• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

maninasuitcase

President
We often see rumours from people claiming to know someone connected with the club saying, that they had heard that so and so would be joining etc.

If you work for Southend, do you have to sign a confidentiality agreement?

I would imagine that most potential players Luggy speaks to would be away from Roots Hall, so there isn't a queue of footballers outside his office, and I guess physicals would be done at the training ground.

I would think it unlikely that most club employees don't get to hear the comings and goings of various players, and if they did, they would be expected to keep this in confidence.

It is astonshing how many people on here claim to have contacts within the club - do they club have an amazingly large number of backroom staff who are constantly blabbing off to all and sundry or is it just the one person who has of lots of friends on here and regularly feeds each of them contradictory pieces of information?

My lad is doing work experience there in a couple of months, he's been told that everything he hears and sees must not be discussed (even with his dad). He wont be old enough to sign a legally binding agreement.

It is astonshing how many people on here claim to have contacts within the club - do they club have an amazingly large number of backroom staff who are constantly blabbing off to all and sundry or is it just the one person who has of lots of friends on here and regularly feeds each of them contradictory pieces of information?

Is it though? We have nearly 3,500 members. Hardly surprising that a few of those might be connected to the club or have access to the people in it. Even before the Wee Birdie started posting, we have always known that the club takes a keen interest in this site.

The only astonishing thing for me was the number of golf caddy's employed by Steve Tilson. He must have gone through them like Ricketts on Mars Bars.

Is it though? We have nearly 3,500 members. Hardly surprising that a few of those might be connected to the club or have access to the people in it. Even before the Wee Birdie started posting, we have always known that the club takes a keen interest in this site.

The only astonishing thing for me was the number of golf caddy's employed by Steve Tilson. He must have gone through them like Ricketts on Mars Bars.

The info people claim to have been informed of is usually related either to the financial situation or on player negotiations. There can only be a limited number of people within SUFC who are aware of that sort of info and how many of them are likely to leak it on regular basis knowing it would get in the public domain and still keep their job after years of doing this?

My lad is doing work experience there in a couple of months, he's been told that everything he hears and sees must not be discussed (even with his dad). He wont be old enough to sign a legally binding agreement.

I seem to remember that when Shrimper Apes worked in the shop, she was hauled over the coals for having an SZ membership. Under Tilson in his later time, there definitely seemed to be an expectation that no-one who worked for the club in any way was to pass on any information - I think that was probably more Martin than Tilson, but Tilson was known to dislike any "fraternisation" between players and supporters on the interweb.

My cousin's brother's roommate's sister's tennis partner's dog used to be Ricky Otto's getaway driver.

I don't know anyone who works for the club. But I do have sauces in the staff canteen

Back