• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do Our Management Team, Know Something We Don't?

Am I truly the only person on here who thinks that loosing 7 games in a row isn't a sackable offence?
You may be the only person who focuses on that to the exclusion of all else. No attempt at context, just a contrarian point made for the sake of being a contrarian, as far as I can tell.

Talking of context, Maher took the club on when it was hurtling towards the NLS. He stabilised it, took it to a place of comfort and this season despite operating under an embargo took it to within a whisker of the play-offs. If a visiting Blackpool fan can see that is a very decent track record, why can't you?

Why do people expect Tom and Stan to be in the know - they're not owners, I wouldn't expect them to be involved in negotiations. Ton probably involved in putting together a seller's pack of information, and maybe gathering data for any buyers questions - but not sure they'll be involved beyond that

Why do people expect Tom and Stan to be in the know - they're not owners, I wouldn't expect them to be involved in negotiations. Ton probably involved in putting together a seller's pack of information, and maybe gathering data for any buyers questions - but not sure they'll be involved beyond that

Stan doesn’t need to know, though you would expect him to be kept informed. As CEO Tom has certain legal duties that require being kept fully informed of any major decisions of the owner so that he can fully discharge his responsibilities.

So if he isn’t involved in this process - not the same as having the decision making role - he should have stepped down by now.

Reactions: fbm
Stan doesn’t need to know, though you would expect him to be kept informed. As CEO Tom has certain legal duties that require being kept fully informed of any major decisions of the owner so that he can fully discharge his responsibilities.

So if he isn’t involved in this process - not the same as having the decision making role - he should have stepped down by now.

Not sure I'd expect Stan to be kept informed unless he has been involved in introducing buyers.

Isn't the major decision at this point that the club is for sale, would Tom need to be informed of the nitty gritty?

And are we expecting Ron to keep people informed - we're told he doesn't tell the other directors anything, hasn't produced accounts etc!

Tom's on holiday I believe so that will probably slow things down in any case with regards to any sale. I would imaging Kev and co are just trying to enjoy the little down time they have before everything starts to ramp up again. They know all too well the mantra of only being able to control what they can control. They'll hopefully be enjoying some much needed time with family and recharging their batteries.

I expect very little to happen for the next month. I need to find something else to occupy my time rather than refreshing SZ!

Based on what? The bloke had his hands tied all whilst other teams were strengthening and we were losing key players due to injury.
I think after the 2021/22 season (some) people got carried away and their expectations were unrealistically high.

Shrimpet Steve you should be sacked ive lost count of the number of times people on here have told you its not loosing its spelt losing ,just one O not two.
I bet that he loves the T V show....Lose Women lol

Back