• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Do you support Stan with a role at the club?

Do you support Stan with a role at the club?

• Yes

Votes: 390 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 40 8.9%
  • Bart

Votes: 3 0.7%

• Total voters
It’s really important we separate our views of Stan the player and what is now on offer.

I saw Stan play for us and can still remember the excitement every time he got the ball & fully expect when I die he will still be my favourite player to wear the shirt.

That isn’t what we have on offer now and has to be largely ignored. However when you hear his detailed thinking about the way forward, combined with his willingness to personally contribute and his obvious passion it’s a no brainer for me. I’m excited about the prospect of what he offers.

I also like the fact that he offers to my mind a really balanced view on Ron. He acknowledges his failings but also doesn’t make him out to be Satan as some would believe.

Happy to see him involved provided he is in for the long haul and not going to quit at the first sign of any problems. Not everyone is going to be in total agreement with what Stan does or doesn't do so he needs to be able to cope with that and press on regardless.

His previous record in this department isn't great which is why I voted "not sure".

I don't think we have much to lose now...... so why not give Stan the opportunity to change the direction of our football club. Watching Stan on zoom he got some very good ideas and the importance of having the right structure at a football club, which now in today game is vital to how professional club is run.

What you waiting for Ron? Stan the man ?

Definite yes from me,he has outlined to us all what this club needs to do to move forward ,he has made his intentions and what he maybe able to do to help us perfectly clear. Im not sure of the position that would suit his talents is but i would suggest D.O.F..in that position im sure he will be able to work well with our CEO as they are both friends also with the incoming manager ,whoever that may be..iF 100% YES FROM ME !!!

I’m going to say no because of what happened in the summer who says that won’t happen again and also pausing the protests that will just give Ron more ammo to damage this club we had this before where Ron said I’ll fix this but we are in a worse position now than back in 2019
its been said before ,every person deserves a second chance ,If you had received the abuse that Stan had ,im betting you would have walked away, He has been big enough to come back apoligise and put all that happened behind him .Do you know off anyone better qualified with a plan showing us a way forward please let us hear about it

its been said before ,every person deserves a second chance ,If you had received the abuse that Stan had ,im betting you would have walked away, He has been big enough to come back apoligise and put all that happened behind him .Do you know off anyone better qualified with a plan showing us a way forward please let us hear about it
I’m not saying he ain’t qualified yeah maybe he can work his magic maybe he won’t all I’m saying I can’t see it working that’s until he has tried maybe yeah everyone does deserve a second chance

Dear Stan, Please don't do it. Purely for for your own benefit don't do it.

The saddest thing in the last decade was see Chris Powell hiding in his dugout a beaten man. A club legend abused and back stabbed by the same people who are cheering you now. You might want to read some comments about CP before you open your heart to all on here.

Your ideas about structure would have had the time and money to work when we finished 7th in L1 but now we don't have the time or the money...I'm sure Tom will be recalculating budget this week as there will be far less than predicted just 6 weeks ago.

So where would that leave you Stan? Half the fans see you as someone to take on Ron. Comments like we need a CEO or manger that "stands up to the chairman" means you'll be expected to do the same. Even if you could or did thats a task you can't win.

Yes we are at our lowest point but the ship is still afloat. If people really want to save the club then wave those red cards at the council later this month. A green light for FF means you get red of Ron the quickest and the easiest way. Those that want pitch invasions and point deductions are trying to scuttle a perfectly good ship because they don't like the captain. The problem is we will all go down with it.

Wait your time Stan. I would much rather see you with a smile on your face it Stan's bar at FF. Something similar to Jim's bar at Fleetwood because you and the fans had a big say in the planning of it all.

My problem is this: I believe that many of the issues the club is facing today are result of Ron not always having the resources available to match his ambitions.
Will Stan further fuel Ron's ambitions or put a brake on them?
Our immediate ambitions should just be survival and financial consolidation. We do not need a highly qualified manager who will want to bring in his own staff who would all need to be paid off if it all ends in tears before the end of the season.
Of course, I respect SVC's knowledge and passion but football is inexact science, and, while I accept that more likely than not he will make good decisions he is not infallible.
Would he have recommended Steve Tilson to Ron in 2003?

I am open and happy for Stan to play an role for our club and help to get us back on our feet. Watching us losing and going downhill was too much for my mental health in last 3 years. I am sure I am not the only one!

It’s a yes from me, albeit a cautious yes. It could of course all end in tears, but something has to change and perhaps this will prove to be the catalyst to change for the better. However for it to work everyone has to pull together and in the same direction, including us fans.

A drowning man will grab anything to save himself and I can understand why so many people on this forum are prepared to go along with Stan Collymore's obviously sincere belief that he can help to revive our fortunes, especially as there do not appear to be any other options. Brown had clearly lost his way and had to go but whoever eventually replaces him will inherit a poisoned chalice which is of the chairman's making. As long as Martin is there it will take a miracle to turn this around and he is going nowhere.

I voted not sure .But on seeing the Zoom and what he had to say .Providing Ron plays along with what Stan has to say then its yes im now 100% behind all he said .

Let's hope it all works out and the next manager does well but don't forget the last time Ron took outside advice on a manager it ended in disaster.

The saddest thing in the last decade was see Chris Powell hiding in his dugout a beaten man. A club legend abused and back stabbed by the same people who are cheering you now. You might want to read some comments about CP before you open your heart to all on here.

Your ideas about structure would have had the time and money to work when we finished 7th in L1 but now we don't have the time or the money...I'm sure Tom will be recalculating budget this week as there will be far less than predicted just 6 weeks ago.

So where would that leave you Stan? Half the fans see you as someone to take on Ron. Comments like we need a CEO or manger that "stands up to the chairman" means you'll be expected to do the same. Even if you could or did thats a task you can't win.

Yes we are at our lowest point but the ship is still afloat. If people really want to save the club then wave those red cards at the council later this month. A green light for FF means you get red of Ron the quickest and the easiest way. Those that want pitch invasions and point deductions are trying to scuttle a perfectly good ship because they don't like the captain. The problem is we will all go down with it.

Wait your time Stan. I would much rather see you with a smile on your face it Stan's bar at FF. Something similar to Jim's bar at Fleetwood because you and the fans had a big say in the planning of it all.
I feel like that, I get scared whenever someone says to have Barrett as manager. My favourite all time player, I would be devastated if it didn't work out for him.

Let's hope it all works out and the next manager does well but don't forget the last time Ron took outside advice on a manager it ended in disaster.
Back then it was just Ron going all giddy over 'Arry. This time Ron will have Tom and Gary Lockett involved as well as Stan (and Stan is a different beast to 'Arry). A very different scenario.

Back then it was just Ron going all giddy over 'Arry. This time Ron will have Tom and Gary Lockett involved as well as Stan (and Stan is a different beast to 'Arry). A very different scenario.
Let's hope so one has a forty odd year's experience in management and the other has not employed a manager before as far as I know.

I think this IS the time that we need Stan on board. We need as many good people onboard as Ron is willing to involve. Ron needs to let such people steer the ship in the right direction for once and get the crew pulling in the right direction while he worries about the developments and the council.

And as for 'a perfectly good ship'... you must be kidding, The ship is taking on water by the barrel load, the timbers are creaking and the sails are close to being shredded. It needs fixing by the right people.

Back