• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

seany t

President
I have. I bloody loved it. Without giving anything away story wise for the uninitiated, discuss it in here.

The trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6PDlMggROA - really didn't tell you ANYTHING about what the central storyline of the film would be, merely the background setup, so after the first 15 minutes I sat there thinking "Well bring it on, I have no idea whats going to come next".

I don't normally go ape**** for effects, but they were truly breathtaking. The work they started on the Halo film obviously paid off, and some of that alien weaponry was brilliant. I never really stopped believing at any point that the aliens were real and on that planet.

The central character was great, and sporadically very funny. The relationship he had with Christopher was so well done too, and reminded me of those 80's 'buddy' male flicks.

The build up to the action was immense, and when it came... Wow.

Thought it was innovative, visually stunning, surprising and above all different to every other sci-fi film I've ever seen.

Sure, it wasn't perfect. The ending was a bit heavy handed, I still don't know how the two races communicated and the Nigerian witch doctor subplot was handled with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, but I can overlook those quite merrily.

Best action film I've seen at the cinema this year. And possibly longer than that.

GO SEE IT!

I'm in agreement, in that I love the idea that I don't know very much about the plot or anything, the trailer whets your appetite but doesn't condense the whole story into 2minutes.

Seeing it on friday and can't wait!

I'm in agreement, in that I love the idea that I don't know very much about the plot or anything, the trailer whets your appetite but doesn't condense the whole story into 2minutes.

Seeing it on friday and can't wait!

I thought it was great. It is a film of two halves and a few of my mates were a bit disappointed that the second half went more gung-ho, but I couldn't care a less.

Not when you have weapons firing pulse laser beams that make heads explode...

Can't wait to see it - have to do the dutiful boyfriend bit this week and then next week it's District 9 time :)

went to see it last night, great film. I was in the boat of being confused how they were communicating with the aliens, but if u think about it, they were there for 20years and talking their own language so in that time they will have translated and learnt the language.

went to see it last night, great film. I was in the boat of being confused how they were communicating with the aliens, but if u think about it, they were there for 20years and talking their own language so in that time they will have translated and learnt the language.

Yeah my girlfriend (who hated the first half, loved the second fact fans) pointed that out. I can overlook all those minor quibbles really.

I mean, it had weapons in it firing pulse laser beams that made heads explode...

Saw it whilst I was in the states... Amazing film. Talks are already ongoing about a Sequel.

I like the trailer, a bit of mystery. I will go and see it when I get time. As it is based in South Africa, it reminds me very much of the old apartheid days of segregating a different race.

I like the trailer, a bit of mystery. I will go and see it when I get time. As it is based in South Africa, it reminds me very much of the old apartheid days of segregating a different race.

Yeah it's very thinly disguised that this is the crux of the storyline. And that certain 'freedom fighters' could be seen to be taking the stand of various other political leaders.

But it's never too in-yer-face.

Yeah it's very thinly disguised that this is the crux of the storyline. And that certain 'freedom fighters' could be seen to be taking the stand of various other political leaders.

But it's never too in-yer-face.

Does their leader put tyres over peoples heads and set fire to them, get imprisoned for years then get released and everyone claims he is a major hero, when he is in fact a mass murderer?

Does their leader put tyres over peoples heads and set fire to them, get imprisoned for years then get released and everyone claims he is a major hero, when he is in fact a mass murderer?

No, but the aliens do like the taste of rubber.

And a pig gets hurled through the air killing various people via the use of a gravity beam. I think that might have been a metaphor...?

Back