• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well no surprise there then as cautious Phil . despite bigging up Jason Williams, doesnt even give him a slot on the bench for encouragement. He did the same with Payne, for far too long when practically all on here suggested he should have been given more opportunities a year ago.. Still we have the hungry Barnyard chomping at the bit to play another 10 minutes

Delighted to see from the tweeters and newshounds that Adeyeye and Williams are likely to be in the squad and on the bench for tomorrows match. I strongly believe that this kind of positive encouragement, even if the youngsters dont get on , is exactly the right way to go. I understand Williams may also be loaned out, possibly to Bury and Layne and Brown may be ripe "If it suits us" according to Phil, for a loan period. If this becomes a reality my hat off to our Management!!

Finally, we just might be waking up to the value of loaning out more development players than we normally do. Id prefer Williams not to go as he is better than Barney. But would be pleased to see Brown , Layne, Smith, Banton and Bridge all depart for a good experience. If Barney went and had all his wages paid maybe we could also get in a forward person with a modicum of composure? Still our Phil might be on the hunt for his eleventh midfielder?

Finally, we just might be waking up to the value of loaning out more development players than we normally do. Id prefer Williams not to go as he is better than Barney. But would be pleased to see Brown , Layne, Smith, Banton and Bridge all depart for a good experience. If Barney went and had all his wages paid maybe we could also get in a forward person with a modicum of composure? Still our Phil might be on the hunt for his eleventh midfielder?

I have read two articles today with 'dismay' firstly we go to a development game...and hardly play any development squad...yet PB is yet to decide if he will send any of the youngsters on loan.....?? He seems confused...just my thoughts.

How do people make judgements on players they dont see play?

I have read two articles today with 'dismay' firstly we go to a development game...and hardly play any development squad...yet PB is yet to decide if he will send any of the youngsters on loan.....?? He seems confused...just my thoughts.

Confused or just deciding whether or not it is a good idea to send a specific player to a specific club.

How do people make judgements on players they dont see play?

Incredible, isn't it. It's the same with people questioning why Jack Payne wasn't blooded earlier - I remember him at York last year and he looked like a little kid who couldn't keen up with the game - seems to me that PB has called that one about right.

Pleased to see that Ted Smith, Layne, Brown and Williams are getting a game against Harlow tomorrow night, along with Bolger, Payne, and Coulthirst apparently

Hmm..can't say that I am that pleased to see Coulthirst in there...as far as I am concerned he has had his opportunity (15 appearances)...time to give more minutes to the others to prove themselves. I would bet he starts too. (Over one of the other strikers)

At last! Delighted to see 4 of our boys are off to gain experience and hopefully continue their development! Long overdue, I don't think we do enough of this overall, but hands up, well done our Management Team. Good luck to Matsuzuka, Farrell, Brown and Williams. looking forward to any feedback some of you out there are in a position to provide, would be good to hear more from the lads themselves in due course, wishing them every success.

Back