• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"DISGRACEFUL!!!" Macca speaks out

Dont blame him for going.
If he wernt blowing it all down mayhem he would have money :)

Last edited:
All I'll say is that people should think very, very carefully about what they write on here. Macca has a cast iron case for libel in at least one of the made up tales about him on this thread. The posters themselves, of course, don't care as it won't be them that are sued, but still ...

All I'll say is that people should think very, very carefully about what they write on here. Macca has a cast iron case for libel in at least one of the made up tales about him on this thread. The posters themselves, of course, don't care as it won't be them that are sued, but still ...

I edited my post a bit for your reasons :)

if macca can employ a lawyer, then he earned too much

Though he's a number which we need.

very true but i have thought for some time his attitude is not good for the team. the best word to describe him is 'git'. always blaming everyone else for his mistakes. fair play he didnt get paid but as others have said how many other pro footballers are getting smashed week in week out in town. if this rumour about him going away is true then i'm glad he's leaving.

Although he's (or the other players) on £90k a year he may well have mortgage repayments that reflect this. Hence he probably can't afford to go a few months without being paid, yes he's probably got savings but at the end of the day £90k a year isn't Chelsea wages is it?

Therefore maybe people should stop blaming the players for going the route they have and questioning why they can moan 'when they are earning £2k a week'.

Although he's (or the other players) on £90k a year he may well have mortgage repayments that reflect this. Hence he probably can't afford to go a few months without being paid, yes he's probably got savings but at the end of the day £90k a year isn't Chelsea wages is it?

Therefore maybe people should stop blaming the players for going the route they have and questioning why they can moan 'when they are earning £2k a week'.

although what your saying is right and i know they have job and you should get paid for it. but i don't think some of them know how lucky they are. some people have to work 50 hour weeks or two jobs to scrap by. sorry if i don't get my violin out because macca doesn't get his 2k a week to spend of booze and holidays.

absolutely right.

although what your saying is right and i know they have job and you should get paid for it. but i don't think some of them know how lucky they are. some people have to work 50 hour weeks or two jobs to scrap by. sorry if i don't get my violin out because macca doesn't get his 2k a week to spend of booze and holidays.

I'm not saying you should get your violin out, what I'm saying is although he earns £2k a week he may have thought 'well now I can afford a nice pad' and therefore when he doesn't get paid he still has to cover his mortage on his home.

i know they have commitments, rights to be paid, etc
but anyone who moans about being on 90k a year can kiss my ***!

That said, although the rumours suggest he's alledgedly made some sketchy decisions, and he hasnt been at his best on the pitch, its another member of what was once a decent team on his way out for, all the wrong reasons.

All the best macca i'll miss you scything down opponents, and showing a bit of grit when we needed it.

Last edited:
It doesnt matter what he earns - its all relative really as pointed out, we all live within our means. If you get a job with a £20k increase in salary, you'd look for a nicer place, buy nicer things etc.

For those moaning on here how much Macca earns, perhaps there are people you know who think you 'live the high life' as they struggle.

At the end of the day, ignoring the figures, he wasnt getting paid - and I defy ANYONE on here to condone that.

That's well and good but Macca hasn't been the only player affected. Young guys like Moussa, Herd, Scannell, O'Keefe etc who will be on a pittance in comparison to senior players, and these players will have bills to meet. It's the overall picture that should be seen not one of an individual player. IMO Macca seems to be getting unnecessary stick for putting his head above the parapet, and also there seems to be a lot of personal antipathy towards him.

I'm not saying you should get your violin out, what I'm saying is although he earns £2k a week he may have thought 'well now I can afford a nice pad' and therefore when he doesn't get paid he still has to cover his mortage on his home.

yeah as I said i agree with what your originally said, you do a job you get paid for it. but my point was some/most footballers have no idea about the real world and should count their lucky stars that they earn what they do even at league 2 level. Macca is forunate he doesn't have any kids of wife etc like other players. I think my main point is i really don't feel sorry for him because he' always boozing and as said going on holiday when he shouldn't be.

He wasn't moaning about getting paid £90k, he was moaning about not getting paid at all!

I know I know! and rightly so, was just the concept of anyone whingeing about being on that money for kicking a football around that annoyed me.

I still maintain though that a lot of people despite being on a lot less money manage to set whatever money they can aside just in case. This just makes sense to me.

And peoples concepts of not having any money are too different. i'e I havent been paid so i can only afford a couple of weeks in tenerife, as opposed to i havent been paid so my house is being repossessed.

Last edited:
Back