• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Do you still go to watch the Blues?

Do you still go to watch the Blues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I live on the West Coast of the USA, so no. But even with how results are going this year, I'd give my left bollock to go to Roots Hall for every home game.

I’m being offered work on Saturdays that’s stops me from going but normally i would be tempted not to take it, but think it would add insult to injury if I went and watched the current dross.

This time of year I’ve normally been to around 7 games, I’ve only been to 1 this season and that was Wimbledon at home, I’ve got a ticket for oxford at home as I think we could get around 7,000 for this game as Oxford have a good following.

You’d give your left bollock to watch the worst football we have ever played? You’ve been in the states too long

You're probably right. But I think I miss the matchday really, seeing your mates, having a few pints before and after. I've been going since 1980 and it's been mostly terrible if I'm honest, but I kept going.

Of course I do and as many know the football is S***e bit it’s our s***e.
Although, have to say I have not been to many away games as normal

As a STH for many years and it's all i know of course.
This season however i've found out more about peoples outside life and dining habits than before and judging by conversations after the game must be the same for many.
It just used to be about football at 5.00pm on saturday afternoon no longer we are talking ailments,bakeoff(whatever that is) and everyday life during the game sometimes.

I live on the West Coast of the USA, so no. But even with how results are going this year, I'd give my left bollock to go to Roots Hall for every home game.
It's a tempting offer but I don't think anyone will go for it unless we're talking complete bollocks.

I'm a season ticket holder so I'll still be there. I admit I bailed out of the Doncaster game because of schedule conflicts. If I'd felt any optimism, I might have tried harder to reshuffle things than I did.

I'll be there for the game against Oxford, hoping Sol has worked some sorcery.

ST but normally go to some away games....would definitely have done Pompey and Dover but frankly will no longer waste time and money on this Ron created mess. Played 17 Won 1 .......This is a nightmare season to watch and I will not waste another penny .
Reminds me of many years ago under Uncle Vic when I boycotted the Notts County game and watched in the rain from South West corner outside protesting.Some unknown young player called Collymore had his debut and almost single handedly kept us up.....Thought things were bad then but this beats it by a long way

ST but normally go to some away games....would definitely have done Pompey and Dover but frankly will no longer waste time and money on this Ron created mess. Played 17 Won 1 .......This is a nightmare season to watch and I will not waste another penny .
Reminds me of many years ago under Uncle Vic when I boycotted the Notts County game and watched in the rain from South West corner outside protesting.Some unknown young player called Collymore had his debut and almost single handedly kept us up.....Thought things were bad then but this beats it by a long way
So we just need another Stan. Simple .. come on Sol, use your contacts ?

Southend will always be my team and on derby day against Bowers & Pitsea in Isthmian North, about six years from now!
First went in August 1961, and since that first match, a 2-2 draw against Portsmouth, oh, the irony, have been there when I can.
There were two years were spent in the States, and another seven tackling serious athletics, but the call of the siren at the end of Prittlewell Ave lures me in like a sucker when I'm able.
This is when it will be interesting to see who really braves it out.
However, I will accidentally-on-purpose drop my mustard-and-ketchup dripping burger down the neck of Kevin Bond should he ever again also deign to drop by SS2 6NQ.

I’ve got a ticket for oxford at home .

I've made the decision to get a ticket for the previous evenings SUEPA reunion at The Park Hotel, & forfeit the Oxford game.
Going to cost considerately more for the evening, cant afford both. But for reminiscing old memories with ex players who gave their all for the club over the last 40 years, is an occasion not to miss. ( Maybe it's an age thing? )

I'll be there next Wednesday...but its getting tougher to stomach. There my team whether I like it or not. I have no choice.

You have plenty. It's not a league match, it's a meaningless cup game for a competition that should be boycotted anyway. Stay in the warm, watch the Apprentice with a nice cup of tea.

You have plenty. It's not a league match, it's a meaningless cup game for a competition that should be boycotted anyway. Stay in the warm, watch the Apprentice with a nice cup of tea.
Hope he takes your advice. I would then have a better chance of saying that I was there with our lowest ever crowd (beating the record attained in the previous game in this dead-beat competition).

Back