• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"DISGRACEFUL!!!" Macca speaks out

palexander

Life President
Mates just got todays Echo and Macca interview is in...

Basic gist...

* "Way we've been treated in the last 6 months is disgraceful"

* "No communication about wages"

* "Cannot afford to NOT get paid for months" (note, not "late!")

* "Served the club with 14 days notice for persistent breach of contract"

* Doesnt want to come out and slag the club off! LOL

Oh, and just to clarify, the 'Disgraceful' in the title is not my opinion - its what is quoted in large letters on the back of the Echo :)

Last edited:
Loved the part that said he didn't get paid thousands - try £2,000 a week or £8,000 a month or £96,000 a year. How many on here earn that sort of money, or would give their right arm to do so? I'm sorry but that is just laughable to come out and say he isn't well off. It's unfortunate that his wages were sometimes late but the contracts are backed up by the PFA and earning that sort of money you would be surprised if he didn't have some sort of savings in the bank.

I'll tell you what the real disgrace was, that was his week off on holiday in Tenerife in the middle of our relegation battle whilst the rest of the team were told by Tilson he was back in Dublin because of a family crisis! That really helped team spirit.

Loved the part that said he didn't get paid thousands - try £2,000 a week or £8,000 a month or £96,000 a year. How many on here earn that sort of money, or would give their right arm to do so? I'm sorry but that is just laughable to come out and say he isn't well off. It's unfortunate that his wages were sometimes late but the contracts are backed up by the PFA and earning that sort of money you would be surprised if he didn't have some sort of savings in the bank.

I'll tell you what the real disgrace was, that was his week off on holiday in Tenerife in the middle of our relegation battle whilst the rest of the team were told by Tilson he was back in Dublin because of a family crisis! That really helped team spirit.

That true?

I have to agree, that was disgraceful.

As much as I hate Martin and what he has done to our club you are spot on. If the tosser can afford a holiday when everyone else is battling away to save us from the drop I hope he doesn't get paid.

Also very very poor management from Tilson if true

Heard this as well. Tilson said it was a family crisis because he's scared of Macca, isn't he?

I'm not bitter, just realistic. What kind of a club would employ a footballer who can't shoot, can't pass, and by other posts above, frightens his own manager?

Last edited:
Eugh! Thats disgusting if true - as I said, I didnt really like him before and not sad he's gone as a player - but with that bit of info in mind, yea, he can go rot in the conference!

Very poor show from Tilson too... really angry to be honest. What sort of response can he respect from his players if he allows that? What is it? A boys club? Christ...

Still, bet he doesnt give 2 ****s considering what is going on and just let him go.

Heard this as well. Tilson said it was a family crisis because he's scared of Macca, isn't he?

Ah, but look at it abjectly, you actually only heard this from one source, our new friend RoachFord who was coming out with similar "snippets" the other day. Maybe they happen to be somebody wish a desire to have this board see their own agenda...;)

More or less. Ask yourself why he was always recalled to the starting line-up after being injured or banned when he was obviously woeful on occasions or why he has never been fined for the numerous yellow cards he picks up for dissent.

What is all this about Macca 'frightening' Tilson? The first I have ever heard of this. So many rumours.

Macca booked a holiday to Tenerife last year, during the relegation period. He told Tilson he was off to Tenerife but he told Tilson to tell the players he had a family crisis to deal with, so Tilson told the players he had a family crisis to deal with in Dublin, because he didn't want to upset Macca and tell the rest of the team the truth.

It all came out in the end, though.

It doesn't matter if he's on 2k a week or 200 a week it's the principal, he has a contract of employment with a company who persistently breaches the terms of that contract. What is the employee meant to do, sit idly by and not get paid, while bills are mounting up? Why should he have to fall back on his savings because his employer does not have the wherewithal to pay him, or for that matter other employees probably on lower salaries than he.

I don't know about the Tenerife jaunt if that's true then it's a poor show, but equally is the abysmal behaviour of the club in not paying it's staff in due time.

Ah, but look at it abjectly, you actually only heard this from one source, our new friend RoachFord who was coming out with similar "snippets" the other day. Maybe they happen to be somebody wish a desire to have this board see their own agenda...;)
Got access to my PM's, have you?

Eugh! Thats disgusting if true - as I said, I didnt really like him before and not sad he's gone as a player - but with that bit of info in mind, yea, he can go rot in the conference!

Very poor show from Tilson too... really angry to be honest. What sort of response can he respect from his players if he allows that? What is it? A boys club? Christ...

Still, bet he doesnt give 2 ****s considering what is going on and just let him go.

I wouldn't bank on that being true. You don't believe everything you read in the Sun. So don't believe everything you read on here.

It doesn't matter if he's on 2k a week or 200 a week it's the principal, he has a contract of employment with a company who persistently breaches the terms of that contract. What is the employee meant to do, sit idly by and not get paid, while bills are mounting up? Why should he have to fall back on his savings because his employer does not have the wherewithal to pay him, or for that matter other employees probably on lower salaries than he.

I don't know about the Tenerife jaunt if that's true then it's a poor show, but equally is the abysmal behaviour of the club in not paying it's staff in due time.

You are right, he should have been paid on time without fail, but using the line "We get paid good money but its not thousands and thousands" is laughable when in reality his basic salary for a year for an average League One player is three or four times that or average joe for 7 and a half hours work a week!

Back