• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Disgusting....?

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
Ok, just went to our reception to meet someone who had an enquiry. When I got downstairs to meet her, I couldnt help but notice just before offering a handshake that she was in fact sat there breast feeding a baby.

I found this pretty disgusting, and also slightly awkard as we had to go to another room for a chat and therefore she had to 'adjust herself' before getting up.

I can understand its all part of nurturing the young, but am I wrong in thinking this was rank, and also pretty insensitive given there were other clients about?

We had a meal a while back and one of our guests (who we'd kindly said could bring their baby round and store it in a cupboard upstairs as they couldn't find a babysitter) started breast feeding at the dinner table. Yes, the dinner table where there was still food being eaten. I didn't quite know what to say! They haven't been invited since....

Yes i think you are wrong , children don't work on schedules and need to be fed . Your an adult as is everyone else around you . Unless you have an allergy to lactating mamories (which dosnt exist as far as i know ;) ) deal with it.

Yes i think you are wrong , children don't work on schedules and need to be fed . Your an adult as is everyone else around you . Unless you have an allergy to lactating mamories (which dosnt exist as far as i know ;) ) deal with it.

My bladder and bowels don't work to any recognised schedule, but I generally don't whip the old chap out and pee in the salad bowl when I need to go...

I dont have kids and so really dont know the ins and outs of it....but are there not alternatives, otherwise there would be breast feeding going on all the time and Ive not come across it before....

I dont have kids and so really dont know the ins and outs of it....but are there not alternatives, otherwise there would be breast feeding going on all the time and Ive not come across it before....

You have never come across t!ts before .....hmm I find that hard to Believe Mark.

Don't think it's disgusting. In fact, there's probably little more natural than a mother feeding her baby.

I would be more concerned with how appropriate the setting was. Could she not have done it in the car before coming in to see you? Perhaps taken her into a toilet cubicle..?

We have several friends that we met through NCT classes that insisted on breast feeding their offspring when round our house. Took me a while to stop staring and I did find it a little uncomfortable. Not disgusting though.

Incredible, I really thought that Shrimperzone had a new enlightened fan base.

Get this - breat feeding is completely natural. Our hang-ups about it are just that - hang ups. This constant harrasement of women breast feeding in public is a disgrace and the sooner we grow up as a nation and stop making such a song and dance about it the better!

BFing.gif

You have never come across t!ts before .....hmm I find that hard to Believe Mark.

Haha....obviously Im not saying breasts per se are disgusting, that would be madness! ;)

Maybe if the women in question had been fitter Id not have been so disgusted!!

Don't think it's disgusting. In fact, there's probably little more natural than a mother feeding her baby.

I would be more concerned with how appropriate the setting was. Could she not have done it in the car before coming in to see you? Perhaps taken her into a toilet cubicle..?

We have several friends that we met through NCT classes that insisted on breast feeding their offspring when round our house. Took me a while to stop staring and I did find it a little uncomfortable. Not disgusting though.

Yeah that's what I thought....it was pretty arrogant of her to not have a concern that others might find it disgusting, as they did. If it is known to be something that some find disgusting then surely you should try to refrain. Taking a dump is natural, but I wouldnt go into someone's work place and do it as I am aware some people can be offended by such actions. (If everyone did it though, then this particular taboo could be broken......)

She was only here all of ten minutes so could have done it before or used our toilet facilities on the ground floor. Im not saying Im right in finding it disgusting, thats just my personal feeling but wondered what others thought. I dont have kids of my own, or young cousins etc, maybe my view will change when I do.....

Get this - breat feeding is completely natural. Our hang-ups about it are just that - hang ups. This constant harrasement of women breast feeding in public is a disgrace and the sooner we grow up as a nation and stop making such a song and dance about it the better!

BFing.gif

Blimey, is there constant harrassment of women?! I really do live a sheltered and insular existance!

BFing.gif
So you're saying breastfeeding is perfectly acceptable at the dinner table? You really don't think it might have been better to go and do it in another room? I have no problem with public breastfeeding but there is such a thing as courtesy. I can't schedule my Tommy Tank needs but I don't unleash the old boy and start the five knuckle shuffle while everyone is still polishing off their banana splits!

I'm sure the other clients would have been much happier sitting there listening to a child screaming.

My wife breast feeds and I don't see any problem in breast feeding children in public places.

If you aren't adult enough to deal with it then don't look.

Ok, just went to our reception to meet someone who had an enquiry. When I got downstairs to meet her, I couldnt help but notice just before offering a handshake that she was in fact sat there breast feeding a baby.

I found this pretty disgusting, and also slightly awkard as we had to go to another room for a chat and therefore she had to 'adjust herself' before getting up.

I can understand its all part of nurturing the young, but am I wrong in thinking this was rank, and also pretty insensitive given there were other clients about?
you're right....i think its very wrong to do it in public, i dont see women around town gettin their t!ts out randomly so in my opinion u shouldnt do it to feed a baby. fair enough that a baby has to eat and all that...but what about the rest of us who dont actually wanna see this kind of behaviour in public?
im not an expert on the subject but cant you get those pump things to get the milk and then bottle feed the baby if in public?

I'm sure the other clients would have been much happier sitting there listening to a child screaming.

My wife breast feeds and I don't see any problem in breast feeding children in public places.

If you aren't adult enough to deal with it then don't look.

I didnt look but neither was I expecting to go down to see someone who had asked to see me to be breast feeding.

Anyway, as I said initially I can see how people would argue its natural...but again it does strike me there were alternatives.

I can't believe that people are likening breastfeeding to having a w**k or taking a dump !

The child needed feeding, they need feeding a damn site more regularly than you or I.

Breastfeeding is the best option for the child and the mother cannot switch easily from breast to bottle (and vice versa), I am sure you would have been far more disgusted had she started visibly "leaking" during your meeting

I can't believe that people are likening breastfeeding to having a w**k or taking a dump !

The child needed feeding, they need feeding a damn site more regularly than you or I.

Breastfeeding is the best option for the child and the mother cannot switch easily from breast to bottle (and vice versa), I am sure you would have been far more disgusted had she started visibly "leaking" during your meeting
I can't believe you think it's acceptable to breastfeed while you're in the middle of a dinner party! Yes the baby needs feeding but you don't have to do it in front of everyone else, you could easily go to another room. I'm sorry but it's just courtesy.

Back