• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
5 million quid from sainsburys, the biggest gates in lge 2, good income from player sales -

all our players on lge 2 money (salary cap) and sitting on a retail site worth zillions - tax man paid off -

I cannot understand why anyone would believe for one minute we are broke -

I cannot understand why anyone would look at our situation and think for one minute we aren't broke...

Last edited:
Surely this cant be a serious question?

Next you will be telling us that we are going to sign the likes of drogba or maybe beckham , i mean he is looking for a club.

We are not just skint we are robbing peter and knocking paul!

Not the biggest gates in League 2 by a mile. With a decent side there is the potential to be in the top 3 attendance wise.

Bradford City 10780
2 Oxford United 7250
3 Port Vale 6452
4 Chesterfield 6324
5 Shrewsbury Town 5745
6 Bury 5441
7 Southend United 5195

Our gates may be better than some but if there are 3500 season card holders fully paid up there were 1500 supporters paying at the gate on Saturday. That is not much of an income even after allowing for hospitality and like. It is difficult to see any improvement in the near future so fingers crossed that Ron hasn`t spent Sainsbury`s pot.

I cannot understand why anyone would look at our situation and think for one minute we aren't broke...

well i did give my reasons - but will repeat it if you want - SAINSBURYS - DECENT GATES - PLAYERS SALES -

what makes you think we are skint ? any reasons/evidence ?

Our gates may be better than some but if there are 3500 season card holders fully paid up there were 1500 supporters paying at the gate on Saturday. That is not much of an income even after allowing for hospitality and like. It is difficult to see any improvement in the near future so fingers crossed that Ron hasn`t spent Sainsbury`s pot.

this fella agrees with me .....

well i did give my reasons - but will repeat it if you want - SAINSBURYS - DECENT GATES - PLAYERS SALES -

what makes you think we are skint ? any reasons/evidence ?

The fact that we spent the tail-end of last season not paying our players, being hit with winding up orders and being hauled in front of the winders court was a pretty big clue. The concerned noises eminating from the club during the recent spell of postponed home games was also a fairly prominent cause for alarm, too.

You keep mentioning this "£5m credit facility", yet you seem completely incapable of acknowledging the fact that the vast majority of this was spent settling historic debts, and the rest of it is, more than likely, being used to keep us afloat during this season. Is there any particular reason why you want us to spend this all in one go?

The fact that we spent the tail-end of last season not paying our players, being hit with winding up orders and being hauled in front of the winders court was a pretty big clue. The concerned noises eminating from the club during the recent spell of postponed home games was also a fairly prominent cause for alarm, too.

You keep mentioning this "£5m credit facility", yet you seem completely incapable of acknowledging the fact that the vast majority of this was spent settling historic debts, and the rest of it is, more than likely, being used to keep us afloat during this season. Is there any particular reason why you want us to spend this all in one go?

we paid all our bills otherwise the tax man would have shut us down .......... wouldn't he ...... ?

we chose not to pay the players/managerment ..... ..........no sooner were they successfully binned off than suddenly we announced Hey Presto, Surprise surprise !!! we have suddenly, just like that, come into 5 million quid -

How about Solicitors fees planning costs and keeping our heads above water if expenditure exceeds income income?

Ohhhhhhhhhh PURLEASE !! ........... we all like to sort our mates out for a drink if we have a bit of luck but come on - have a look around ....... all these other tiny weeny football clubs are managing ok - and most of them have not sold a decent palyer for years - the "planning/admin/legal" costs have been added to every accounts since about 2004 ....... not evena fool like me could spend more than 200k on it

we paid all our bills otherwise the tax man would have shut us down .......... wouldn't he ...... ?

we chose not to pay the players/managerment ..... ..........no sooner were they successfully binned off than suddenly we announced Hey Presto, Surprise surprise !!! we have suddenly, just like that, come into 5 million quid -

Isn't the £5m to fund the club over the whole season (and close season) - so after the £3m to the tax man we'll be down to around £1m - but that will be to fund the shortfall between income and expenditure over the next 7 months. Plus remember the £5m is probably borrowed, rather than a gift, so if you can avoid spending it it is probably a wise thing.

Back