• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you want Brown next season

Do you want Brown to stay?

• Total voters
I have voted yes. If he is here next season, it means he will have a working budget at that level. If he isn't, then whoever we have, I would predict another difficult season.

PB knows Ron, he knows the club and he sounds sincere about wanting to be here. I also think based on the performances he got out of the squad in the 6 games he was here, he has shown he knows how to coach players.

I think he would have as good a chance as anyone to get us back, probably a better one.

I would make the same qualifying term to him being here, as he has stated on the budget.

Phil if you take the job, then you take it on the basis you are here to see the job through, not to use us as a platform to get a position at a league club. You have made your demands, the club should make theirs.

Taken on with that mutual understanding would be a good solid base to work from.

We just need to back him signing better players in the summer than we got right now.

100%, definitely the right character we need.
I think Phil will be perfect for this task.

My only concern, his budget demands needs to be aligned with what we can afford.

Paying the players, bills and the taxman on time is as important as getting the right manager in...

Its gonna take years to repair our reputation, Ron needs to make sure that everything balances and payment problems is now history

Yes for me. I believe that Phil has grown to love Southend and we are in his heart and part of his life. He has spoken very passionately about not just our club but also the importance of the voice of the fans! He is on our side and qualified to do the job in my opinion

Guy is clearly not up to scratch as a manager, given his last couple of jobs and his last year with us. You can put the last few good results down to the new manager bounce, which always reverts to the mean in time.

Thought we played ok, but leaving Akinola and AnG out of the squad when they are contracted players next season was a real eye opener. Clearly made his mind up on them without giving them a chance to prove him wrong. Shocking.

That said, I do not want the usual Ron two month recruitment process and I suppose it is better the devil you know. I hope RD and Fagan will have a good handle on recruitment because Brown does not know this level, he hasn't managed in England for 2 years and the 2008 Rothman's yearbook won't help him.

Yes, I think Brown, Fagan and Duncan make a good team, all bringing something to the party and lets face it what is the alternative? Interesting in that Brown just talking on BBC Essex sounded like he was already in, saying that some contracts will be paid off early..........

Guy is clearly not up to scratch as a manager, given his last couple of jobs and his last year with us. You can put the last few good results down to the new manager bounce, which always reverts to the mean in time.

Thought we played ok, but leaving Akinola and AnG out of the squad when they are contracted players next season was a real eye opener. Clearly made his mind up on them without giving them a chance to prove him wrong. Shocking.

That said, I do not want the usual Ron two month recruitment process and I suppose it is better the devil you know. I hope RD and Fagan will have a good handle on recruitment because Brown does not know this level, he hasn't managed in England for 2 years and the 2008 Rothman's yearbook won't help him.
When brown joined us last time how quickly did we get players in pre season? So far back I can’t remember

Yes, I think Brown, Fagan and Duncan make a good team, all bringing something to the party and lets face it what is the alternative? Interesting in that Brown just talking on BBC Essex sounded like he was already in, saying that some contracts will be paid off early..........
I think Duncan prefers the youth team though. Im sure he has said that in the past

He has just said if he does get he job, there are a core of players here he would keep and some contracts that would be ripped up.

If Akinola and AnG aren't here next season, I personally won't be sorry, but that's just my personal opinion.

If they make way for more effective players with a better end product, assists in AnG's case and goals in Akinola's then I would take that as a move in the right direction.

Back