• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you mates "disappear" when loved up?

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
This is something that proper dawned on me on Saturday night.

I was invited to Sky Bar in Bas Vegas, for beers and stupid dancing by two girls who I hadn't seen in 3 months, partly because one of them is loved up.

I originally didn't want to go with just two girls as I didn't have a wingman, so I tried to round up the troops Ricey, Kingy, Hallet, Diaz a few others but every single one of them was on girlfriend duty Saturday night. Nevermind I thought, I text up the football boys but again girlfriend duty called them.

In the end I went along, stayed in the hotel with the two of them, pulled one of them, and some minger in the Club and had a real good time.

You singletons out there, do you mates "disappear" when they get loved up or is it just my mates. And you fellas in relationships, do you miss nights out with the lads for DVD and popcorn with the missus?

Discus....

Depends on the mate really, there are one or two that despite being top lads vanish as soon as they get a whiff of quim while others still make the effort for quality lager time

Girlfriend duty was the responce I got...

too true.

yeah people tend to go missing when they get a girlfriend. I missed doing some stuff, but then I enjoyed spending time with da wife. As I got a bit older you maybe miss it less, but then you tend to do other things like have meals, go out after work. have pints for lunch etc etc... and we still go out for a massive bender every once i a while, and meet up with the boys for a big session quite a bit. After 5 1/2 years with Lauren our social groups are very close (as we went to uni together) so there isn't much tension between groups of friends

Two of my mates have relatively recently become involved in new relationships and have disappeared off the face of the Earth. There's nothing more shameful in my book.

Poor form but sure we have all been there.

In fairness it goes full circle later in the relationship when time with your mates become a priority again. Once the new muff excitement wears off and they are discussing cussions etc they will come running back.

Always had a saying mates before muff which was true as a kid. Nowadays I find I have one night out a week with the lads plus maybe another one or two with me and the Mrs + a mate and his bird too. Works well.

In short getting a bird before you about 28-29 I think is madenss. Sow your oates let your mates **** about in loveless relationships while your smashing women left right and centre - no worries.

It's unfortunately one of those facts of life. I'm just getting out of a five-year marriage and I'll readily admit that I could have seen mates more often but there are those that didn't even bother to contact me but thankfully due to football and music I kept in touch with some but there's those mates who for one reason or another you lose regular contact with.

Hey there, chap!

Of course you 'disappear' when you've got some hole on the go. I mean, what are you going to do? Bang some strumpet silly or spend time with a mate smelling each other farts? (Ok, I know it may be a close run thing, but my rule is flange before flatulence)

Hope this helps

flange before flatulence is a good rule to go by, although if you have flange that farts like a good 'un you're in a definite win situation!

In short getting a bird before you about 28-29 I think is madenss. Sow your oates let your mates **** about in loveless relationships while your smashing women left right and centre - no worries.[/QUOTE]

No your bang on there with that one, I know a couple of fellas who settled down and married etc before that time and they are all unhappy and resentful of their mates and in some cases their partners. The reason is simple, they are always thinking whether the grass would be greeener, what its like to live overseas or at least travel and in my opinion have **** all to teach their kids about life as they haven't really expereinced much of it.

Each to their own I suppose but you need to live a bit and experience like before you get stuck and settle down with kids.

One of my mates in particular is shocking at this.

First time I ever meet him was on a lads holiday. I got asked late doors, as some of the guys I didn't really hang around with, this guy included.

Now over the course of the holiday we become best mates, both being wingmen for each other, drinking all day by the pool and pulling out load of pranks on the others, 2nd week of the holiday he meet some scouse bird. Now to be fair she was decent, but his bird at home was a right sort. The 2nd week of the holiday, as soon as the girls where around he was off.

We come back and are best mates again and he spilts up with his bird. Then for 6 months of so we are out down the Winchester (not its real name) every night like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in Shaun of the Dead (thats where the pub name comes from). Enter his new bird, I haven't seen him for two weeks now whereas we would normally do something twice/three times a week. Its shocking.

Mates before muff should be the rules, but some guys don't follow any of that.

I've always put my foot down in a Relationship on this, If I wanted to go out with my mates on a Friday or Saturday then I just do it and they just have to accept it, I never want to turn into one of these blokes that gets pussywhipped!

I had it out with one of my mates while I was drunk a few weeks ago...

It's a problem that set in recently despite them being together for coming up to 2 1/2 years... I think it all started the moment they had a bit of a break, without telling any of us, and things went a bit awry when he slept with someone and she didn't. They're a massively secretive couple at the best of times.

Strike 1, was when he sacked a night out to watch the apprentice with his girlfriend after ALREADY watching it with us. He watched it with us over a beer or 2, we all went to get ready, and when we all emerged he had ****ed off to his birds to watch the apprentice with her. Slightly strange, but she can be a right funny sort some times, so I just ignored it.

Strike 2, was when he ditched a lads BBQ to commemorate our time at Uni together, to take his girlfriend shopping in Brighton. Now, it was a pretty spur of the moment thing, so usually I wouldn't have a problem. Only he told us he was at the library preparing for an exam.

Strike 3, was when he missed a meal we'd organised months ago, booked a table in a nice restaurant and put the money in to have a right decent night on the last night one of our mates was to be there. He didn't turn up because "Lucy wasn't hungry". What? Because your Girlfriend, who was lucky to be invited, "wasn't Hungry?". That was the final straw for me, and I rang him up when I was slaughtered that night to tell him to man up and strap on a pair.

Since that fateful night, He's been back to his relative normal self and she hasn't said a word to me... Through the grapevine I heard that he'd had enough as well and was on the verge of telling her things would have to change, and my conversation with him was the tipping point.

They're still together, just, and he's enjoying his life now. So win/win... Apart from her, but she's a bit of a bitch.

Back