• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"DISGRACEFUL!!!" Macca speaks out

Footballs have to make the money fast, as Macca wont make much tar-maccaing driveways in 10 years time, so im with him on this, i feel so let down SUFC are associated with such dealings, Ron Martin you really have ****ed us.

Footballs have to make the money fast, as Macca wont make much tar-maccaing driveways in 10 years time, so im with him on this, i feel so let down SUFC are associated with such dealings, Ron Martin you really have ****ed us.

He still has his property empire in various parts of the UK

The way he was treated may have been disgraceful but so was the way he performed for the last two years.

Not sure why there is so much Macca resentment.

He was by and large a good signing. He is a maverick charecter and with that you get these type of things. His Tenerife holiday if true is poor but then you could argue his treatment by the club re wages was poor too.

Personally rather than slate the bloke I am going to look on him as a good and passionate player, who for the vast majority of his time gave his all for the club. He breathed fresh life into a dying side in the championship and he formed a great partnership with Bailey when we were first relegated. Dont forget Macca also signed a new deal in League One when others around him bailed as soon as we were down.

I for one wish him the best - I think it was best for both parties he moved on but I truely wish him well and thank him.

Not sure why there is so much Macca resentment.

He was by and large a good signing. He is a maverick charecter and with that you get these type of things. His Tenerife holiday if true is poor but then you could argue his treatment by the club re wages was poor too.

Personally rather than slate the bloke I am going to look on him as a good and passionate player, who for the vast majority of his time gave his all for the club. He breathed fresh life into a dying side in the championship and he formed a great partnership with Bailey when we were first relegated. Dont forget Macca also signed a new deal in League One when others around him bailed as soon as we were down.

I for one wish him the best - I think it was best for both parties he moved on but I truely wish him well and thank him.

Bailey was not with us during any relegation?
I think you mean the year back in league one, where we lost 5-1 away at donny in the play-offs.
Agree, a good partner with Bailey. Although i think Bailey could have made me look good next to him.

How about that winner at preston in the championship !!

I wouldn't say disgraceful, I would say frustrating/poor.

That's debatable but I can give you another instance that was disgraceful behaviour on his part.

The Gillingham away game where he's standing in the dugout with a moon boot on, he didn't look to be struggling too much when I saw him in Mayhem just a few hours after that game, minus the moon boot and acting like a right ****

Whilst many will have a view on Macca, good, bad, too much aggression, too much time in the pub/mayhem, the holiday, regardless of the level of his wages, RM agreed the contract and he should be paid, like the rest of the team.

I think the sad fact is that he and the rest of the team have been treated so badly by their employer - RM could have explained the situation to them early, stated they may get paid late, asked them to support the club through this difficult period and that if anyone wanted to leave he would understand; this would have created a more unified team spirit, IMO.

Instead they got spin and fiction and this destroyed the morale and any support they would have had, hence why we have seen so many leave and sadly more to come. I can't condone all of macca's behavior but RM has let him, the club, the town and us fans down.

I will still be there next season as you can't simply stop, can you?

Mog

Last edited:
Is Roach Ford actually Ron or someone connected with Ron? I am saying this because his consistent anti-Tilson/pro-Ron stance sticks out like a sore thumb.

Macca was in the cafe on my works trading estate yesterday.
Childerditch, Near Brentwood. Turns out his Mrs (current) dad runs the cafe.

Shame i didnt see him, ****

Is Roach Ford actually Ron or someone connected with Ron? I am saying this because his consistent anti-Tilson/pro-Ron stance sticks out like a sore thumb.

I was hoping it would be someone from the late 80s Soul/Rock crossover act of a similar name.

Mate of mine knows his house mate and apparently even before he was having problems with late wages and not being paid etc... He was ****ing his money up the wall week in week out and forever borrowing money off his house mate.

Last edited:
Back