• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I quite like him but I worry about him and us at the moment... Ken's post earlier said everything I would say at this time..

Hate is a really strong word, when my dad was around I always remember what he said, hate is reserved for the worst situations. We use the word a little too freely.

I have a strong dislike for him, his off field private life over the years, (which Is easily verified with a little search) I think effects his day to day job, he has so much on his plate that even someone with the strongest resolve, would not be able to concentrate/function correctly.

its all about him, women and wine, he should really worry about how many shots on target we always, never have.

Hate; seriously? Of course, I don't hate him, and on one front alone he looks far more friendly than some that went before.
Luggy was a decent guy; but he always came across as a bit diffident.
Brown is on the whole OK as a manager and presents decent PR for the club.

Hate is a really strong word, when my dad was around I always remember what he said, hate is reserved for the worst situations. We use the word a little too freely.

I have a strong dislike for him, his off field private life over the years
, (which Is easily verified with a little search) I think effects his day to day job, he has so much on his plate that even someone with the strongest resolve, would not be able to concentrate/function correctly.

its all about him, women and wine, he should really worry about how many shots on target we always, never have.

Wow! They are fairly strong suggestions. I don't know the man personally and only judge his managerial performance and as for his private life I have no knowledge whatsoever and cannot imply that it affects his working life. I am sure there are/have been many on here that know how to party hard and they would take exception to the suggestion that it prohibits their work performance.

I will stick to what I see and not what I hear.

I don't hate him, I don't know him. But I hate some of his decisions and tactics in his profession

I have a strong dislike for him, his off field private life over the years, (which Is easily verified with a little search) I think effects his day to day job, he has so much on his plate that even someone with the strongest resolve, would not be able to concentrate/function correctly.

New Troll alert. Next time try waiting more than three posts

I see that the man Mr Rigsby (if he is a man) likes to have pop at anyone, with a massive bias towards Philip Brown? http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?82340-Todays-Sun

its well documented. But I'm glad of your over opinionated views, I take it now you will reply and suggested the papers make it all up, and a private life in every port is his business and will not effect? Or will you do your claim £5 or edited for accuracy?

Mr Brown is touting himself about for other clubs, I'm surprised Ronald has not pulled the trigger (and now you want to reply and say he cane afford to)

You are Mr 'I've read a suspiciously large amount of posts before registering' and I claim my £5 of 'Soaraway Sun' cheap caravan holiday tokens!

I see that the man Mr Rigsby (if he is a man) likes to have pop at anyone, with a massive bias towards Philip Brown? http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?82340-Todays-Sun

its well documented. But I'm glad of your over opinionated views, I take it now you will reply and suggested the papers make it all up, and a private life in every port is his business and will not effect? Or will you do your claim £5 or edited for accuracy?

Mr Brown is touting himself about for other clubs, I'm surprised Ronald has not pulled the trigger (and now you want to reply and say he cane afford to)

You may want to play the post rather than the poster. Personal abuse ain't clever.

I don't hate him, although I have more reason than most.

I was standing by the corner flag during the legends game at Meet the Blues Day and he approached me to take a corner. As he came over, he said "what do you fancy here then - a near post inswinger?"

I advised him to put the ball over to the far post as there were players arriving, but what did he do? Duffed it to the edge of the box. I mean honestly, some people are just beyond help....

I do think some supporters need a sense of perspective, maybe a few season reviews from the era of neville roach, neil campbell and mel capleton would make people appreciate where we are now

The period around the time of the new millennium was not great but it is disingenuous to compare our current fortunes selectively against a carefully chosen poor period. I could just as easily pick out a good period for comparison, but it's pointless so I won't.

I was standing by the corner flag during the legends game at Meet the Blues Day and he approached me to take a corner. As he came over, he said "what do you fancy here then - a near post inswinger?"

I advised him to put the ball over to the far post as there were players arriving, but what did he do? Duffed it to the edge of the box. I mean honestly, some people are just beyond help....

:smile::smile:......

Thank you for making this thread bearable Greebosan.

that would make a great chat-up line... :smile:

I don't warm to him - never have. But he took us up and kept us up, and on that basis history will look more kindly on him than many others who have gone before him. I'm not the type to demand a dismissal unless it's absolutely necessary and on that basis Brown retains my confidence until such time as a change is necessary to avoid the drop.

Back