• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
A few weeks ago I put up a thread ' 10 games to go and everything to play for ' - well I supplied quite a few anti-depressants since then :) - thanks for the pms.

This time I am not peddling some Lucy in the Sky but asking - do you think we can finish in 4th or 5th and get the advantage of the second leg at the Hall ?

We are 6 points behind both Fleetwood and Burton, have a better goal difference and have to play both.

Come on you Blues !

Short answer - No, however much i would love to agree with your optimism i fear we have one more typical Southend **** up to go through yet , I would be happy just getting into the playoffs and then just play each game as it comes..

It is unlikely BUT the fixtures in this league, for all the teams in the final push, are very interesting and lots of our rivals have games harder than our set so my faith has not gone.
If we keep cleans sheets anything might happen over the next few weeks.
UTB:happy:

I think we 'can' overhaul both , but agree with kwakadal74 that we probably won't.
What peeves me even more is that we've scored more goals than Burton , conceded less , but still 6 points behind !

I think we 'can' overhaul both , but agree with kwakadal74 that we probably won't.
What peeves me even more is that we've scored more goals than Burton , conceded less , but still 6 points behind !

... at the moment

I genuinely think that when we play at our best that we have nothing to fear in this league. Burton, Scunthorpe, Fleetwood - they aren't amazing. Another win on Sat and things could look very positive. A shame we've hamstrung ourselves with such a poor run.

Momentum and confidence are crucial ingredients in any competitive process, and Southend seem to have that now.

2 Home wins in a row ,now we need to put together a couple of away wins in a row,then i would be very optimistic,at one stage our away form was better than our home form ,we need to get that away form going again,not draws even though they definitely better than losses ,a couple of away wins would be great .

Momentum and confidence are crucial ingredients in any competitive process, and Southend seem to have that now.

Agreed, it is within our own hands. Got to keep playing with belief. Anything is possible.

Take each game as it comes! I look no further than Cheltenham Town away. We must concentrate on winning each game and that will leave us where it leaves us.
I will be delighted to reach the Play-Off's and.. that achieved? We can beat anyone - whichever way the games come!

The impossible dream? For me it is not achieving a second-leg at the Hall - it is seeing the boys get promoted at Wembley!!!

Id love us to finish 4th/5th as that return leg makes a massive difference.

However we still have to play Fleetwood and Rochdale away and I still cant see us getting much there, not enough that will leapfrog into the higher places anyway.

That said, if we were to close the gap to two points before the last game of the season against Burton then that game could determine who finishes highest!

Right now, I'd still take 7th place.

That being said IF we win tomorrow, I think we can win 1 of the games against Fleetwood or Burton and finish above them

Right now, I'd still take 7th place.

That being said IF we win tomorrow, I think we can win 1 of the games against Fleetwood or Burton and finish above them
Same here, I will be very happy with 7th and considering the bad run we went on then 7th will be a big achievement and I think at that point we would have as much chance of going up as the other 3

My dream last night consisted of me at a table with an unidentifiable leggy blonde at a Las Vegas hotel while Ricky Gervais wandered past.

At no time did either of them ask for my opinion for Southend's chances of going up from the 4th to the 3rd Division (in old money).

So, sadly, the answer is no, my dreams don't include as such unadulterated daring as that.

My dream last night consisted of me at a table with an unidentifiable leggy blonde at a Las Vegas hotel while Ricky Gervais wandered past.

At no time did either of them ask for my opinion for Southend's chances of going up from the 4th to the 3rd Division (in old money).

So, sadly, the answer is no, my dreams don't include as such unadulterated daring as that.

Leggy blonde yes, but Ricky Gervais? We have very different desire content for a folie a trois!

lets look at this game by game next up for us is wimbledon we should win this .burton play Northampton away who have everything to play for .Next comes the fly in the tough one Rochdale away I would be happy with a point Burton are at home to hartlepool you would think they will win that then we have the stanley at home Burton travel to newport a real tough game .Then I would like to think we could beat Fleetwood away Burton have Chesterfield at home maybe a draw then Burton play us could be all up for grabs but A one nil win for us .So taking that in account point wise they would end up with 5 giveing them 73 points we could end up with 13 points giving us 75 points . And hopefully giving us 5th place hears hopeing .

Back