• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you want Brown next season

Do you want Brown to stay?

• Total voters
Guy is clearly not up to scratch as a manager, given his last couple of jobs and his last year with us. You can put the last few good results down to the new manager bounce, which always reverts to the mean in time.

Thought we played ok, but leaving Akinola and AnG out of the squad when they are contracted players next season was a real eye opener. Clearly made his mind up on them without giving them a chance to prove him wrong. Shocking.

That said, I do not want the usual Ron two month recruitment process and I suppose it is better the devil you know. I hope RD and Fagan will have a good handle on recruitment because Brown does not know this level, he hasn't managed in England for 2 years and the 2008 Rothman's yearbook won't help him.
Well Ricky Duncan said it was like a breath of fresh air having Phil back and that Phil was a very infectious character that got a great reaction from all those around him

Guy is clearly not up to scratch as a manager, given his last couple of jobs and his last year with us. You can put the last few good results down to the new manager bounce, which always reverts to the mean in time.

Thought we played ok, but leaving Akinola and AnG out of the squad when they are contracted players next season was a real eye opener. Clearly made his mind up on them without giving them a chance to prove him wrong. Shocking.

That said, I do not want the usual Ron two month recruitment process and I suppose it is better the devil you know. I hope RD and Fagan will have a good handle on recruitment because Brown does not know this level, he hasn't managed in England for 2 years and the 2008 Rothman's yearbook won't help him.

Akinola and ANG have had plenty of time to prove thselves and have been found lacking.

Last edited:
Yes, I think Brown, Fagan and Duncan make a good team, all bringing something to the party and lets face it what is the alternative? Interesting in that Brown just talking on BBC Essex sounded like he was already in, saying that some contracts will be paid off early..........
One of them presumably the bloke who scored 16 goals in the National League last time he was in it.

Yes, I think Brown, Fagan and Duncan make a good team, all bringing something to the party and lets face it what is the alternative? Interesting in that Brown just talking on BBC Essex sounded like he was already in, saying that some contracts will be paid off early..........
The alternative? Darren Currie? Graham Coughlan? There are decent managers out there. But as I say, I can't bear another Ron recruitment process.

Absolutely yes.

With the risk of stroking his already inflated ego, a club in the non-league would be lucky to have a manager with his experience, his knowledge of the game and quite frankly his management skills. I know he isn't everybody's cup of tea but for me the stark contrast in performance levels since he took over is telling. With PB in charge we'd have a much better chance of a quick return to the football league than without him. I'd very much like both Duncan and Fagan to remain involved as well.

Get your finger out Ron and get the man tied down.

phil brown just said on radio should know early newt week if he is staying or going talking with chairman ron over weekend

Never been a fan of PB knowing his treatment of players at times but he has made a difference since he took over so I don’t give him a go.

He needs to bring in a couple of wily (not old) players, like a big strong striker and a tough taking CM to give some guile and strength down the middle

I would prefer to see what's available first. It's not an instant yes to Brown. He did have a role in getting the team in decline with bad signings and that's not been forgotten.

Issue is Martin has taken far too long to appoint in the past which has been one of the issues so there might be at least some advantage to just hire Brown.

I would like a look at Darren Currie again but seems he's at Sheffield United now with Coughlan.

I would prefer to see what's available first. It's not an instant yes to Brown. He did have a role in getting the team in decline with bad signings and that's not been forgotten.

Issue is Martin has taken far too long to appoint in the past which has been one of the issues so there might be at least some advantage to just hire Brown.

I would like a look at Darren Currie again but seems he's at Sheffield United now with Coughlan.

We don't have the time. We need to be doing the absolute opposite of what we've done the past few seasons, and get laying the groundwork early. Get Brown tied down, and then I want the retained/released list published by next Friday. Hit the ground at full pelt, no hanging around.

He has rubbed me up the wrong way in the past but he's a known quantity, and there is no doubting that he has made a positive difference since coming in.

We would be absolutely daft to do a repeat of this years pre-season and dither round while other clubs are making moves, we have a great chance here to get him tied down and hit the ground running.

Listen to Ricky Duncan talk about PB, also the way Cordner, Holmes and Egbri has. But most importantly, watch the way the play on the pitch. The last 3 games have been enjoyable to watch, all unbeaten. I never thought after the **** we put up with all season that I could say that I started to enjoy it, it's been great last couple games actually watching us have decent passages of play.

Ricky, Craig and PB have already started studying the National. Identifying players as well. Give PB and his sexy little scarf a contract and lets get ****ing moving

He has just said if he does get he job, there are a core of players here he would keep and some contracts that would be ripped up.

If Akinola and AnG aren't here next season, I personally won't be sorry, but that's just my personal opinion.

If they make way for more effective players with a better end product, assists in AnG's case and goals in Akinola's then I would take that as a move in the right direction.

ANG for me is a very frustrating player. Akinola I really can't understand Brown's antipathy for. He hasn't got the goals but he's been our most effective attacking player for most of the season, and got 16 goals in the NL last year.

If it's about attitude then it shows how Brown is out of his depth. Akinola sat patiently on the sidelines for three months while Ron ****ed about with the embargo and never showed his frustration. Braintree and Barnet fans will tell you what a good player he is at that level. Brown clearly isn't interested in reading anyone's back story.

Can only think there's been a barney, but he could have least have given him a couple of games to prove himself.

Anyway, I am sure Brown will bring in someone who will score more than that next season for peanuts.

Well Ricky Duncan said it was like a breath of fresh air having Phil back and that Phil was a very infectious character that got a great reaction from all those around him
Yep and how many players from Brown's previous spell would agree?

If we can get the squad right get rid of the unwanted players I fancy us next season

Back