• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

Little bit of honest feedback ... I wouldn't call it a documentary about Southend United. There is no story or timeline structure. 5 minutes in, there is a reference to the club being wound up in court in 10 days' time ... obviously, as a fan, I know this was recorded last season etc but to people who don't know, they will now think we will go bust but on the 23rd August this isn't the case ... so a bit of misinformation there.

I really think if you added some structure and context as to when interviews were recorded and could demonstrate where in the timeline things were happening, it would really help this video out. the style of filming doesn't provide much scale of the club. if you had no idea who Southend are, this same video could have been about a semi-pro side.

If I were you, i'd take all your great footage and add some history at the start and add some dates and timelines to it. it will really help to show the gravity of what is going on and show that the fans have been long-suffering and not just throwing their toys out the pram because we are now non-league

(I'm more than happy to help out btw, drop me a DM)

But with that said, it is a very nice love letter about the club and as a fan it's a nice watch, albeit quite sad. shows how much the club means to the fans

After such a long wait I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest, it maybe needed something more 'punchy' to end it on (perhaps something more around the protests than the brief pic or two put in). Passionate fans certainly, but after all this time its probably a bit out of date albeit that sadly of course the problem it all centres on is still there.

Background music which one or two have mentioned works for me tho i do prefer 'American Beauty' which was used for this to mark the end of our EFL tenure

Anyway, top marks for persistence.
Wow Wow Wow. That brought a tear to my eye. Just like looking back through the family photos and remembering past relatives. I was there for most of it. :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Does anyone have a YouTube link please? the embedded video isn't working for me 😟

So sad to see. Having not been to the area for a good couple of years now, (I think the last home game I went to was the 2-0 win over Bromley), I cant believe how run down and decrepit Roots Hall, the training ground and the general surrounding area of Southend has become.

Good insight into how the fans feel, looking forward to the next part.

If anyone has a spare 20 minutes, dive in! Any feedback is welcome!
Only just got around to watching this and I thought it was great. I don't know what some people were expecting. As I see it, we are not really the target audience because we are all feeling the same emotions as those appearing in the video. It communicates the effect the threatened loss of a much loved entity, with over 100 years of history, can have on those that support it though, and that's important. I look forward to part 2.

Only just got around to watching this and I thought it was great. I don't know what some people were expecting. As I see it, we are not really the target audience because we are all feeling the same emotions as those appearing in the video. It communicates the effect the threatened loss of a much loved entity, with over 100 years of history, can have on those that support it though, and that's important. I look forward to part 2.

Thank you, we have 6 episodes in the pipeline. Sadly due to my banning order I can’t do them all. But there will be a lot of content coming out from the team over the next 3 months!

After such a long wait I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest, it maybe needed something more 'punchy' to end it on (perhaps something more around the protests than the brief pic or two put in). Passionate fans certainly, but after all this time its probably a bit out of date albeit that sadly of course the problem it all centres on is still there.

Background music which one or two have mentioned works for me tho i do prefer 'American Beauty' which was used for this to mark the end of our EFL tenure

Anyway, top marks for persistence.

You’re welcome to be underwhelmed. The legal battle I’ve been embroiled in since January 22nd has cost me nearly £5,000, plus the cost of getting it made. It’s not about the money and I’m happy with it. EP2 is very current, and more about the summer! This would have been a lot further along had we not of been scuppered by others Feb - July.

It's not really a documentary is it? Not really a story either? Is it a teaser for something? If so, it's long.

It's fans talking about how they are rightfully annoyed about their football club. Couldn't really pick out an arc. Sort of vox pops which were good, then there's a banner on a roof.

Not expecting something like an all or nothing or a welcome to Wrexham, but imagined there would be a hook.

Why did some people get intros and some not? Bit inconsistent.I assume crate is Jack? Why no inintroduction?

Not knocking the effort of actually making something. Clearly there's been some work put in (from reading the credits alone)

Considering the talk in the lead up, just wasn't what I thought it would be.

We got massively restricted, on what we could and could not put out. Simple as that!

But EP2 onwards is a lot more current and news worthy, and will continue to be over the next few months as we put, 2, 3 and 4 out!

Back