• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RM has said in the past that he's having to put in £100k per month to keep the Club afloat. I'm pretty sure he doesn't have that money so it's safe to assume that that is coming from the Sainsburys credit facility that Rayleigh boy loves to bring up (and up and up and up). Considering the bulk of that money was spent on keeping us from being wound up, I'd guess that we'll do well if the £5m lasts us through 2011....

the reason why league 2 was so attractive to RM was because of the salary cap - so unless you were perhaps being sarcastic - we cannot spend much of the Sainsburys millions on the football side of the club -

to be a complete bore I am sure RM took us down for this very reason

THAT'S IT! I SEE IT NOW!

All part of the master plan. Clearly Ron's plan to achieve Championship football in a new stadium and sell for millions was never an option. He just presided over that 2/3 seasons to get us all on his side, and then systematically destroyed the club and drove us into League 2 just so that we could operate under a salary cap. The part about him having to subsidise the club through this time, borrowing against future income and getting into hock with Sainsburys was all totally intentional. After all, the salary cap has a massive plus, doesn't it, that way he doesn't have to fork out thousands per week on wages to one prima donna. No, what he has achieved - an absolute stroke of genius (I think) - is to NOT make any money from the development itself and at the same time driven himself and his associated companies to the brink of bankruptcy, just so he can operate under a League 2 wage cap.

:headbang:

The thing about conspiracy theories is that there is usually an ulterior motive that is beneficial to the person or persons accused. Unfortunately, with yours, I can see absolutely no way on earth that Ron could come out of this better off by executing this master plan of taking us up 2 divisions and then down again. Whilst there are tons of anti-Ron posters on here, you're the only one I think who thinks that this was intentional from the start and part of his plan. However, I don't recall you ever saying why.

What are we missing?

IIRC the sainsbury 5 M was announced after RM said that he was trying to secure funds to cover both the historic debts and operating costs over the next 2 years.

So I would imagine thats the 5M taken care of

Also, regarding the season ticket money, the club has for years used a financing company to borrow against the next years season tickets (This came out after the finance company, Charterhouse ? ) took us to court over an unpaid debt. That would indicate that this seasons season ticket money , has been used to pay off a debt and I doubt whether we would have been able to borrow much, if anything against next years given our financial position.

That means we are solely reliant on pay per game supporters , which probably total around the 2000 mark per home game (ave ticket price 12 Quid = 24K per game) .

This will seriously eat into the Sainsbury subsidy mentioned above, the cost cutting / redundancies which have been going on over recent months tends to back this up.

Can't think this is necessarily worth a new thread.

Out of interest, as I can't see if it was noted anywhere, but did we know that Ray Osborne is now off the board? His resignation/removal was posted at Companies House on 22/12/2010. :unsure:

Ray Osborne from the Echo early last year.

It was nice of the OS to announce this & for RM to "thunk Roy for his tyreless ufforts on behalve of the Fussball Clob over the p1ssed 200 years". Unless of course I missed that moving tribute.

The board is now Ron, Tara, Geoff, Mark Mark & Frank Skoda, sorry VW (they all look the same!).

Can't think this is necessarily worth a new thread.

Out of interest, as I can't see if it was noted anywhere, but did we know that Ray Osborne is now off the board? His resignation/removal was posted at Companies House on 22/12/2010. :unsure:

Ray Osborne from the Echo early last year.

It was nice of the OS to announce this & for RM to "thunk Roy for his tyreless ufforts on behalve of the Fussball Clob over the p1ssed 200 years". Unless of course I missed that moving tribute.

The board is now Ron, Tara, Geoff, Mark Mark & Frank Skoda, sorry VW (they all look the same!).

Which board as Tara and Geoff are not on a SUFC football board.

Which board as Tara and Geoff are not on a SUFC football board.
Yes they are.

Tara ra boom de ay's appointment was registered on 14/12/2010. The statement about Geoff IIRC I'm sure only said he was leaving as Chief Executive & said nothing about his board seat.

Yes they are.

Tara ra boom de ay's appointment was registered on 14/12/2010. The statement about Geoff IIRC I'm sure only said he was leaving as Chief Executive & said nothing about his board seat.

Oh right I thought Tara only joined the new stadium board and Geoff was off to MD

Oh right I thought Tara only joined the new stadium board and Geoff was off to MD
Yes. Ron, Geoff & Tara are the 3 directors of Soccer Stadium PLC.

It, to date, has just been registered to trade & borrow. Nothing else on the system.

I'm reply number 49 on this thread.

Can I just add to this.

Yes, I think we are, any suggestion that board meetings are involving lighting fat Cubans with £50 notes or money fights happening may be a little far fetched.

If Ron had a secret stash of cash he could use to keep the Club even treading water then he'd use it. He certainly didn't gain from the number of trips to the Courts last season and had he turned up in front of the wrong Judge on the wrong day he could have lost control of the whole Club. He's many things but he's not an idiot.

He also wouldn't have chosen to have taken the money which was supposed to be his earnings for the sale of Roots Hall and spent it on the football club. I'm sure he could have found a much better way of spending that £5m.

Back