• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Do you have a mortgage? CONTACT FIRST4MORTGAGES NOW

First4mortgages

Schoolboy⭐
With the threat of an impending mortgage rate rise, NOW is the perfect time to look at your mortgage and take advantage of low interest rates.

Do you know if you are on the best rate available, or are you paying more than you need to for your mortgage?

First4Mortgages will tell you if there are cheaper rates with other lenders and how much you can save each month. By doing nothing, this could cost you thousands over your mortgage term.

We have already helped a number of zone members in making considerable savings on their monthly mortgage payments.

If you have a mortgage, contact us NOW! You have nothing to lose.

Send us a PM or email us at
simon@first4mortgages.org.uk to see how much we can save you.

Don’t forget you will also be supporting the zone!

Just to give a review, our mortgage deal was ending and it timed nicely with Simon coming on board as a SZ sponsor so got in touch to see what he could do. We've refixed and reduced our term and our repayment which is great. We found Simon to be proactive, organised and great to speak with (even if it was about away trips!). We're 200 miles away from Essex but that's been no bother, he's happy to communicate via email and phone and been patient when we've been busy. If you need mortgage advice and want to support the zone then I really recommend giving Simon at first4mortgages a go.

Just to give a review, our mortgage deal was ending and it timed nicely with Simon coming on board as a SZ sponsor so got in touch to see what he could do. We've refixed and reduced our term and our repayment which is great. We found Simon to be proactive, organised and great to speak with (even if it was about away trips!). We're 200 miles away from Essex but that's been no bother, he's happy to communicate via email and phone and been patient when we've been busy. If you need mortgage advice and want to support the zone then I really recommend giving Simon at first4mortgages a go.

Many thanks for the review!

Really pleased that I could help you.

We have also just re-mortgaged using first4mortgages. We wanted to reduce our term and fix the rate. Our account was handled by Nikki and all went through very smoothly, taking just over 6 weeks from first enquiring to completion (plus we were on holiday for a week in the middle!).
We found Nikki very competent and easy to deal with and she got us a great deal fixed for 5 years.
We would recommend them for anybody looking to review their mortgage.

We have also just re-mortgaged using first4mortgages. We wanted to reduce our term and fix the rate. Our account was handled by Nikki and all went through very smoothly, taking just over 6 weeks from first enquiring to completion (plus we were on holiday for a week in the middle!).
We found Nikki very competent and easy to deal with and she got us a great deal fixed for 5 years.
We would recommend them for anybody looking to review their mortgage.

Thank you for the review.

Really pleased that First4Mortgages were of great help to you!

I can only just remember our mortgage we paid it up in 1996! When we took out our previous mortgage in 1979 interest rates were 15%!

Last edited:
Just re-mortgaged using First4mortgages. Simon was extremely helpful, finding the right mortgage to suit our needs. A 5 year fixed with some extra funds to clear outstanding debt was spot on. Short completion time, and much the same as madaboutblues, we were on holiday when the remortgage actually completed. Can highly recommend contacting First4mortgages. If only the solicitors involved were as fluid as Simon and his team.

I can only just remember our mortgage we paid it up in 1996! When we took out our previous mortgage in 1979 interest rates were 15%!

True but houses were very cheap back then.

Me and the other half would love to buy but saving 30k whilst renting is a long process.

100% mortgages were also readily available

True but houses were very cheap back then.

Me and the other half would love to buy but saving 30k whilst renting is a long process.

100% mortgages were also readily available

Yes when we bought our 1st house in1979 for £15500 I was earning about £60 per week! We moved in 1982 to a bigger house and paid £23200, we are still here, 39 years in May!

Last edited:
Yes when we bought our 1st house in1979 for £15500 I was earning about £60 per week! We moved in 1972 to a bigger house and paid £23200, we are still here, 39 years in May!
I think you mean you moved in 1982. I bought mine in 1981 and will have been here 40 years this year. When you find a place you’re happy with, why move?

Back