• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
I read earlier that most the current squad ( apart from Phillips ) are contracted for next season.
Assuming this is correct , would fans prefer to go up this year and probably struggle in Div 1 with the squad we have - relegation ???
Or be stronger for one more years experience as a team and hopefully have a great season in Div 2 with a team that has more time to gell and perform consistently.
What's it to be my friends , Div 1 struggle versus Div 2 glory ?
Your honest feelings please.......................

League 1 as better teams meaning better gates meaning more money. Even if we do keep this current squad they should have had time to gel if we do go up so whether it is league 1 or 2 this squad should be stronger as a unit.

Mid table or worse in League 1 does not mean better gates than now automatically. Higher costs too - just cos players are under contract already doesn't mean we won't pay them more in League 1.

I just realised that I posted a thread but didn't give my view.
Yes promotion this year for sure , as it probably does have more positives than negatives , although just got a dream that with 4 strong teams going up , we would really kick on and have a great season next year.
But dreams are just that and nobody knows what the future holds ( good teams coming down and also promoted from the conference etc ) , so yes , take what we can asap and build from there , even it means a few years of Borient like struggles.

Promotion to League 1.

Better players. Better gates. More money.

A no brainer for me, you want to watch your club win every game they play and also play at the highest possible level. League One 100%

Financially - More exposure (selling players), TV revenue (I assume), bigger away crowds (Lots of Southern and/or bigger clubs).

From a Fan's point of view - Better standard of football, better clubs to play against (A Sheffield club, possibly Coventry and Forest etc), Col Ewe and Orient Derbies.

Misc - Attract better class of player/loanees, Part of club's plans to be at highest possible level come the new stadium, Progression.

UTB

GK:
Glenn Morris 2012
Dan Bentley 2013

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Ryan Leonard 2012 (2013 option)
Peter Gilbert 2012
Teddy Nesbitt 2012
Bilel Mohsni 2012 (2013 option)
Chris Barker 2012
Mark Phillips 2012
Luke Prosser 2012
Graham Coughlan 2013
Pat Baldwin 2012

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Jean-Paul Kalala 2012 (2013 option)
Anthony Grant 2012

Kane Ferdinand 2013
Lee Sawyer 2012 (2013 option)
Alex Woodyard 2013
James Stevens 2012 (Development contract)
George Smith 2012 (Development contract)
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Merrick James-Lewis 2012

FWD:
Anthony Flood - 2012 (2013 option)
Jack Sampson Loan - Feb 11th (Option of season extension)
Liam Dickinson 2012 (2013 option)
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014

Barry Corr 2012
Harry Crawford 2012
Matt Paterson 2012
Kyle Asante 2012 (2013 option)
Blair Sturrock (Rolling contract)

Total Players: 33

Out of Contract (this summer) 21

Last edited:
I remember a very similar thread when we were pushing for Championship from league 1...looked what happened there

Very different scenarios though, there, we had come straight up, made only a few additions and had no real 'consolidation season'. Here, we've gone down, had a season to rebuild and then got the chance to do up. Definitely go up for me.

Back