• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bazza the dog

First XI
They just showed a documentary on our cable Television here in Sao Paulo called the Real Football Factories with Danny Dyer. I know the man is a bit of a knob and some of his sayings etc are quite cringable but none the less the it was quite an intesting programme and brought back some memories of all those moody northen pubs good and bad.

Anyway, I was thinking of the worse places I have been following the boys and for whats reasons so it would be interesting to know what everyone thinks and has experienced. In this Order.

1. Hartlepool, they are all big ugly shrek lookalikes up there who love nothing but a good fight and to kill anyone from Hull downwards. I remember the best away game I have ever been to when we dicked then in the FA Cup replay 2-1 with Super Tes getting the winner inthe lst minute after Leon Cort had just knocked on the equiliser in the 89th, they were going off their heads outside but somehow the famous 13 got away to enjoy a mad Tuesday night out in Newcastle to celebrate.

2.Millwall, they are just mad and horrible at the same time and a good majority of them with have it, the good thing is that the accent is similar so you are not spotted so easily.

3. Swansea, I have nothing but contempt for those horrible welsh savages who are in my book complete bullies with that ****ty accent of theirs which just goes through me. They really do want to kill us English when we cross into their dog of a city and you really have to watch your back in that place. Remember a few of them have been done more than once at RH, one particular incident in the Railway springs to mind when a certain person ruined a good par of new ones and twos.

Any other places chaps?

Walsall's old ground stands out for me. Drove up there for a late-80's Leyland DAF / Auto Windshields (or whatever it was called that particular year) cup game. The weather was terrible.

Walsall was a real dive. Tried to find a decent pub, but we finally found out how an ethnic minority group can be made to feel very unwelcome by a predominantly white pub going crowd. But the tables was turned this time around. Every pub was populated by Asians. No problem for us, but it seemed like a problem for them. Very cold welcomes indeed.

The ground was a shambles. This great big tower creaked and swayed above us in the wind and I thought it was going to come down on us. We got stuffed something like 4-0. Stuart Rimmer was on good form that night and tore us to shreds. The rain started pelting down.

The drive back was terrible. My car (a Cortina!!!) was being blown from lane to lane on the motorway by very strong winds and my window wipers couldn't keep up with the torrential down pour.

Needless to say, Walsall is not a place I've ever hurried back to.

Last edited:
Walsall's old ground stands out for me. Drove up there for a late-80's Leyland DAF / Auto Windshields (or whatever it was called that particular year) cup game. The weather was terrible.

Walsall was a real dive. Tried to find a decent pub, but we finally found out how an ethnic minority group can be made to feel very unwelcome by a predominantly white pub going crowd. But the tables was turned this time around. Every pub was populated by Asians. No problem for us, but it seemed like a problem for them. Very cold welcomes indeed.

The ground was a shambles. This great big tower creaked and swayed above us in the wind and I thought it was going to come down on us. We got stuffed something like 4-0. Stuart Rimmer was on good form that night and tore us to shreds. The rain started pelting down.

The drive back was terrible. My car (a Cortina!!!) was being blown from lane to lane on the motorway by very strong winds and my window wipers couldn't keep up with the torrential down pour.

Needless to say, Walsall is not a place I've ever hurried back to.

I'd almost forgotten that awful night out. If I remember correctly it was the last season they played at their old ground. Also, the roof had huge holes in it & meant that it was almost as wet under cover as outside!

The old Vetch was another awful trip, especially as Adam Locke scored two goals that night. What a bunch of w@nkers they were that night.

Halifax was another really awful ground. The attendance was barely 2000, but the pub near the ground had about 20 d!ckheads who wanted to fight 50+ SUFC fans. The stewards were @rseholes & unfriendly, I was kicked out of my seat, despite my seat it being a complimentry courtesy of one of our players! Sh!t ground too!

CD Enguera.

