• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Do you support Stan with a role at the club?

Do you support Stan with a role at the club?

• Yes

Votes: 390 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 40 8.9%
  • Bart

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
This was a very valid question Stan asked on the recent zoom call as to whether the fans would support him if he had a role at the club.

.So vote away guys.

I think it would need to be a role that Stan would be comfortable in, the plays to his strengths and that would fit in well with the wider management team. The last thing we want is what happened with Chris Powell happening to Stan too. Perhaps an ambassador type role that could help the club interact with other clubs, open doors, oil the wheels to help us identify quality players and attract them to the club

Absolute no brainer for me. Especially after the chances we have given others to get in someone who gives a **** we would be mad to say no. Even those that think he’s doing to build his ego. He is a better choice than this club has ever had and if he mucks up the 2 or 3 of you could say I told you so but I just can’t see that happening. This is the only way SUFC moves in the right direction!!

I don't think I know - I lean towards yes, but really depends on the role, cost, responsibilities, success definition etc

Perhaps the "Ron out" can be to just get him as far away from decisions relating to the football side of things as possible and I would 100% support Stan to facilitate bringing the people in that can help with that.

I don't think I know - I lean towards yes, but really depends on the role, cost, responsibilities, success definition etc
I’m not trying to convince you as it’s your choice to vote yes or no. For me success in business came about with the right people in the right places at the right time.
The way this is achieved is by having a large network of people that want to follow in whatever it is your trying to achieve.
As we have seen PB network has got smaller and smaller as each year goes by. Most players are more than half his age and he couldn’t get anyone younger to follow him.
Stan must have just through what he does for a living let alone what he has eluded to tonight one of the biggest networks in football.
So that is the ONLY way we stand a chance of moving in the right direction again.
Unless we get a Saudi that wants to buy us out but for me that would have moral issues!

100% in.

We need to become a modern forward thinking football club with the right manager. We need to change the status quo & poor decision making. We need to use Ron’s funds better. We need to be a club players want to join. We need a club we can all be proud off.

In my opinion & In the short term only Stan can deliver these things.

I voted Yes. I support Stan's involvement in the Club in whatever capacity he feel comfortable and at ease with. I just hope Ron sits up and takes notice. He has a Really good opportunity now.

An impressive pitch from Stanley in the Zoom call.

Based on what is occurring at the club now, it’s a yes from me, although I do have reservations as to the longevity of his involvement.

I will save the club several hundred thousand pounds annually if given a chance.

I guarantee this via better recruitment, scouting, player asset value, Matchday revenue and inward investment from local and national business.

Hold me to it.

Back