• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

USAShrimper

First XI
Don't mean going up. of course we have a chance, typical of our play over the last 5 season. Impressive results & performances especially away from home against strong teams. Followed by inept home results against weak opponents. Will always be there or there abouts while in this league. No, my question, "Do we have any chance" pertains to the possibility of keeping Egan & Sololik long term. Keep Bentley, White & Coker and a much improved Prosser and will be strong at the back. That will allow us to focus more on attacking mid-fielders and forwards. Barnard & Freddy, I'm afraid I have to say no. Loved them both in the past as a fan, sad to say, but no.

The answer is simple, we have a much bigger chance of signing those we want to keep if we can get out of the wasteland of Div4.
Like you I have great fondness for Fred and Barney BUT I don't know the full situation with their fitness and cost, however I am leaning towards calling "time" for both of them in favour of youth.

Sokolik is out of contract in the summer so possibly, although if anyone outside has been watching his performances for us I think he'll attract some attention higher up the leagues. Liverpool may even keep him on as centre-back isn't their strongest area.

Egan I gather is quite highly regarded at Sunderland and if they get relegated and lose some of their current first team, which looks likely, I reckon he could break into their team. I doubt we'll be able to sign either of them to be honest, they're too good for League Two.

I'd say no, as it stands, though as the previous poster states we'd have a better chance if we could somehow squeeze promotion...I think they are both better than this level currently, and are likely to improve to way way better than this level.
I suspect if they become available for a permanent move there will be plenty of clubs higher up the food chain with more money and more ambition than us that will lure them.

Strangely thought they both looked a little shakier this weekend than in recent weeks, maybe it's a ploy to put other clubs off the scent?

Unfortunately no chance IMO.
Despite the silly penalty this week by Egan , they are both class.
Comfortable on the ball , good in the air , aggressive ( not Clifford aggressive , but sensible aggressive ) , quick and good positional sense.
I initially felt Egan was the better of the two , but for me Sokolik is superb.
Real shame for Prosser.

Unfortunately no chance IMO.
Despite the silly penalty this week by Egan , they are both class.
Comfortable on the ball , good in the air , aggressive ( not Clifford aggressive , but sensible aggressive ) , quick and good positional sense.
I initially felt Egan was the better of the two , but for me Sokolik is superb.
Real shame for Prosser

True, but at least we will still have Prosser when the other two go home. Don't think we have a chance in hell of signing either of them unfortunately.

I can't see either being at their parent clubs next season so I think we have an excellent chance of signing them.

With Prosser already signed though I'm not sure if the maths works out to sign both of them though.

Sokolik would be my priority.

lets wait and see what leauge we ply our trade in next season before we ask that question .The higher we are the more chance we have .Why not leave it at that for now .

Yeah, I think Egan is more likely to be kept on and played by Sunderland, would be happy with either him or Sokolik though , and we will need back up as well.

Don't mean going up. of course we have a chance, typical of our play over the last 5 season. Impressive results & performances especially away from home against strong teams. Followed by inept home results against weak opponents. Will always be there or there abouts while in this league. No, my question, "Do we have any chance" pertains to the possibility of keeping Egan & Sololik long term. Keep Bentley, White & Coker and a much improved Prosser and will be strong at the back. That will allow us to focus more on attacking mid-fielders and forwards. Barnard & Freddy, I'm afraid I have to say no. Loved them both in the past as a fan, sad to say, but no.

Are Phil Brown's recent comment's about trying to sign Egan & Sokolik, "pie in the sky" or realistic. If we sell Bentley and get promotion, surely that would make it more feasible. With our defence right now I trust another goalkeeper back there, and that includes Smith.

Back