• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bishmania

First XI
WARNING: THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN A RANT

I'm a bit miffed, considering the statement the club released the other day, in regards to King Kev that the three following articles on the OS talking about who will play in midfield against Luton have all failed to mention him.

Not only that but in the match previews in recent weeks his "injury" is not one of those mentioned in the list of absentees along with Kanu, etc...

No mention of his tendonitis, or anything else since that one article in the Echo a couple of weeks ago (Tilly explains Maher decision) and it is almost like he has completely disappeared off the face of the earth, or in the eyes of the club at least anyway.

Now, I don't like us airing our dirty laundry in public but surely something has to be said (Maher is on disciplinary, Maher is actually injured, Maher is talking with Swindon or whoever about a loan move) to stop people coming to our own conclusions(like me, I'm sure every Southend fan has an idea in his/her head what has happened that may or may not be true).

At least show us that, like our squad page says, he is still part of our squad.

As far as anyone could make out the only acknowledgment of one of the longest serving players and club captain is an article that the club felt the need to publish to deny the Gillingham rumour (which took over a day so I'm beginning to wonder if a deal fell through - there I go again coming to my own conclusions)

It is just so frustrating that (whatever may or may not have happened behind the scenes) Maher seems to be completely ignored now.

Goodness, I'm so frustrated with this all.

Why does every else feel the club has to ignore him in such a blatant way?

To quote a post of MtS's: "certain philosophers (notably Descartes, George Berkeley) have put up as a topic of debate the notion that there are very few entirely objective facts. For instance, we say that the sky is blue - but why? How do we know that that is blue? How do we know it's the sky?"

So maybe how do we know that there is a Maher. He, on the basis of the above, may not exist after all. And do we, for that matter?

So maybe how do we know that there is a Maher. He, on the basis of the above, may not exist after all. And do we, for that matter?

As an 'idea' that exists within the socio-cultural realm then I am certain that Maher exists, for I have seen his effects.

A discussion of the ontological status of ageing lower league midfielders is long overdue I'd say. As Albert Markowski states (although not directly in relation to Kevin Maher), 'if the forms of this world die, which is more real, the me that dies or the me that's infinite? Can I trust my habitual mind, or do I need to learn to look beneath those things?'

I was staring at the sky - watching the cloud formations -

first I saw a chair - but then, later, much later

I saw king kev drifting into space -

my friend passed me a reefer but ..........

I declined as I wanted to see if Moussa would hack it on Saturday.

Back