• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Do you still go to watch the Blues?

Do you still go to watch the Blues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Work stops me from going to a lot of games but I get down to RH whenever I can and I still love the atmosphere leading up to KO, it's the reason why Southend got under my skin when I was a young lad.

Cant imagine we are stealing the hearts of many young fans at the moment though

Got my season ticket and will continue to go. I am starting to get frustrated at games and I have never felt that way, nor even in the dark days

I live over 200 miles away from Southend and am an STH for another club now, but I'll still get along to a handful of games each season. Been twice this year so far and will try and get along to a few more. UTBs

When I can, which is dependant on time & money.

This season has been a cyclical routine for me.

I usually start weighing it up around Monday, whether I should go or not.

I usually decide by Tuesday, that I’d rather spend the weekend diving on my own head, than suffer that ****e.

Then, something weird happens towards the latter part of the week, and enthusiasm starts knocking on the door.

By Friday, I’m perusing the club website, trying to suss out what decent seats are left.

Saturday morning, I’m buzzing. I don’t get on the lash anymore, as I tend to drive these days, but still, I can’t wait to get to The Hall.

Then, regular as clockwork, 5:05pm, I’m driving home - seething - thinking bollocks to these mugs.

Takes all sorts, i guess

As a season card holder I've paid to attend every home match and get to most of them when I can.

So which box do I tick ?

As a season card holder I've paid to attend every home match and get to most of them when I can.

So which box do I tick ?
I reckon you're an 'Always'. We could always have another poll for Zoners to decide for you.:Smile2:

Been to 4 games this season - Coventry away (lost 1-0), Lincoln away (lost 4-0), Doncaster home (lost 7-1), Ipswich home (lost 3-1). 2 goals for, 15 goals against (I missed Acqua's goal against Ipswich so the only goal I've seen us score all season is Hutchinson's free kick).

I'll probably go to a few more games this season and try and fit in another decent away day. Fair play to people who go to every game and will continue to do so, I could not stomach that.

I go to the vast majority of home games, bar a few evening ones that I can't make because of work, and I'd say approximately 8-10(ish) away games a season.

I am, in all honesty starting to get a bit ****ed off with the amount of money I spend on watching football, but then again, I suppose I only have myself to blame! Admittedly, there have been a few times this season where I've just gone to watch Tilbury FC instead, because there is at least a chance I will see a win, and I can have a fag and a pint in the stands as well....

I'll still be going, regardless, but I can understand why people are being put off.

I've seen us play badly over the years, but the lack of morale and feeling of futility on the pitch has definitely spread to the stands, more so than I have seen in the past.

I would say that credit is due to the core of 5,000 odd core of home supporters that turn up week in week out. The dross on the pitch, plus the circus that is our financial / new ground situation have turned us into a truly miserable club to support at the moment.

I know that, ultimately, supporting a team comes with taking the rough with the smooth, though every Saturday is groundhog day at the moment, and if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, it seems to be the light of an oncoming train....

I am a season ticket holder so go to every home game (may miss a couple a season due to holidays etc).

If we had spent the last 20 years in League One it would be pretty boring. So whilst this season, and most of last season, have been grim we need these poor years to set us up for future play off finals, promotions etc. Its all part of supporting your local team.

We do not go to many away games but when we do we make a day or weekend of it. Dover will be our first away game this season (the original Portsmouth fixture would have been) and my wife and I have booked a night at an inn near Deal for Saturday night. Hopefully we will win on Sunday but either way we will have had a relaxing weekend away.

STH for years and been going since 1968. We could do with a FA cup run like that season.

Back