The small ground is located at the rear of a housing estate in the middle of nowhere about 50 kilometres inland in the Valencian Province. It's the type of place where people and even dogs stop and stare open-mouthed when outsiders arrive, whether individually or en-masse. If you listen carefully, you can almost hear the sound of the Valencian equivalent of the banjo floating gently on the breeze. Horse and carts still trot up and down the small main street, which is lined with small, dingy bars outside which several tobacco-chewing old boys fling playing cards at each other playing some obscure card game. We arrived "en-masse" in Autumn 2005 to find a pitch resembling a small sand quarry and a terrace that would have been condemned in the UK long before the Taylor Report recommended all-seater stadia. As we piled into the ground, the home fans stopped and stared again, heads slightly leaning to one side; we swear that even the home players, warming up on the dustbowl pitch, stopped in awe as well. Unnerving. We gathered on one side of the pitch and when the rojiblancos trotted out for the beginning of the game, we let out an enormous roar in support. This motivated the locals. Menacing looks were thrown our way for much of the opening half; they scored (a very dodgy penalty) yet the cheer was barely audible as some of the younger elements drew their finger across their throats. So we sang louder. At half-time the bar became off-limits to us as a "sudden" throng of people made it impossible to get served; we didn't care as we had our own supply. Minutes into the second-half, we equalised with a superb half-volley from David and we celebrated wildly, dancing on the pitch and (perhaps) mocking our supposed executioners. As the game drew to a close, the referee disallowed an goal from the home side - the player WAS miles offside - and the home crowd grew even more restless, turning their attention from us (ominously, they were gathering by the exit) to the official in the middle. As time was blown, several hundred were lining the perimeter of the pitch; they parted and at least a dozen blokes on scooters (with passengers) drove onto the pitch and towards the referee. Sensing a potental for trouble, we edged towards the now-vacant exit whilst keeping one eye on the mayhem on the pitch, now covered in several hundred who were all making for the official. A couple of younger lads mocked us - one whispers "goodbyeee eeenglish" - as we inched through the exit and made for the relative safety of the coach. A couple of Guardia Civil cars arrived and the occupants walked into the ground, all puffing on small roll-up cigarettes. Their simply presence did the trick as we could see the pitch instantly clear.

CD Enguera were relegated at the end of that season. Thank **** for that ...

Torquay or Boston.

Torquay I'll give you, but Boston? Some decent pubs, a big old terrace to stand and make a racket on, three easy points and it's not really THAT far away. Plus the abuse you could give fatty Evans was always the best bit of the day out.

The Den was possibly the most terrifying ground ever..especially when you're only about 10 or 11.

Walking down Cold Blow Lane was horrendous...i just kept on expecting to be stabbed at any minute.

Hull's old ground.

I went there with 3 mates before the first game of the season.

Day started well enough. Got to Hull nice and early and found a pub. It was a total dive but hey it was Hull. We moved further into town as the day progressed and found a ok looking pub not far from the ground.

It was my round and 4 beers came to £4.85 or something similar. Decided as you do to go to the loos. As I was in there a big fat northern bloke started talking to me. Basically the conversation was the me and my mates werent welcome in the pub as it was a Hull pub.

Told the lads and they said we can drink where we wanted so we stayed there. About an hour later we went to leave as it was getting close to kick off and we had to get a bus along the main road. As we got up about 20 lads got up at the same point and left. They were walking behind us and clipping my heals etc etc. Really hard when there was four of us.

A copper turnd up and got on the bus which was a god send. As we got off near the ground we got seperated into twos. I was with my mate Dom.

Next thing we know we walk past there pub called the Silver Cod which is there boys pub. Some of the lads start telling me and my mate to come down an alley way as they want a chat. Luckily some other Hull fan I had spoke to on the bus got hold of me and dragged me towards to ground and told the other Hull fans to f off.

Tes scored a last mins equliaser and whilst I was happy I knew there would be hell to pay outside.

As we left the away end there boys were waiting. They were such scum I saw one of them smack an old boy Southend fan. Spooner stepped in and saved the old boy.

We teamed up with the legend that is Bob Evans (RIP) and walked back to the station with him, Littleman and the train crew. Never been so pleased to make it to the station. I cant believe we didnt get done over.

Got to WHSmiths in Hull station and the bloke that served me in the shop told me we were **** and southern *******s. He thought he was pretty cool. Sadly he had a name tag on so I wrote a letter of complaint to WHSmiths about him. Not sure he was laughing by the end.

I will never go back to Hull as a result this (Unless its really crucial of course).

Back