• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

But Ron is owed £20m.
How would you deal with that before the money comes in from the property sales?
Genuinely interested in how you think this can be done.

I dont think RM is owed a penny .... the "debt" is just fancy accounting.

He would be nowhere without SUFC - no planning permissions, no RH, no FF, no annual cash rake off from the substantial business that is SUFC ..

He has been mugging off the fan base with the I put in zillions for years -

He would be nowhere without SUFC - no planning permissions, no RH, no FF, no annual cash rake off from the substantial business that is SUFC ..

It doesn't matter how many times it's explained to you does it?

There is no substantial business in sufc that's why it's in such a mess. Its turnover is 7 million a year, but costs 9 million to run it. It needs 2 millio a year put in to keep it going.

It doesn't matter how many times it's explained to you does it?

explain what ?

How we ended up in the national league ?

You know nothing more than anyone else ...

but I will remind you that RM himself boasted about receiving the 5 million quid from Sainsburys

and that in 2019 SUFC turned over 7 million quid - while Boreham wood managed to turn over 1,5 milion

As someone said "Ever had the feeling you've been had"

There is no substantial business in sufc that's why it's in such a mess. Its turnover is 7 million a year, but costs 9 million to run it. It needs 2 millio a year put in to keep it going.

keep pumping out the propaganda .. ..

I glad you believe all the bollox - I don't.

You want to wake up to the realities of business and accounting -

and even check out how cash inducements are used to make deals happen when it comes to player sales ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last week, when I was making the documentary. I wanted to interview Carl Reader. At the time Carl was unable to talk or have a conversation due to his most recent attempt to engage RM with correspondence.

Away from the documentary, I've just interviewed Carl Reader for 45 minutes (remotely) which I will be editing and making available to view this evening or tomorrow once I have finished my work commitments.

Until recently (and I have commented on it on SZ) I was unsure of where Carl funding was going to be coming from and how it would work. Having now spoken to him an length (Which I thank him for his time) I now fully understand his position, his partners and how they will not only look to invest a 9 figure sum (£100M +) to acquire all of the developments and the football club, but how he will run it with a 20 year investment backed cycle not a 5 year or in our current case 24 year backed debt cycle.

I was also unaware of Carl experience of running a football club. Not sure if it has been documented here previously about what he did with Hungerford but now I've taken the time to research that I find it very interesting.

Just for clarity, before first reaching out to Carl 10 days ago, I did not know who he was, I had not met him and today is the first time we have spoken on any matters directly regarding the football club.

I find it interesting, very interesting how privately he has reached out to RM to provide him with an NDA to sign purely so Carl can share the Billion £ worth of wealth in the fund but is yet to respond to him, except the day after he initially went public for wanting to buy the football club last year.

Touch wood I will get the interview up and out on YouTube this evening if not it will be tomorrow, just need to edit some bits out of it.
Is there a link?

Ron would not sell for anywhere near £100 mil, the whole project is worth a lot more. Even if Ron dies, it is probably left to his son? There's no chance his son sells either with the pot of gold in the near distance.

I'd love to see Carl's plans, which he won't share with anyone... No pension fund, or any healthy minded person, would approve an investment that guarantees a loss of £1.4million a year in the 5th tier of English Football.
He would surely consider at this price. His age has to come into it. If he waits it out to build the stadium it could take another 5 years to complete the new stadium and the sale to go through. He would be 75 by then. Things could also go wrong in that 5 year period (delays to the stadium build, who knows another massive financial crash in that period).

If he sold for £100 mil now he could retire and his family be set up for generations.

and even check out how cash inducements are used to make deals happen when it comes to player sales ...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Respectfully, you've shared your opinion. Multiple times. Guess what? We all get it.

You don't like him and don't agree with any of his decisions. You know how we all know this? I can search posts by you and its all the same.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, and I can't speak for others but I'm bored of reading the same old ****e.

You've made your point on this matter. How about making some other points on other issues.

Let the light in. Consistently putting out bad vibes isn't good for the soul.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
This is ironic considering you still think that Ron actually takes cash out of the club every year.

explain what ?

How we ended up in the national league ?

