• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Documentary Filming

The link is between Ron and Paul Scally ex gillingham owner
Yep, and I think Tom had made contact with RM but hadn't really gotten anywhere.

Wasn't RM saying on Zoom calls around the time "yeah I'd like a CEO but I'm not going to get one in until we're in a better position. I want to give them something to work with". He was quite stubborn about that. Collymore at the very least helped to make RM see that he couldn't wait and got him to pick up the phone. If he didn't then we would likely still be without one.

Last edited:
So who has threating you or your film company? (I know you can not answer that)

Have you had to cut loads of stuff out that is relevant that they have objected to and cut it from the finished edited film?

It is not the club. I will say that. It is also not RM or TL, I will say that. We thought it was sorted. But sadly, is not. I expect it to be sorted on Tuesday when a meeting takes place.

So the “club” asked to see it beforehand - saw it, and decided it contained plenty of libellous “opinions”. Game over.

Completely incorrect. The only part the club asked for was the transcript with RM, which we have not provided them with as of yet. But it will be released to read and review prior to the documentary going live.

It is not the club. I will say that. It is also not RM or TL, I will say that. We thought it was sorted. But sadly, is not. I expect it to be sorted on Tuesday when a meeting takes place.

Completely incorrect. The only part the club asked for was the transcript with RM, which we have not provided them with as of yet. But it will be released to read and review prior to the documentary going live.
Bit confused to who else other than Ron that could sue you about a documentary of Southend United?

This has gone quiet once again... I thought it was days not weeks?

Where's the 17 minute phone interview with our heroic leader that paid off the HMRC?

I’ll probably getting threatened of being sued again.

But, the people who have recently complained about the club, are the reason it’s not YET out.

We continue to work on it. We’ve done 4 interviews in the past week!

Respectfully, how can a balanced documentary be curtailed due to a 3rd party threatening action?

Unless said documentary isn't balanced?

How the actual **** is anything balanced at our club. Take a look around.

For once I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't work in media so am genuinely interested how a 3rd party have the power to stop a films release.

I have heard something incredibly similar. TL was never a stranger to Ron.

Whoever brought him here, let’s just be glad he’s here. Without him, we’d be ****ed

I'm losing faith in TL fast. He seems to have disappeared. A good CEO shouldn't do that. They need backbone. Even to the point of walking away if needed! I believe he's really more of a COO. Surely he'd earn more (and get paid on time) going back to Law?

I'm losing faith in TL fast. He seems to have disappeared. A good CEO shouldn't do that. They need backbone. Even to the point of walking away if needed! I believe he's really more of a COO. Surely he'd earn more (and get paid on time) going back to Law?
TL isn’t your enemy

Time for TL to stand up and be counted. He is either supportive of Martin's chicanery or he is not. As a director of the club's main sponsor he clearly needs to decide which side he is on. He has been given a lot of leeway by supporters but has shown little in practical terms to justify it. How in all conscience can he continue to be the fall guy in Martin's absurd pursuit of the mythical pot of gold aka Fossetts Farm.

For once I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't work in media so am genuinely interested how a 3rd party have the power to stop a films release.

In the same way I was threatened by a club sponsor for harassment for a 6 minute phone conversation. When they asked me to call them.

I’m just worried that super Kev and team have finally had enough after tonight’s further news about owed money which will keep us in an embargo … I reckon Kev is close

Back