result. Yet on this thread I wont "bitch" about the use of a smoke, I will highlight the huge lack of respect again to the many people that lost their lives, in a fire related incident, at a football match , that were remembered today !

Another bitch fest about a bitch fest about a poxy blue smoke bomb. Can't you just be happy that we have gone third and could actually go up next Saturday.

Perhaps I'm just a evil mindless terrorist but I thought it looked good too, they add to the atmosphere and if used properly do no harm at all. It shouldn't have been thrown on the pitch of course, but the knee-jerk response to it (as is typical in this country, see the safe standing debate) and failed prohibition do more harm than good imo.

In fact while everyone in the stand was enjoying it I distinctly remember someone shouting out 'ShrimperMoan will love this!'

You really don't have a clue, do you? Honestly, I despair.

OK let's allow smoke bombs. Flares, Grenades. Semtex. AK47's. Naplam. Idiots.

Why don't you just sod off to somewhere you can enjoy mindless violence - Siberia, for example?

You really don't have a clue, do you? Honestly, I despair.

OK let's allow smoke bombs. Flares, Grenades. Semtex. AK47's. Naplam. Idiots.

Why don't you just sod off to somewhere you can enjoy mindless violence - Siberia, for example?

In fact let's just ban football, too many people get hurt! I stubbed my toe on one of the seats too, let's ban them! In fact let's while we're there ban beer, far too dangerous!

In fact let's just ban football, too many people get hurt! I stubbed my toe on one of the seats too, let's ban them! In fact let's while we're there ban beer, far too dangerous!

If we keep letting off smoke bombs the authorities could end up banning supporters for a while, doesn't matter if you think it is cool to do it, it is illegal.

"In fact let's while we're there ban beer, far too dangerous!"

Most A&E incidents are alcohol related so yes, you have a point.

If we keep letting off smoke bombs the authorities could end up banning supporters for a while, doesn't matter if you think it is cool to do it, it is illegal.

It is, I'm more making the point that it shouldn't be illegal rather than they shouldn't do it.

But then standing up is illegal too, they have every right to ban the whole block if they wanted to.

Back