• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

Last week, when I was making the documentary. I wanted to interview Carl Reader. At the time Carl was unable to talk or have a conversation due to his most recent attempt to engage RM with correspondence.

Away from the documentary, I've just interviewed Carl Reader for 45 minutes (remotely) which I will be editing and making available to view this evening or tomorrow once I have finished my work commitments.

Until recently (and I have commented on it on SZ) I was unsure of where Carl funding was going to be coming from and how it would work. Having now spoken to him an length (Which I thank him for his time) I now fully understand his position, his partners and how they will not only look to invest a 9 figure sum (£100M +) to acquire all of the developments and the football club, but how he will run it with a 20 year investment backed cycle not a 5 year or in our current case 24 year backed debt cycle.

I was also unaware of Carl experience of running a football club. Not sure if it has been documented here previously about what he did with Hungerford but now I've taken the time to research that I find it very interesting.

Just for clarity, before first reaching out to Carl 10 days ago, I did not know who he was, I had not met him and today is the first time we have spoken on any matters directly regarding the football club.

I find it interesting, very interesting how privately he has reached out to RM to provide him with an NDA to sign purely so Carl can share the Billion £ worth of wealth in the fund but is yet to respond to him, except the day after he initially went public for wanting to buy the football club last year.

Touch wood I will get the interview up and out on YouTube this evening if not it will be tomorrow, just need to edit some bits out of it.

Any news on this upload?

Watch Here

Here is a short clip of what is being put together. The documentary to confirm is no point related to the Save Our Southend group and the titling in the video will be edited. But thought you'd like to see some of what we're putting together.
That's me with my top off at Wembley on 11 seconds : )

I’ll say it again, this simply isn’t true.
A lender will look at the debtor list, see it’s the football club that’s owes Ron’s company the money………and then laugh.
Correct. I haven't checked but, additionally, the Group entities owed the £24m by SUFC should be carrying a provision in their balance sheet(s) for bad and doubtful debt that zeroises or substantially reduces the value of the asset.

When I brought my house it wasn’t brought with my money I borrowed someone’s Elses, you actually thought Ron Martin was a multi multi multi millionaire bless you he is a legacy con man that’s all he is
He once told a young lady in prittle brook woods that he owned them. Verified by a journalist. Happy to post the link as yes it does sound totally unhinged

Do wonder if people care about to much or are massively over egging their situation. That women, have you really lost friends over it haha can’t be that good friends if you don’t see them outside of football

Considering they made £4 million out of Welcome To Wrexham, and increased shirt sales by £300k…

They are a one off, and will run efficiently into sustainable profit with the new stand, Wales playing international matches at the Racecourse, and promotion into the EFL to cover the £1million loss.

Not something that a Monacan pension fund can do.

PLUS the massive sponsorship deals with TikTok (Ryan Reynolds joined the platform as part of the deal), Expedia, Aviation Gin (I know he owns it, or did, but still new money) and the like. A lot of this deal was self-funding by increased revenue.

And Wrexham didn't have any debt on it's books AND got the Racecourse back for a song.

PLUS the massive sponsorship deals with TikTok (Ryan Reynolds joined the platform as part of the deal), Expedia, Aviation Gin (I know he owns it, or did, but still new money) and the like. A lot of this deal was self-funding by increased revenue.

And Wrexham didn't have any debt on it's books AND got the Racecourse back for a song.
I do wonder what will happen to them when the TV show gets stale - which imho it already is - how many seasons can they keep it interesting for Tele? If the club continues to need funding then, might be interesting to see what they do without Amazon making them a fortune.

Back