• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't want to be overly provocative but has it occurred to you that you have been mugged ?

Isn't the £5m to fund the club over the whole season (and close season) - so after the £3m to the tax man we'll be down to around £1m - but that will be to fund the shortfall between income and expenditure over the next 7 months. Plus remember the £5m is probably borrowed, rather than a gift, so if you can avoid spending it it is probably a wise thing.

so we have got money then??????

remember we are in the same league as Morecombe and big bad boys like Aldershot and Macclesfield - have they got a million left over ??????

Isn't the £5m to fund the club over the whole season (and close season) - so after the £3m to the tax man we'll be down to around £1m - but that will be to fund the shortfall between income and expenditure over the next 7 months. Plus remember the £5m is probably borrowed, rather than a gift, so if you can avoid spending it it is probably a wise thing.

The £5 million is an advance of some of the money we are going to get for RH.

Seriously this is a crap thread .. WE HAVE NO MONEY .. FACT. END OF

Now stop repeating the same old stuff over and over or i shall be forced to lock it

Hi Blueblood - it looks like I have successfully made my point then ;-)

it is of course terribly terribly dissappointing that your entire and most intelligent contribution to the discussion, is this "WE HAVE NO MONEY .. FACT. END OF"

and will I be banned for saying the unsayable ????

it is of course terribly terribly dissappointing that your entire and most intelligent contribution to the discussion, is this "WE HAVE NO MONEY .. FACT. END OF"

Instead of starting yet another thread why not just post on one of the many "We have no money --- why ? " threads that already exist.

Sorry but i don't get you, how have you successfully made your point?? .. the club has is and will continue to haemmorage money while it continues to juggle historical debt, This has been done to death a million times or more but here we go again .. apparently then Vic Jobson sold the club to Uncle Ron the books showed a debt of something like £2m, whereas the true debt is/was something like £8m .. now its been argued over that these debts have been cleared by the current administration but without conclusive proof of that being so

You ask are we being had over?? Possibly, but legally you need to be very careful how it is worded .. Historically have we?? I think it fair to say our club has been robbed raped and pillaged since at least the mid 70s by a succession of people .. and some of it legally by way of players being paid ridiculous amounts of money for very little output

Instead of starting yet another thread why not just post on one of the many "We have no money --- why ? " threads that already exist.

oh very sorry - can you show me one - ?

I have had a little look back thru 5 pages but could not see it as a topic anywhere ......

I remember the west stand singing "wheres the money gone" after Eastwood went - some questions remain the same -

look forward to your help with this sir

Sorry but i don't get you, how have you successfully made your point?? .. the club has is and will continue to haemmorage money while it continues to juggle historical debt, This has been done to death a million times or more but here we go again .. apparently then Vic Jobson sold the club to Uncle Ron the books showed a debt of something like £2m, whereas the true debt is/was something like £8m .. now its been argued over that these debts have been cleared by the current administration but without conclusive proof of that being so

You ask are we being had over?? Possibly, but legally you need to be very careful how it is worded .. Historically have we?? I think it fair to say our club has been robbed raped and pillaged since at least the mid 70s by a succession of people .. and some of it legally by way of players being paid ridiculous amounts of money for very little output

if you are scared of the LEGAL consequences of my posts tell me straight ....... has the zone been threatened ?

so we have got money then??????

remember we are in the same league as Morecombe and big bad boys like Aldershot and Macclesfield - have they got a million left over ??????

We have enough money to last the season. I have no idea on the budgets/income/expenditure of Aldershot etc. Remember we haven't got a million left over - we are going to have to borrow another million to last the season

I look forward to Southend United putting in a late bid for Kenny Miller, as his £750,000 asking price and comparitively small wage of between £50,000 - £70,000 a week will hardly make a dent in our multi-million pound fortune for the season, which as everyone knows is kept safely in the biscuit tin at the bottom of Paul Sturrock's bed.

We haven't even taken into account the flea market income either.

We have put a squd together in 2 weeks - we are mid table - very commendable! Sainsburys are going to build their biggest European store at roots hall - the move to fossets can only go ahead.. I really think we still have a few very interesting years ahead ;)

I look forward to Southend United putting in a late bid for Kenny Miller, as his £750,000 asking price and comparitively small wage of between £50,000 - £70,000 a week will hardly make a dent in our multi-million pound fortune for the season, which as everyone knows is kept safely in the biscuit tin at the bottom of Paul Sturrock's bed.

We haven't even taken into account the flea market income either.

the reason why league 2 was so attractive to RM was because of the salary cap - so unless you were perhaps being sarcastic - we cannot spend much of the Sainsburys millions on the football side of the club -

to be a complete bore I am sure RM took us down for this very reason

We have put a squd together in 2 weeks - we are mid table - very commendable! Sainsburys are going to build their biggest European store at roots hall - the move to fossets can only go ahead.. I really think we still have a few very interesting years ahead ;)

hope so - and I have nothing against Sturrock or his son or any of the players (not even all the scottish ones) at RH - and I hope we can make the play offs this year -

but we are not broke

Rayleigh Boy are you for real or are you someone else in disguise! It is obvious that we are short of money, the sainsbury money was detailed in press reports and was used to clear debts (some of) with the crowds we are getting paying an average of £15 per ticket (kids and adults) we get less than £100k coming in per home game as only around 1500 are day ticket payers. We still have debts to others that are hopefully being paid back.
I suggest you stop making silly comments and that the administrators of the site close this thread down!

Back