• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does anyone have photo's of the model or anything at all different?

DanB

Hey
I've been recreating a 3D model the stadium the last couple of months and it's been going well but I'm having trouble with a lot of stuff. Mainly lack of photo's. I've mainly used the plans from the council website as the guide but it misses parts out. I've got a vague idea but i'm a bit of a perfectionist and I'm sure once i saw a picture of the model. Had anyone got any. Also does anyone know if it's still at the club to be viewed at all?
I'll show an example of where I was at a few weeks back. I've haven't rendered or completed most of what you can see but it obviously shows good idea of the detail i'm trying to put in. I'm having trouble piecing together the shops etc lower and upper floors in the link between the stadium as it joins into the shops. http://lh4.ggpht.com/_5W7crQb20qo/TP958H4ch2I/AAAAAAAAA4I/Yhf0xPINbWg/s800/ff701.jpg

There's a video (somewhere) showing the approach into the stadium, going up the stadium approach IIRC. If you could locate that, I dare say you'll get a better idea of what the store fronts are supposed to look like.

thanks. yeh i'd already seen that. it's slightly frustrating as the quality of the video makes it slightly awkward to see.

That looks really impressive mate, though i feel i should point out the rather obvious error of your model having 4 sides :sad:

4 sides? i'm confused by what you mean?

There have been rumours the new ground may have only three sides with apparantly the main stand missing. I think there was a thread dedicated to this but has probably gone missing as a result of the recent zone difficulties.

Oh right. I wonder if that would be like Oxford United. 3 sides until they need it. Wonderful. That would look awful in my opinion being a massive stadium fan, the only thing that i like about the stadium is the shape of the roof that curves around main and into the shops. the actual stadium for seating itself it one of the lamest i've seen. it's weird cos going through all the plans of the stadium over and over for this, everything that's going into the main stand is for purpose of players and corperate to make all the money. the other 3 stands are just seats with toilets, food bars and bars behind them. Plus thats odd to think of a main stand missing, maybe just don't have goals end for now. Strange, all strange. Thanks for the clearing that up. Well I'm sure one day that stadium will have 4 sides and my ground will be correct. I'm not too surprised if you look at what's being put into the ground there is no way a 4th tier team with little money and little income can build that thing, I think it's a money pit.

Back