• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For me a club's fans make a club, I have consistently had negative experiences with Hamsters all my life on many fronts, and living in South East Essex they are so visible, unlike Col U fans who you never see unless we play them.

An awful colour scheme in claret and blue, the worst owners possible, Karen Brady, attempts to move to a stadium so wrong for football.

WHU have the most embarrassing fans in football. Anyone who disagrees should revisit the You Tube clips of the pitch invasions at their home cup tie vs. Millwall.

The only gripe I ever had was the club shop in our town....aside from that, they don't bother me. If anything, we should build relations, could do with a few loans of fringe players/youngsters etc. Wouldn't mind that Montano or Danny Potts.

That isn't in their best interests though. There's a reason that the only decent loanee we've had off them in my time supporting Southend (17 years) is Stanislas. It's not in West Ham's interests for Southend to be successful as they recruit a lot of their fanbase from our territory. That's why they are a much, much bigger rival than the teams you mentioned in my opinion.

My bugbear are the Wet Spam fans you talk to who when you say "Do you get to many games?" they say "Naaaaaaaahahhhhhh, it's really difficult getting tickets innit?".

I've had the "pleasure" of going to Upton Park 3 times (one of my best mates is a fan so I go in return for him coming RH) and have never had a problem in getting tickets. In fact, it's even easier than getting them for SUFC.

Although I hated the fact that for a period they had a shop in Southend , what I hated more was the fact that it survived for a number of years indicated that people in Southend were buying their crap.

Personally I don't hate thier supporters, I support my local team and that makes me feel superior to people who dont. I don't need feel the need to argue my case with them as I know I am right:smile: . However I do beleive that people born in Essex can support West Ham (or whoever) if their family has an allegiance to that club , as long as you still treat your local club with respect.

As a rival I dont see it really. They are streets ahead of us and probably always will be. So for me that a bit of a nothing reason to hate them.

The West Ham fans I have known on a personal basis are all generally good lads. In comparrison to say the Spurs fans I have worked with who all seem to be ******s.

However I hate them for opening a shop in Southend and for trying to poach the little support we had at the time away and I hate the fact they still drop fliers trying to poach our fans. I also hate the way locals with little or no football knowledge all support the big sides but thats more of a general hate than anything specific to West Ham.

Overall I dont like the London sides but nout sure I hate them more than say Spurs who I cannot stand. I hate the fact they cling on to past glorys and there main claim seems to be they have a bit of a firm. I also hate the fact that everyone who is anyone claims to be part of the ICF is they once sung a naughty song at football.

On thw whole as individuals I quite like West Hams fans. As a collective I think they are ******s.

Despise their fans with a passion. In terms of footballing rivalry, obviously Colchester and Orient are our main rivals but in terms of fans I hate West Ham the most. I don't like to tar whole groups with the same brush but in the case of West Ham, most of them are shaven-headed, overweight, neanderthal, chav scum. Most of the reasons have been mentioned already - deluded, arrogant, "we won the World Cup" (no you didn't), only have one song, owners. There's always problems when we play them. Their fans are never happy. Last season they were top or second for most of the season but still complained about their style of football (the "West Ham way", pfft) and some even wanted the manager out. They seem to force out every manager they have and think they should be challenging for the Champions League every season when in reality, they're a yo-yo team and have been for a long time. People say they have good support - no they don't they just have one song, numbers and a billy big attitude. Saying that, I'd rather they support West Ham than Man U or Arsenal and so on, and I accept that a lot of them live in Essex now that East London has been taken over by immigrants.

Another reason for loathing wet sham and all things "premier" is why do they all have to venture into neighbouring counties/towns with their "summer soccer schools" ?? Blatent attempts to brainwash small children to the church of the premier league.

Another reason that I detest their "fans" is the treatment & abuse they mete out to Frank Lampard. Lampard's crime being he wanted to join a club where he might stand a chance of winning trophies, he seems to have done ok. Every time he's back at Upton Park he's treated to some pretty vile abuse, particularly after the death of his mother, and each time he seems to score and Chelsea win.

The thickos really don't get it.

A Spammer I work with in Southend was handing it out about Manure fans not coming from Manchester, and yet he lives in Rochford. It's either because they are inherently thick or they see this area as part of East London.

And what is all that bubbling about?

The trouble with West Ham is their so called fans - especially the ones who don't actually go, but will be found outside many pubs in the Greater Southend area wearing the latest replica shirt, born and bred in Essex and haven't been to East London in ages. Saw a lot of them outside the Anchor and Hoy & Helmet in Benfleet after the play off final... Don't remember seeing them there the previous season when they got relegated.

I had the pleasure of meeting Sir Trevor Brooking a few years ago at a charity quiz night. Wanted to hate him because of the West Ham connection, but he is simply the nicest man in the world. Like anything, a couple of bad apples spoil the rest, but I don't hate West Ham. Just can't stand some of their supporters...

I have a close friend who is Southend born and bred. He now lives in New York, but considers himself a West Ham fan. When they won promotion back to the Premiership in May he put a comment on Facebook. I couldn't resist having a dig at him.

The exchange went like this:

Him: We're back in the Premier League.
Me: You're such a big fan I've seen them play live more often than you!
Me: Oh, and as a Southend fan it is my duty to hate the spammers! ;-)
Him: I must disagree, it's your duty to love the hammers and you don't know how many times i've seen them play live.... :-)
Me: Twice isn't it?

Funnily enough he didn't respond, because I was right! I so enjoyed putting him in his place rather publicly!

:blush: A lot of reasoning for hatred of West Ham in this thread isn't entirely accurate but then again people's opinions in football never are!! :smile:

the problem i have with West Ham fans is that every single one of them is that loud person you find in the pub. One by themselves is usually ok, and each club has one, but every single West Ham fan is that person, what a home pub must be like on the matchday is a terrifying thought.

Anyway, what really annoys me is that they have one phrase which they bellow out, and its not even said properly, its something like "GOOOORROOOONNTHEEEAMMMMEEERRRSSS"... and thats pretty much all they say, really loudly, and its f**king annoying. Then it turns into some kind of ****ing contest, where the next West Ham fan has to try and say it more manly than the last, with extra bass added to the 'GOOORR' and extra whoop added to the 'THEEE'

i dont mind the ones who actually go to watch west ham, but its the tv, teletext & radio fans i hate.
they make no effort to watch their team play live, but yet love hanging a flag outside their house when they won the play-offs. another thing, what is it with all those west ham ***** & the ****ing c2c line? they seem to spend their weekends going to lakeside on the ****ing train while wearing their ****ing dr martins replica kit. *****.

plus they let their hero bobby moore rot & then go to fulham. mug *****.

Back