• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Div 3 team of the year

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
As announced on SKY

Unsurprisingly no Blues players included - however there are 2 from Sc**thorpe.  how does that work then?

rock.gif
??

Stanton and Beagrie were the players concerned.  Sorry, but IMHO if any team has 2 players (thats nearly a fifth) of "apparently" the best team the league collectively can muster, surely that team might make a better showing than 5th from bottom?

The votes are cast in December, which does explain a lot. After all, in December, would you honestly have expected any of our players to have been selected?

Whereas Peter Beagrie & co. had just knocked Sheff. Wed. out of the FA Cup, which got a far bit of media interest at the time. So I can't really say I'm surprised.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,00:37)]The votes are cast in December, which does explain a lot.  After all, in December, would you honestly have expected any of our players to have been selected?

Whereas Peter Beagrie & co. had just knocked Sheff. Wed. out of the FA Cup, which got a far bit of media interest at the time.  So I can't really say I'm surprised.
Ah, didn't know that.

And actually even if the votes were cast last week I wouldn't have expected any Blues players in there.

I was just surprised that there were 2 Scunny players included bearing in mind their position. But then they were much higher up back then, which explains it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,00:37)]Whereas Peter Beagrie & co. had just knocked Sheff. Wed. out of the FA Cup, which got a far bit of media interest at the time.  So I can't really say I'm surprised.
I'm not sure the media interest would make a lot of difference. IIRC the team of the year is voted for by the players themselves rather than by the fans. The players base it on who has impressed them the most. What that basically boils down to is who has caused them the most trouble on the field.:p

I think the Division 3 team of the year should be the entire Carlisle United squad!

Love em' or hate em' they have performed a major miracle!

To have 5 points in December and be off the bottom of the league in April is astonishing!

Well done Carlisle, you deserve to stay up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,00:37)]The votes are cast in December, which does explain a lot.
What an awful system. I know footballers may not be the sharpest tools in the box but surely they could make their minds up in less than six months.

Even in December Constantine was knocking in a few though. I'd be a bit peeved in his boots

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 26 2004,09:19)]The only players I would have expected might have got in there would have been Gower and Connie.
What about Darryl? He's the best 'keeper in the division.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,00:37)]The votes are cast in December, which does explain a lot.  After all, in December, would you honestly have expected any of our players to have been selected?

Whereas Peter Beagrie & co. had just knocked Sheff. Wed. out of the FA Cup, which got a far bit of media interest at the time.  So I can't really say I'm surprised.
According to Sky the players were given forms in late February. December is barely half way into the season so would be surprised if that was the case.

Back