• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Guy who ran the local garage here had exactly the same as you, had to have the same treatment you are having/going to have, and came out completely clear at the end of it.

It is a helluva shock to find yourself in your position, and that combined with finding yourself unable to cope with things you didn't even have to think about in the past and having to take a cocktail of drugs is more than enough to explain your current foul mood. Don't beat yourself up over it, but do talk to the doctor about it. When the op is over and you can see signs of getting back to your old self, your mood will change to match. In the meantime feel free to take it out on any visiting Ewes/O's!

Thats all fine and dandy tom but is he a good mech-thingy and does he do mates rates.

Thats all fine and dandy tom but is he a good mech-thingy and does he do mates rates.

Grumpy exterior, heart of gold, first class mechanic, and he let me run a (usually very overdue) account rather than paying up front for everything, which I would argue is better than mates-rates!

513.gif

The upside to this, howvever, is that when I'm up in court for inserting a Col Ewe fan up the backside of a Borient fan, I can claim it was the drugs, as well as being the decent thing to do. Steve Lamacq and Steve Davis had better watch out .....

Not a court in the land would convict.

I also would like to wish you the very best for Tuesday and the immediate future. And don't worry about the nasty barsteward bit, I have been like that for years, it makes you smile inwardly after a while.

My dad has been clear of bladder cancer for about a year now.

Can't say he was ever moody because of it though he's not a typical example as he's just about the nicest bloke anyone could meet.

We had some tough times going through it.Worse thing was him having to give up work and sell the house, mum and dad proceeded to move to Spain in a low cost mobile home just to get by. That really upset me as i knew they'd miss out on seeing their newly-born twin grandchildren grow up.That was 4 yrs ago.

I really miss them, i've always said that if dad hadn't of suffered with cancer then i'd still be going round to visit every other day for a cuppa.But hey,when i see the old gits now with their suntan and how happy they are, it is so touching knowing how the sun really does shine on some.

Good luck Groyney.

Jesus mate I hope you come through it ok and I would also like to wish you a full recovery so in a years time you will be sweat as a nut.

Boa Sorte (good luck).

I normally take your posts with a pinch of salt Groyney - and lets be honest - you've had more aliases on here than Mike has done. But i wish you all the best for next Tuesday. Remember that pink hat ... !!

Kev

;)

All the best...........

All the very best for next Tuesday and a swift recovery.

My parents went through cancer and the change in personality is generally one that comes with the territory but if the prognosis is as good as it appears to be for you be assured you will go back to the way you were.

Being aware of your own mortality is very sobering

All thoughts for next week.............

All the best mate, your suffering makes me feel so guilty about whingeing about my shoulder operation seem pathetic. Don't forget we have both got to watch young George play in goal when he is 40.

Jeez Mate, Good luck on Tuesday.

As for the moods, well i am a big c most of the time and I can't blame any meds, people will understand, or at least the ****ing ******s should...

My very best wishes to you.

We all deal with things in different ways and that does not make you better or worse than anyone else, its a way of coping. My father has recently been diagnosed with the big C and he fell in to a deep state of despair and understanably so. When I first found out I went to see him and he was in a right old mood. He did apologise and I told him not to worry as I have always thought of him as a grumpy ****. This brought a smile to his face.

Support of those around you and trying to keep a strong mind is all you can do. The medical people will do the rest.

Best wishes for Tuesday

Oh, and if you do the col ewe / borient insertions as mentioned - you are well on your way to recovery

Best wishes from me mate. A brave post.
My thoughts are with you.
Can I say I'll remember you in my prayers? I'm a teacher, not sure if I am allowed, I hope you're not offended.

A sobering post SG, I came into work today in a right grump with all my little problems, consider my backside firmly kicked. Best Wishes to you & your family now and into the future.

Talking about moods SG im diabetic and of course stuck to all the good diet no sugar drinks but suffered bad mood swings.Turns out there is a thing in the sweetners which is none to good for you and can give you mood swings,i cut out the drinks and no more mood swings,but alas im still a **** and bald and fat but the wife likes the lack of mood swings.
Ask your doc and make sure he doesnt fob you off as they offend do.

All the best with the op. Am sure once you come through the other side and start your recovering you will see the person you once used to be coem shining through again.

Best wishes.

SG - one of the bravest posts I've ever read on here. Best of luck for Tuesday, and don't worry about being a miserable c*** - SZ boasts a particularly rich vein of said individuals.

:)

Matt

A very touching post S. G I hope all goes well for you in the operation and beyond that in getting back to your best.
I went through something similar aged 15, although thankfully it turned out that what i was eventually diagnosed with was not the Brain Tumour i had been told it was. I know that for the period of time i was ill i became one hell of a big C. As you say irritable and very very down. Nothing seemed to go my way and i was tired after getting off the sofa to get myself a drink. I became obnoxious and rude really and i hated myself so much i reckon i was ten minutes away from committing suicide. Something personal happened during that time also and instead of letting that ruin me, i used it as a springboard. 3 years on i'm happier than i've ever been. I think the drugs certainly played a massive part in how i felt and i think you have to accept you're not who you are at the moment. If you go through this period of your life being someone else you'll come out the other side a better person for it. How does being one of the lucky ones make you feel? i think that affected me greatly. You have everyone best wishes and people will understand! I know it would be weird to talk to an 18 year old about it, but you know the rest.
You have my best wishes for the present and the future and i hope all goes well for you in the operation.

It does lead me to wonder why this has all happened - not the cancer, I can deal with that, no problem - but the falling away of my personality and the ability to do simple everyday tasks. Is a side effect of the Big C becoming a big c yourself? Is it the medicines doing this to me? Or am I just a nasty, miserable, selfish soul and it took something like this to bring out the bad in me.

All I know at the moment is that I can't wait for next Tuesday to come around. Not just to remove a couple of bits of my body I don't want or need, but I can't stand the person I'm turning into and want to see if and when my old self returns.

In that case the answer must be no, the cancer hasn't brought out the nasty, miserable, selfish true self. If it had you wouldn't be worried by it, and want to see if your old self returns. It may have made you that way, but that isn't your true self.

I certainly wish you well for Tuesday, and hope you live to a ripe old age along with the rest of us.

A very moving post an I wish you well for Tuesday. I am sure your "mind changes" are a result of the drugs, and hopefully you will be back to your usual self soon.

Well, everything appears to be fine. I arrived home late last night. Everything that was meant to be removed has been removed. The medication I've been given is doing its' job. And my lad was also given a rather amusing insight into my short temper after a buffet trolley person deliberately barged into me and ran over my foot on the East Coast train back home (you know when you might have over-reacted when the entire carriage is silent from York all the way back to London).

If there's a funny odour emanating from Southchurch Village way in future please be assured it's not me anymore.

Back