You know nothing more than anyone else ...

but I will remind you that RM himself boasted about receiving the 5 million quid from Sainsburys

and that in 2019 SUFC turned over 7 million quid - while Boreham wood managed to turn over 1,5 milion

As someone said "Ever had the feeling you've been had"
:Headbang:

Isn’t most of the debt to Ron supposed to be rent payments for Roots Hall which have never been paid.

With the state of Roots Hall as it is and has been for a number of years the Club would have a case to withhold any payments until the stadium is made fit for purpose…

Isn’t most of the debt to Ron supposed to be rent payments for Roots Hall which have never been paid.

With the state of Roots Hall as it is and has been for a number of years the Club would have a case to withhold any payments until the stadium is made fit for purpose…

Its really really simple. The club dont make any payments. Ron doesn't call in the charges but they sit on the account as a debt owed for a couple of reasons.

1. It solidifies his position of owner, as with the balance sheet showing significant debt, we are less attractive to potential investment or a sale.

2. The debt is owed to his companies, meaning their balance sheets look better for having such large sums owed. It improves those companies position in terms of securing finance.

Also, playing devils advocate, even if this wasn't the case, when you say the club should withhold payment, you do realise that means Ron withholds payment to Ron? It just doesn't make any sense.

So had a look at the number of residential units.

Fossets
Total units 1,461 units made up of Stadium, Gatehouse (entrance of Fossets Way) and the 1,114 in the "main" part of the development. This has now increased by 42 with the hotel going and more residential in the stadium. So 1,503.

RH
502 units so just over 2,000 in total?

Rigsby makes an interesting point re the stadium and that needing to be accounted for in terms of the price/profitability of the development.

"The difference is a stadium must also be built along with training, facilities and the domes etc. Lets say that bit is £50m."

This is an interesting question. The North Stand now incorporates 182 +42 = 224 housing units. Maybe an end value of £40m? So you have the 3 sides to build and then a North Stand that you could argue is at worst "self-funding". So I wonder what the real cost of the stadium is?

Or put another way what the value of the stadium is if you included housing in North, training facilities and domes?

Last edited:

This post proves my point. Given the chance to redeem yourself and explain, in real world terms, your financial knowledge and how this can be applied to the clubs current situation, you still choose to post the same old s***e.

This is ironic considering you still think that Ron actually takes cash out of the club every year.

Its really really simple. The club dont make any payments. Ron doesn't call in the charges but they sit on the account as a debt owed for a couple of reasons.

1. It solidifies his position of owner, as with the balance sheet showing significant debt, we are less attractive to potential investment or a sale.

2. The debt is owed to his companies, meaning their balance sheets look better for having such large sums owed. It improves those companies position in terms of securing finance.

Also, playing devils advocate, even if this wasn't the case, when you say the club should withhold payment, you do realise that means Ron withholds payment to Ron? It just doesn't make any sense.

very well explained by Pale Blue Dot - Ron owes Ron 20 million

"The debt is owed to his companies"

"that means Ron withholds payment to Ron"

and he tell the fans hes has put in 20 million ..

hahahahahahahahahahaha ...

Respectfully, you've shared your opinion. Multiple times. Guess what? We all get it.

You don't like him and don't agree with any of his decisions. You know how we all know this? I can search posts by you and its all the same.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, and I can't speak for others but I'm bored of reading the same old ****e.

You've made your point on this matter. How about making some other points on other issues.

Let the light in. Consistently putting out bad vibes isn't good for the soul.

patronising guff ... I have just finished 4 hours of yoga and meditating on the milky way ..

now having some carrot juice and opening up a few chakras to let loads and loads of light in.

I hope my soul is on Ok but its just watching National League football - or FA losers trophy - that is corrupting my mental balance ..

very well explained by Pale Blue Dot - Ron owes Ron 20 million

"The debt is owed to his companies"

"that means Ron withholds payment to Ron"

and he tell the fans hes has put in 20 million ..

hahahahahahahahahahaha ...

So where is the £20m currently?

patronising guff ... I have just finished 4 hours of yoga and meditating on the milky way ..

now having some carrot juice and opening up a few chakras to let loads and loads of light in.

I hope my soul is on Ok but its just watching National League football - or FA losers trophy - that is corrupting my mental balance ..

Cool. Wasn't intended as patronising but if that's how you see it, so be it.

The point still stands, how may times are you going to labour your points? To what end? It's like I said, we get it.

Back