• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
I was very shocked a good while ago when some-one suggested to me that Phil was quite suggestible and susceptible to listening to opinions on selection and players form from the Chairman and his circle.

Given that we have not got a keeper fit for purpose and given RMs love of transfer fees I did wonder if this was the usual bar room bollox or if anyone else thinks there is any substance to it..

Simply put does Ron pick the team ?

I'll just give Ron a call.
He was washing his hair so sorry I don't know if he picks the team.

I'll give you Five Million reasons why he doesnt

so flattered you remember the identity of the only person who did not fall for all that "we are broke" rubbish

and correctly told the Zones followers that the club was fine ....... AND here we are with a fancy manager and loads of costly players ....

I was right ...

cheers

so flattered you remember the identity of the only person who did not fall for all that "we are broke" rubbish

and correctly told the Zones followers that the club was fine ....... AND here we are with a fancy manager and loads of costly players ....

I was right ...

cheers

The only way our squad is costly is the danger they are going to cost us our place in League 1, Cox aside I can't think of anyone who will be on good money. We can only afford Cox because we got a rumoured 6 figure settlement for Payne and Bentley will bring us another payday.

I was right ...

cheers

I'm amazed at your modesty.

The only way our squad is costly is the danger they are going to cost us our place in League 1, Cox aside I can't think of anyone who will be on good money. We can only afford Cox because we got a rumoured 6 figure settlement for Payne and Bentley will bring us another payday.
Would imagine Ferdinand is on a fair whack as well.

I was right ...

cheers
If you seriously believe the club is in a good financial position then you are deluded. We are probably around £15 million in debt and it is rising. Sooner or later this will catch up with us unless something drastically happens.

I was right ...

cheers

Yeah, we are still well over 10 million in debt though. Check the accounts.

I was very shocked a good while ago when some-one suggested to me that Phil was quite suggestible and susceptible to listening to opinions on selection and players form from the Chairman and his circle.

Given that we have not got a keeper fit for purpose and given RMs love of transfer fees I did wonder if this was the usual bar room bollox or if anyone else thinks there is any substance to it..

Simply put does Ron pick the team ?

If Phil was so susceptible to what he is told above he would have played the likes of Barnard and Eastwood more, who were signings pushed on him from above.

Definitely doesn't pick the team but certainly has a say on who plays on certain occasions. I remember someone stating once that Ron was keen for Bentley to get his chance as he obviously knew he was a potential asset. Wouldn't surprise me if he does the same with Ted.

If you seriously believe the club is in a good financial position then you are deluded. We are probably around £15 million in debt and it is rising. Sooner or later this will catch up with us unless something drastically happens.
I think what you are missing is the fact that we have had a £20m bid accepted for Leonard from Real Madrid but due to their transfer embargo he is staying with us until the end of the season. FACT. END OF !

Politics? Well PB must be an SNP member. Short term their policies brought success. Both are in a top position with a mandate from a small number of people. Over time the tactics will fail to impress and the incessant hyperbole will see their removal from office.

Back