• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Does this club have ambition!?

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
We are going to get a new ground..

It's no fcuking good if we haven't got a team that is going to get wins and bring the gates in each week. We will be in serious debt... what is the current situation?

Leon Cort and Kevin Maher both wanted by Hull and they have the money to get them and it wouldn't surprise me if they go.

Leon Constantine has gone and as the echo said Tilson didn't even know about it until Fry rang him up. Do we have any closeness in the team where the players actually speak to each other and the management staff?

He is such a major loss to us.. 25 goals in a season.. need i say more?

Tilson needs to prove me wrong and pull of some signings and I am happy that he has the chance to make this squad his own but he wanted to keep Leon and I don't want this to turn into a downward spiral.

Everyone wants success at the club so why are we not capable of pulling off the tricks to keep good players at our club yet we can afford a new stadium?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend4ever @ May 24 2004,16:52)]We are going to get a new ground..

It's no fcuking good if we haven't got a team that is going to get wins and bring the gates in each week. We will be in serious debt... what is the current situation?

Leon Cort and Kevin Maher both wanted by Hull and they have the money to get them and it wouldn't surprise me if they go.

Leon Constantine has gone and as the echo said Tilson didn't even know about it until Fry rang him up. Do we have any closeness in the team where the players actually speak to each other and the management staff?

He is such a major loss to us.. 25 goals in a season.. need i say more?

Tilson needs to prove me wrong and pull of some signings and I am happy that he has the chance to make this squad his own but he wanted to keep Leon and I don't want this to turn into a downward spiral.

Everyone wants success at the club so why are we not capable of pulling off the tricks to keep good players at our club yet we can afford a new stadium?  
rock.gif
As I have said on other threads...

There is a div 3 wagecap in force that stops clubs paying out more than a certain percentage of its turnover in wages.

Because Hull are a bigger club with bigger crowds in now a higher division we will not be able to hold a candle to anything they might care to offer... it's a fact of life now so we just have to live with it.

I think the offering of 2 year contracts to certain players shows a bit more ambition (and faith) then in recent seasons.

I honestly dont think Tilson is that bothered about losing Leon...he has already been lining up a new striker...and lets face it, he didnt even start leon up front that much. I reckon his 25 goals were a one off, out of keeping with the rest of his career and id rather find a couple of better freebies then pay him three times more then he was on.

Theres not point in having ambition if we dont have our key players!

Kevin Maher is a key player.

I was one of the people on this board,that wanted to know whether he wanted the arm band and play for the team,and from then on he proved his worth ten fold.

I will be gutted if Kevin goes,we seem to lose an idea when he not in the team,Jay Smith could be the key to the team,however how bad is his injury time will tell ?

I agree. I only asked the question because different people opt for different "key players", i.e. I don't think Constantine would have been a key player next season and I'm therefore not that fussed about his departure. However I do see Maher as a key player and hope that he stays ...

WS

Javea Shrimper will agree with your view on Constantine,however he knew where the net was(Alas not in the LDV Final I think I could have scored),it now puts pressure on Dudfield to score frequent,as I cann't see Tes,Drewe, being more than 15 goals between them,so therefore the pressure is heaped on one striker.What Constantine did give us was width,to which he either scored or created other chances for strikers when the keeper has saved and not kept the ball.I was impressed the few time Tes came in from the wing and shot for goal,'cos a few times,the ball was pushed out by the keeper into a strikers feet,shame it was Drewes
biggrin.gif
If Scott McGleish is the player Tilly is after I will be happy,thought he played well for Col Utd in semi and looked quick and dangerous.

Back