• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
I certainly don't !

He comes across as very likeable and a decent guy,cannot understand why some on here use the phrase "Phil/Brown haters".....lazy reposte IMO to even utter that phrase.

Dont like his football style that is certain,hate never!

Does he deserve the sack,he has been lucky Ron hasn't pulled the trigger yet,time is running out for Phil,he needs results badly or the axe has to fall.

If hes was to get sacked ,RM i think would nt have the money to pay out his contract and then probably have to pay compensation to another club should he go for a manager such as Cowley ,as many have mentioned who is already employ by Lincoln,As it stands at present im happy to have PB as manager of Southend and still believe he has the baking of the players and chairman, when a certain 3 players are back from injury ,fully fit etc ,then i will pass judgement ,i give him until xmas to have Southend mid table i will be happy.

I just be happy to stay into touch behind 5th from bottom by 1st of January. I think a bad September will finish him off, for his sake, he have 3 days left to get free agents in.

I actually think he's doing a reasonable job, lets just remember for a second that over the last 20 years or so we have predominantly been a L2 level side with the odd short lived flirtation with higher leagues. At the moment we are in L1 and punching above our weight to be there so success looks like staying in L1 to consolidate our position before an eventual strong push into the championship.

on the signings side of things I think if everyone calmed down for a second and looked they would see that we actually have a very decent first team yes we lost our best young players to bigger clubs (as is the way for most lower league sides) but the signings of Ferdinand, Cox and Ranger show that we can attract talent. No we don't have a massive amount of strength in depth but to be honest neither do most sides in the country. If we are honest with ourselves we are not that attractive a club to move to, our ground whilst being a proper ground is a ****ehole throwback to the 70's (or earlier), if a player had the choice of running out at roots hall or brammal lane every week it think we know what they would go for.

So do I hate brown, no I think he's doing ok, not great but okay. He is his own worst enemy at times but he's honest.

I do think some supporters need a sense of perspective, maybe a few season reviews from the era of neville roach, neil campbell and mel capleton would make people appreciate where we are now

No, not at all. I'm also not swayed by the rubbish published in the media from him.

But I don't think he's doing a good job, currently, with the existing squad.

In my eyes, it seems, collectively, PB, RM & SK took a gamble on being able to bring in 5 or 6 top quality L1 signings for this season. It's obviously back-fired and, while it's not the calamity some seem to believe, PB has let a predominantly L2 squad fall back to it's natural level, rather than managing them effectively to squeeze the extra 5% out of them.

I don't know if he will manage to turn it round now. He doesn't seem the type to eat humble pie easily - even though he seems to have started down that route judging by some fairly inadequate words quoted in the Echo.

I'd love him to turn this team around. I hope Anton Ferdinand is a big enough character to lift the dressing room once again and, alongside, Barrett drag the on-field confidence back out of the gutter.

I suspect, with the passion in football, there may be one or two that genuinely hate PB. Odd but believable. On the whole though it is a tag given to anyone that writes anything questioning about PB and his tactics. A few culprits not only defend the man, unnecessarily, but also use silly name calling. Now it has become widespread, like an urban legend, if you question PB you must hate him. As if. I very dislike the saga of the PB stewardship, its poor performances and the inanity of his press releases but beyond that he arouses no feelings in me whatsoever (unlike his effect on OBL :winking:).

I certainly don't !

He comes across as very likeable and a decent guy,cannot understand why some on here use the phrase "Phil/Brown haters".....lazy reposte IMO to even utter that phrase.

Does he deserve the sack,he has been lucky Ron hasn't pulled the trigger yet,time is running out for Phil,he needs results badly or the axe has to fall.

As lazy as people telling Phil Brown to f**k off, either on here or at the ground , or calling him a c**t if we we go a goal down ( as witnessed first hand by me at a number of games ..) , don't point the finger one way ..., the whole PB situation is certainly dividing the club. Personally, I feel the people that are hugely anti PB give better responses and arguments than a certain number of people that aren't happy with PB being in charge, but, as with any argument people never change sides, instead you just get more intrenched in your own opinion, but please don't believe that only pro anti PB have "lazy arguments", that is definitely not the overall case !

A vast majority want the manager to use his motivational skills to harness the will to win, to get the players to give 100% per game, to be able to successfully change tactics and players when needed during a game, to give interviews that promote his leadership at Southend United, to say the right things at the right time and sometimes say nothing.

Not a lot to ask.

Hate is a strong word, I just really, really, really don't like him.

;)

I certainly don't !

Hate him? Of course. This man has sugar daddy potential. He is a silver tongued lothario all tanned, shipshape and Bristol fashion. He is flush with cash and well respected in the media industry. I can see him being cast as the next 007 albeit without his Northern dialect pet :winking:

Hate him? Of course. This man has sugar daddy potential. He is a silver tongued lothario all tanned, shipshape and Bristol fashion. He is flush with cash and well respected in the media industry. I can see him being cast as the next 007 albeit without his Northern dialect pet :winking:

008 now. Another set piece.

Hate is a strong word. I have never met the guy and personally he has done me no wrong, so I have no reason to hate him. However it doesn't mean to say I like him either.

I certainly don't like his tactics, but I have seen worse too! I think footballing wise at the moment it is time for a change.

Hate is a strong word. I have never met the guy and personally he has done me no wrong, so I have no reason to hate him. However it doesn't mean to say I like him either.

I certainly don't like his tactics, but I have seen worse too! I think footballing wise at the moment it is time for a change.

I couldn't have put it any better. Hate is used for murderers, rapists, terrorists etc.

The same as I don't believe any player goes onto to pitch thinking I'll have a bad game, Brown as a passionate fan of football will never want to do badly and wants sucess just as much as any die hard supporter.On very limited resources and a club which has not reached its potential (see ron) could he do better .....yes .. but I would hope every blues die hard wouldn't ever use that word and wants him to prove us wrong

I met him briefly and he was pleasant enough. His public persona grates on me though and I think he's a poor man manager.

Totally love him and hope he stays as manager, or at least until I've finished the mosaic of him that I am making from all those spilt coco pops, you know them... those ones you always find at the bottom of the empty box !

Anyone who genuinely hates someone they don't know because of their involvement in a game needs to take a long hard look at themselves. And maybe seek some help for their issues.

I exclude hatred of Karren Brady, David Gold and David Sullivan from the above obviously. That should be encouraged.

I don't hate him, but I think he's taken us as far as he can and I would like a new manager and some fresh ideas.

Back