• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Do you support Stan with a role at the club?

Do you support Stan with a role at the club?

• Yes

Votes: 390 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 40 8.9%
  • Bart

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
I will save the club several hundred thousand pounds annually if given a chance.

I guarantee this via better recruitment, scouting, player asset value, Matchday revenue and inward investment from local and national business.

Hold me to it.

I'm not sure how we measure that, I don't think the accounts are that detailed.

Heck I'm probably playing devils advocate with this one. Last week I suggested that you replace Ron as chairman, with Ron retaining ownership as a way 'out' for him. So I guess I'm pretty sold on your involvement.

I guess I'll be disappointed if you take over from Dave in the programme hut.

Provided that Stan can bring to the table the connections, improvements and stability that he claims he can in the zoom meeting then it would be daft to say no.

Ultimately it will depend on Ron initially saying yes and then also sticking to his word. This is where I see the biggest issues coming from.

I was very impressed with his holistic view of how the club moves forward. That is something that has been totally absent for years.

For that reason, it's a yes from me Clive.

I'm not sure how we measure that, I don't think the accounts are that detailed.

Heck I'm probably playing devils advocate with this one. Last week I suggested that you replace Ron as chairman, with Ron retaining ownership as a way 'out' for him. So I guess I'm pretty sold on your involvement.

I guess I'll be disappointed if you take over from Dave in the programme hut.
Leave our Dave alone .

As I have said on another thread what has Ron got to loose but much to gain by getting all of us back as a United club.Over to Tom and Ron please make the right decision you wont get a third chance

If that’s what we are doing then fine that’s your opinion. How would you deal with this mess?
This 'mess' needs sensitive and long-term handling. Neither of these attributes would I ascribe to SC. By all means, despite track record, make him your saviour. I suspect if he gets involved we will be in this same position, just further down the line.

If he can do the walk as much as he can do the talk, then great. Prove me wrong. Anything that is good for our club is fine with me but I won't get excited like a sycophant without the evidence . Most of the evidence I see is contrary to the notion that he may be of use.

I wonder how long it takes some people to get fed up blowing smoke up anal passages?
I suppose we’re all entitled to an opinion.

Way I see it is we have limited options, we can carry on inhaling the toxic atmosphere pervading our club or we can blow a bit of “smoke up anal passages”..

This 'mess' needs sensitive and long-term handling. Neither of these attributes would I ascribe to SC. By all means, despite track record, make him your saviour. I suspect if he gets involved we will be in this same position, just further down the line.

If he can do the walk as much as he can do the talk, then great. Prove me wrong. Anything that is good for our club is fine with me but I won't get excited like a sycophant without the evidence . Most of the evidence I see is contrary to the notion that he may be of use.
And what is the evidence? For me the bigger the network of people that are prepared to follow/work for you the better chance you have of succeeding. This is why PB failed no network. If you believe contrary to this I’m sure we would all be interested in your point of view. Ultimately we all want the best for SUFC and if your view is more substantial then I’m sure most fans would consider it. Please share

I voted yes, but depends on the role.

Firstly, I believe we need to have a clear structure and well as a clear outline of our identity and how our teams will look to play. This will then be able to be implemented from the first team down through the youth academy age groups.

Look at the last two managers. We had Mark Molesley, someone who favoured the modern approach, and when that didn't work we swung back to the extreme opposite in a "been there, done it" manager in Phil Brown who had obsolete management methods.

Another problem is that we've allowed Brown to sign 10 new players along with another half dozen or so on new contracts. What if the new manager wants to play a different set up to Brown or favours players in their prime etc. We can't keep bringing in a team of new signings every summer because the recruitment from the previous summer was poor or we've got a new manager.

Having a manager who will have a similar philosophy to the previous manager will mean at least a continuation and not the wholesale changes that have become a regular thing over the last few seasons.

This does all come down to hiring the right people to be our Director of Football and Head of Recruitment to fulfill these duties. If Stan is the man to help bring these people in, then so be it.

Reactions: Jai
That's a fair comment.

I have put up my arguments against in the past, no point saying anymore, what will be will be.
Fair enough, but from what I have seen you seem quick to quash any positivity surrounding Stan's involvement in trying to help the club when he really doesn't have too. I cant see anyone else willing to do that for us at the moment and Ron clearly needs some footballing guidance if this club is to get out of this mess, I for one am grateful to have someone who clearly knows the English game at all levels and agree with his ethos in what makes a stable forward thinking club in the modern game ie Brentford. Not getting carried away but lets face it carry on the way we are with big named has-beens and bad infrastructure and we wont have a club to support. Stan has clearly pointed out our issues in a clear and constructive manner and what help he can offer, this is this most positive thing to happen to our club in years, whether it works or not; he cares.

100% yes Stan has my support. Everything he’s said has made sense, what’s the alternative? We just carry on this freefall? Keep the same people in place, doing the same old things? Change is needed.

It’s clear Ron is going nowhere but it’s also clear he’s listening and hopefully shortly more evidence of that will be available! He may have the skin of a rhino but I believe Ron wants the football club to be successful. He’s got a chance to prove that beyond doubt.

Fair enough, but from what I have seen you seem quick to quash any positivity surrounding Stan's involvement in trying to help the club when he really doesn't have too. I cant see anyone else willing to do that for us at the moment and Ron clearly needs some footballing guidance if this club is to get out of this mess, I for one am grateful to have someone who clearly knows the English game at all levels and agree with his ethos in what makes a stable forward thinking club in the modern game ie Brentford. Not getting carried away but lets face it carry on the way we are with big named has-beens and bad infrastructure and we wont have a club to support. Stan has clearly pointed out our issues in a clear and constructive manner and what help he can offer, this is this most positive thing to happen to our club in years, whether it works or not; he cares.

So, you know my views, why bring it up?

Stan has pointed out his vision for Southend United, many points i have wrote about on here for the last few years, so in my mind it's a "hell, yeah" and a no brainer. Successful football at ALL levels surrounds itself with people that have good contacts, a persuasive and progressive manner, maybe not so much integrity (!) but i just love the positivity he brings. The demos have been made, the protests completed. It's time to take this club forward. With Collymore. Bloody fantastic. Pay attention Ron.

Back